KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What Diameter Log is Used in Competitions?

I assumed 12" for the longest time, but now I'm noticing that Slater Logs doesn't even have a 12" available for purchase, and a lot of other sites seem to push 10" logs quite a bit as well.

I want to get whatever size is most often used in pro or legitimate amateur competitions, just for the sake of doing it. I'm guessing it varies a bit between 10" to 12", but if anyone here knows which one is more common please lmk.

Edit: I'm an idiot and found the 12" "Pro" log Slater makes.
    Last edited by KathleenRyan; 01-07-2021 at 03:24 AM.
    drvillain PM's mods to do his bidding - CONFIRMED.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KathleenRyan View Post
    I assumed 12" for the longest time, but now I'm noticing that Slater Logs doesn't even have a 12" available for purchase, and a lot of other sites seem to push 10" logs quite a bit as well.

I want to get whatever size is most often used in pro or legitimate amateur competitions, just for the sake of doing it. I'm guessing it varies a bit between 10" to 12", but if anyone here knows which one is more common please lmk.

Edit: I'm an idiot and found the 12" "Pro" log Slater makes.
    10" is a happy medium. A 12" is harder to clean, an 8" is harder to press.