inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

50kg dumbbell chest press at 64kg bodyweight

50kg dumbbell chest press at 64kg bodyweight:
    https://youtu.be/iW_0CSAANp4

225kg deadlift at 66kg bodyweight:
    https://youtu.be/HNovGxV8sGI
    24 Week Physique Transformation:

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Forelight has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nice.

Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaketon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have already mentioned it to you before. Today's nonsense you will pay for when you are 40. Your ligaments and joints are not prepared for those weights. It's advice that I wish I had heeded.

inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jaketon View Post
    I have already mentioned it to you before. Today's nonsense you will pay for when you are 40. Your ligaments and joints are not prepared for those weights. It's advice that I wish I had heeded.
    Sorry to hear that you've been injured by attempting something during weight training dude!

I totally agree with your comment if the form is HORRIBLE.
    But right now I'm actually training quite regularly with doing multiple sets of 50kg (added some recent vids below)

https://youtu.be/Y_qlewGhHdY

https://youtu.be/X8S-aQFVUcQ

Don't push your limiting beliefs onto others as a fact just because it happened to you bro.
    Some of the strongest powerlifters will be just fine even at old age, and I'd argue that they'd be A LOT healthier than the regular sedentary person who sits on the couch eating chips until they're 40, 50, 70 "keeping their bones and ligaments all safe and healthy"

Whatever weight you're lifting, your body will simply get used to it with the proper training, effort and consistency.
    First time it's super hard and you might struggle but when you've done it many times it just becomes like brushing teeth.

I've had people comment stuff like yours when I was lifting 40kg dumbbells, which I have been training with for YEARS by now to the point that those almost feel like they're too light (most gyms here go until 40kg unfortunately).

When your body starts repping 15-20 reps of X weight during each training you should NOT forever stay in that comfort zone.
    I love to train for strength so it's just what I do, and progressive overload is part of that.

My chest, shoulders and bones surrounding it feel stronger than ever. And compared to when I was a scrawny little guy before I ever got into lifting the difference is literally night and day between how I feel physically. Just wanted to point that out but I appreciate your input.

And by the way, I don't suddenly jump from being able to lift 30kg directly onto 50kg. I also recommend baby stepping your way up and that's what I did. 30kg, then 32, then, 34, 36, 38, 40 for a long time, trying out 42, then 44, pushing myself at 46 till that becomes easy, occasionally test 48 - that worked? cool, train with lower weights again, then push for 50kg sometimes, switch back my trainings by doing mainly 40kg and sometimes 44kg, 46kg, and then now 50kg kinda feels like how 40kg felt back then.

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strong lifts. Well done.
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tobi_alder_strength_coach/

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfUnpHsz47yT0WkkThQOOZA?view_as=subscriber

My Online Strength Coach Website: tobistrength.com

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure at all where jaketon is coming from.

Is he implying you shouldn't lift heavy??

Nonsense for sure, and in the PL forum :P

As your response says, if you are using poor form you put yourself at risk and heavy weights will exacerbate that but I don't see that here.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post

As your response says, if you are using poor form you put yourself at risk and heavy weights will exacerbate that but I don't see that here.
    Lol yeah limiting beliefs everywhere.

I've seen videos of grandpas in their 80's or 90's who have (power)lifted throughout most of their life and still squatting/deadlifting/benching more than a lot of younger dudes even at that age.

It can be true for some people that their ligaments/joints are damaged through many injuries etc. at an older age but most are just fine if they lift responsibly.

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SpeakethTruth has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's very strong especially for your body weight. I assume that you've been training for years now. If you've been increasing the weight slowly over that time and holding back whenever there's been pain, then flat dumbbell pressing the 50s is shouldn't be hard on your joints if you're lifting with good form.

KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KathleenRyan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol, saw this on YT before finding the thread here.

That's ridiculous power to weight ratio.
    drvillain PM's mods to do his bidding - CONFIRMED.

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Holy bat man bro looks at your arm veins lol

Originally Posted by SpeakethTruth View Post
    That's very strong especially for your body weight. I assume that you've been training for years now. If you've been increasing the weight slowly over that time and holding back whenever there's been pain, then flat dumbbell pressing the 50s is shouldn't be hard on your joints if you're lifting with good form.
    Yeah at least a decade by now. Joined a gym in 2008 with few breaks here and there

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

North5evil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post

I also thought the technique on the deadlift was dangerous. The only reason this would matter is for the sake of not hurting your lower-back. If you feel safe doing it then so be it, but if my friend were doing it that way then I would strongly advice he not do it. I would tell him to lower the weight, fix his weak points, and to keep at least his lower back flat.

Also, the DB Press was technically fine, but I don't really see the benefit of pressing like that. With a barbell, training low reps and locking out the elbows is good, but I just think that dumbbells can't compete with the barbell in this area. However, dumbbells are superior to the barbell when it comes to bodybuilding and specifically pec development. So, dumbbell bench is better done with slower more controlled reps, higher volume per set, and without locking out the elbows. Coarse, that's just my opinion and opinions, along with what works for each individual, will vary