KevyKevs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cheat Meals, Refeed Days, or Both?

I am now starting my cutting phase after 6 months of bulking but I am not sure as whether to continue sunday cheat meals (I always eat the same amount of calories as any other day which is 2k) or start having refeed days instead every two or three weeks. Would it be bad to do both? How should I go about it?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Neither, none...

Unless you're planning on going ultra low BF (like single digits), then refeeds are completely unnecessary.

Also, if your calories are the same as any other day how is it a "cheat meal"?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Since you're just done with a 6 month bulk go straight into a deficit and cut down. Why worry about re-feeds and cheat meals?
    If you keep exact track of your macros and Calories just cut down and incorporate the foods that you enjoy instead of "binging" every now and then.

Once you get really low in body fat and you start to feel like crap (close to a burn out- type thing) then you could plan in a little re-feed if you think it'll help you become sane again so you can push through even harder after that.
    24 Week Physique Transformation:

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never cheat just change moderation for foods you enjoy. I never cheat. I eat ice cream or froyo every day, I just fit it into my calories. Like today the family went to a local restaurant in a small red neck town (health food/diet food doesn’t not exist, our Only gas station doesn’t even have diet soda) I got chili rellenos and just ate roughly what my calories would be prob a little less and let my husband eat the rest lol and the chickens got the rice and beans

I wouldn’t make it a habit to do this but it doesn’t hurt now and then just don’t go and be like I’ll have a big meal and not eat for two days or say ops cheat
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You want to look at your calories on a weekly basis. You don't need to consume the same amount of calories everyday as that is basically impossible. You add up 7 days worth and divide by 7 and this should be the daily target you're shooting for.

It is best however to not have big day to day differences if you can help it. Rather than "cheating" or "refeeding" just include the stuff you like in your normal day to day diet and keep the calories in check to hit your weekly target. This is extremely important because you're training yourself to fit everything in an overall lifestyle and not be on a "diet" as at some point it will fail. Doubtful you'll be in sub 10% BF as there is no real reason to be and it won't be sustainable in the long run anyway without compromising your lifestyle to a point where it just isn't worth it
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by inspirasn View Post
    Since you're just done with a 6 month bulk go straight into a deficit and cut down. Why worry about re-feeds and cheat meals?
    If you keep exact track of your macros and Calories just cut down and incorporate the foods that you enjoy instead of "binging" every now and then.

Once you get really low in body fat and you start to feel like crap (close to a burn out- type thing) then you could plan in a little re-feed if you think it'll help you become sane again so you can push through even harder after that.
    This exactly

Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100) Ksteevyla is not very well liked. (-100)
    I wish there's a cheat day everyday!

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ksteevyla View Post
    Why are you here?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    cheat days and refeeds (just a more science-y excuse for a cheat day) are a bad idea. Both instill unsustainable thought patterns. Fat loss should not be a 'race to the finish' diet and should not need a 'binge reflief' day where you can finally let loose.

If you ever want to lose fat and keep it lost your plan should involve a change of perspective. I personally often eat treats, food I enjoy and high calorie foods during cuts whilst still remaining in a deficit on those days. You just need to learn to eat them much more moderately and keep it within your calories while focusing on more filling foods. If you can't learn how to do this then you will never be able to master the mindset to lose significant fat and keep it off.

You sound like you need an attitude adjustment:

Originally Posted by Ksteevyla View Post
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day