darkariel7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am looking to try this routine what can I expect? Suggestions?

The goal here is to grow some overall size and just get more fit. Improve strength endurance physique and energy.
    What kind of results can I expect if I follow this routine for 2 months or so? Obviously that's a short period of time but I am wondering if its enough to see any noticeable results.
    I would love any improvements.
    I am currently 5'10" 155lbs wet. My current lift weights are more or less that in the routine that I already put in. I have been doing basically just the bottom half of all of the workouts.
    All the workouts are split between morning and night workouts. Thursday and Friday and Saturday are the same as Monday and Tuesday respectively.
    Monday
    Exercise Sets x Reps Weight Duration
    Kegel
    Turkish Get Up 3x3 35lbs
    Push Up Row 3x8 35lbs
    Squats 3x20 BW
    Elliptical 1mil

Kegel
    Bench Press 2x6 - 3x12 132lbs - 110lbs
    Pull Ups 5x5 BW
    BB Shrugs 3x12 88lbs

Tuesday
    Kegel
    Hollow Body 3 30s
    Bird Dog Pose 3x15
    Russian Twist 3x12 20lbs
    Battle Rope F

Kegel
    Squats 2x5 - 3x10 176lbs - 132lbs
    Calf Raises 3x15 132lbs
    Deadlift 3x5 or 3x10 198lbs or 154lbs

Wednesday
    Kegel
    Wrist Curl 3x20 20lbs
    Animal Walk Freely

Kegel
    Elliptical 2mil

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've got a lot of Kegel's in there. You might want to cut back. You might want to follow a traditional program with exercises like squat, bench press, rows, deadlift, overhead press. This "Bird Dog Pose" and "Battle Rope" and "Animal Walk" that are in your program could probably be substituted other exercises in a traditional program. I suggest the Fierce 5 or AllPro up in the stickies.

ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ECGordyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^
    Fierce 5
    AllPro
    Viking's
    Candito Linear
    Stronglifts
    Starting Strength

All good programs. Core work is always good to do, but no need to overdo it. Turkish get ups are cool, good for active recovery and balancing the core.

Be sure to eat to build muscle. You need a caloric surplus with plenty of protein, and good sleep, 7+ hours each night.
    2020 maxes
    Squat 185
    Bench 137
    DL 205
    bw 88.5 age 43

Currently cutting, workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1626795193&viewfull=1#post1626795193

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    After giving this much thought, perhaps you should keep your Kegel exercises. I'm assuming you need this much Kegel's for your career in acting. The other exercises you need to look good in front of the camera.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It looks like it's a compilation of exercises you found from all over. I don't see a coherent program here.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure if srs.....

Please don’t be srs

So anyone with actual input?

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you honestly expect serious replies when you have your Kegel exercises listed in there?

Anyway, post #3 is a serious, excellent response, go do that.

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    Do you honestly expect serious replies when you have your Kegel exercises listed in there?

So I am dealing with children or something? Is that not a form of exercise? Should I laugh at every post that has yoga in it or something too?

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post

as for post 3. Yeah I got it that it might be too much core work and to do the off the gym part of it too. No real response past that?

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks like a solid lamaze routine.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by darkariel7 View Post
    No real response past that?
    You've gotten serious responses. This is not a routine that is at all worth considering.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    ^
    Fierce 5
    AllPro
    Viking's
    Candito Linear
    Stronglifts
    Starting Strength

All good programs. Core work is always good to do, but no need to overdo it. Turkish get ups are cool, good for active recovery and balancing the core.

Be sure to eat to build muscle. You need a caloric surplus with plenty of protein, and good sleep, 7+ hours each night.
    This^. All of those programs have built in progression, which is what drives growth. If you are not adding weight to the bar as a natural novice or intermediate lifter you're wasting time. You need to train hard if you want results. The average novice lifter ends Fierce 5 with around a 225 bench and 315 squat. Trust the expert designed routines.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    This^. All of those programs have built in progression, which is what drives growth. If you are not adding weight to the bar as a natural novice or intermediate lifter you're wasting time. You need to train hard if you want results. The average novice lifter ends Fierce 5 with around a 225 bench and 315 squat. Trust the expert designed routines.
    Thanks. The weight I wrote in is just my current lifting ability at that volume. I do plan to increase the weight as I am able to. I started with like a sad 40kg bench a month and a half or so ago. It's not that I dont trust those programs or the experts at all. It is just that my goal is not to increase my bench and squat or deadlift. The goal here is general fitness. Trying to build muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, good strength for my bodyweight, mobility.
    For example I tried the morning routine today. I found some problems. The weight for the push up row is too high to do the amount of reps I wanted. I can only do about 3-5 at best. I will probably have to drop the weight to 25lbs or so.
    The bodyweight squats are... way too easy. 20 feels like nothing. So I added 35lbs. 20 at 35lbs felt like a good burn.
    I meant the post to be a discussion of fitness ideas. "dont do it" "lol kegels" not exactly a conversation. Why are kegels funny? What EXACTLY is wrong with the routine? Why pick one thing over another?
    The one useful thing Ive gotten so far is that this might be too much core work. I would like an expansion on that if possible. Is it because the compound lifts also train the core? So the extra dedicated core work is too much? Is that why?

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So I am dealing with children or something? Is that not a form of exercise? Should I laugh at every post that has yoga in it or something too?
    If you're here to pick a fight I recommend heading over to the Misc section, there are always willing combatants there. If you want a good workout plan I recommend selecting a workout routine from post 3.

Good luck with your fitness goals in 2021

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks. The weight I wrote in is just my current lifting ability at that volume. I do plan to increase the weight as I am able to. I started with like a sad 40kg bench a month and a half or so ago. It's not that I dont trust those programs or the experts at all. It is just that my goal is not to increase my bench and squat or deadlift. The goal here is general fitness. Trying to build muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, good strength for my bodyweight, mobility.
    For example I tried the morning routine today. I found some problems. The weight for the push up row is too high to do the amount of reps I wanted. I can only do about 3-5 at best. I will probably have to drop the weight to 25lbs or so.
    The bodyweight squats are... way too easy. 20 feels like nothing. So I added 35lbs. 20 at 35lbs felt like a good burn.
    I meant the post to be a discussion of fitness ideas. "dont do it" "lol kegels" not exactly a conversation. Why are kegels funny? What EXACTLY is wrong with the routine? Why pick one thing over another?
    The one useful thing Ive gotten so far is that this might be too much core work. I would like an expansion on that if possible. Is it because the compound lifts also train the core? So the extra dedicated core work is too much? Is that why?
    I think its best to pick one goal at a time. For overall size you might be overlooking the fact that a stronger muscle is a bigger muscle. Your chest will look good with a high bench. Same logic for other lifts. Want to see someone with good arms? Look at someone who can pendlay row over 300 lbs.

Yes the compound lifts train the core very well. I never did well with a lot of core work. I added weighted crunches this summer to try and get the upper abs to pop a bit more but it didn't help much honestly. Some of your days look like cardio with weights. Which really isn't ideal. I do cardio either on off lifting days or after an upper body workout. Its also not possible to really overload some of the exercises you posted which makes them inferior.

This might help you with programming and balancing your routines.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...6216941&page=1

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Simply because people either directly or indirectly suggest that you do another routine doesn't make the feedback useless. No one owes you specific improvement comments on Animal Walk Freely or Kegels.

And to get back to your original Q, how is anyone supposed to estimate how much improvement you're going to see in your body in 2 months in general, without any info on diet, and esp with this type routine?

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Simply because people either directly or indirectly suggest that you do another routine doesn't make the feedback useless. No one owes you specific improvement comments on Animal Walk Freely or Kegels.

And to get back to your original Q, how is anyone supposed to estimate how much improvement you're going to see in your body in 2 months in general, without any info on diet, and esp with this type routine?
    Then why comment? I am not trying to be rude or "pick a fight" but the thing is if someone is asking a question or wants specific information why comment to add in useless things that they didnt ask for? It's useless feedback if you give no explanation for something. You don't "owe" anyone anything but isn't the whole point of an open forum to be able to bounce ideas and learn? If you dont have anything to contribute why feel the need to contribute? Kegels strengthen your pelvic floor and animal walks help with mobility. How are those bad things or useless? If you want to make fun of something be logical about it or you are in fact being useless.
    Too much core work. Good comment. Link to better balancing a program. Good comment. Need progressive overload. Good comment. All of these had a reason to them.

Then why comment? I am not trying to be rude or "pick a fight" but the thing is if someone is asking a question or wants specific information why comment to add in useless things that they didnt ask for? It's useless feedback if you give no explanation for something. You don't "owe" anyone anything but isn't the whole point of an open forum to be able to bounce ideas and learn? If you dont have anything to contribute why feel the need to contribute? Kegels strengthen your pelvic floor and animal walks help with mobility. How are those bad things or useless? If you want to make fun of something be logical about it or you are in fact being useless.
    Too much core work. Good comment. Link to better balancing a program. Good comment. Need progressive overload. Good comment. All of these had a reason to them.
    For the record, I only chimed in after you started throwing a hissy fit after several people suggested that you do a diff program.

If you ask for comments, you take them as they come but can ignore or listen as you see fit. There's no point in critiquing the comments that critique your routine, and getting mad if they don't match up with what you want to hear.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    For the record, I only chimed in after you started throwing a hissy fit after several people suggested that you do a diff program.

If you ask for comments, you take them as they come but can ignore or listen as you see fit. There's no point in critiquing the comments that critique your routine, and getting mad if they don't match up with what you want to hear.
    I mean it's your assumption I'm mad? I am not. I just call it like I see it. If someone makes fun of an exercise "for actors" or "for birth" seems pretty childish to me. Someone said that it was expected I merely pointed out it was a childish thing to do. If you think that's a hissy fit then you are free to your opinion. I simply answer to what people answer me as I would in any other conversation.

tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000) tommy4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The goal here is general fitness. Trying to build muscular endurance, cardiovascular endurance, good strength for my bodyweight, mobility
    Mobility, speed, strength, size and endurance. Sounds like you might enjoy following one of Jim Wendlers programs
    531 Workout Journal https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179104531&page=1

Originally Posted by tommy4life View Post
    Mobility, speed, strength, size and endurance. Sounds like you might enjoy following one of Jim Wendlers programs
    Thanks for the tip! I am reading up on 5/3/1 now to learn some more.

If someone makes fun of an exercise "for actors".
    My statement about actors was in reference to Jean Val Jean, the actor. He's pretty well built. He probably does hundreds if not thousands of Kegels a day.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    My statement about actors was in reference to Jean Val Jean, the actor. He's pretty well built. He probably does hundreds if not thousands of Kegels a day.
    Not gonna lie, you got me a bit lost xD Do you meant the porn star chef trainer that I had to google? Is the Kegel thing a reference to that somehow?

safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) safcpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Op just get yourself on a proper novice routine mate and then you can tweak it as you progress and understand your body more.

P.s. that's a great dog in your picture op, I've got a staffy as well, you couldn't get a better breed

Is the Kegel thing a reference to that somehow?
    It is by 100%.