FTF17 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post The start of my Journey

Hi, i'm D and i'm 17 yrs old.

Since I was younger I have always had a bad relationship with food, starting multiple diets and constantly relapsing to my old ways. At age 15 I started a diet again, determined to lose weight and build muscle. With going to the gym 6 days a week and eating 1500 calories daily, I managed to get from 120KG to about 110KG within a month or so. When summer came around, surely enough I relapsed.

I am now 17, 160KG and 6ft tall, more self-conscious and more unhealthy than ever. I've decided I can't get through life constantly avoiding this problem and have been "intermittent fasting" for the last 2 days. I plan on following a 20/4 fasting period and when UK gyms reopen on the 2nd December I plan to join.

The main reason I am posting this on here is so that I can be held accountable and so if I am ever about to go back on my plan then I can come back to this post I made and be reminded. I plan on keeping this thread updated and hopefully with what i'm doing the weight will start to drop.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FTF17 View Post
    Hi, i'm D and i'm 17 yrs old.

Since I was younger I have always had a bad relationship with food, starting multiple diets and constantly relapsing to my old ways. At age 15 I started a diet again, determined to lose weight and build muscle. With going to the gym 6 days a week and eating 1500 calories daily, I managed to get from 120KG to about 110KG within a month or so. When summer came around, surely enough I relapsed.

I am now 17, 160KG and 6ft tall, more self-conscious and more unhealthy than ever. I've decided I can't get through life constantly avoiding this problem and have been "intermittent fasting" for the last 2 days. I plan on following a 20/4 fasting period and when UK gyms reopen on the 2nd December I plan to join.

The main reason I am posting this on here is so that I can be held accountable and so if I am ever about to go back on my plan then I can come back to this post I made and be reminded. I plan on keeping this thread updated and hopefully with what i'm doing the weight will start to drop.
    I'm not sure IF is something I'd advise for someone who has such a long history with yo-yo dieting... I think there are more general lifestyle habits you need to assess.

But of course, if you LIKE it, then more power to you.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I'm not sure IF is something I'd advise for someone who has such a long history with yo-yo dieting... I think there are more general lifestyle habits you need to assess.

But of course, if you LIKE it, then more power to you.
    Hi, I've always been yo-yo dieting because a lot of the time I use it as comfort when stressed (i'm now an A-Level student). Always been into sports, playing rugby and football most of my life but I completely agree it is a lifestyle habit. For me it wasn't just eating until I wasn't hungry anymore, it was eating until I couldn't anymore. The last 2 days of fasting showed me I really don't need to constantly eat and i'm hoping to build off of that!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FTF17 View Post
    Hi, I've always been yo-yo dieting because a lot of the time I use it as comfort when stressed (i'm now an A-Level student). Always been into sports, playing rugby and football most of my life but I completely agree it is a lifestyle habit. For me it wasn't just eating until I wasn't hungry anymore, it was eating until I couldn't anymore. The last 2 days of fasting showed me I really don't need to constantly eat and i'm hoping to build off of that!
    Understood.

Just be aware that the fasting schedule is merely a tool for calorie control... and honestly at 17 I'm not sure it's the most advisable strategy..

Generally speaking it would be better to have a more balanced approach, because it is highly unlikely this is going to be something you do for the rest of your life.

And, if you can't sustain something long term, it usually isn't worth doing if stopping it just results in a relapse.

Finally, a 4 hour eating window is very extreme... most people approaching IF do a 16/8 approach. It's generally better for adherence and energy. Also don't feel rushed into these insanely low calorie levels.

1500 calories is very, very extreme for someone your size.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Understood.

Just be aware that the fasting schedule is merely a tool for calorie control... and honestly at 17 I'm not sure it's the most advisable strategy..

Generally speaking it would be better to have a more balanced approach, because it is highly unlikely this is going to be something you do for the rest of your life.

And, if you can't sustain something long term, it usually isn't worth doing if stopping it just results in a relapse.

Finally, a 4 hour eating window is very extreme... most people approaching IF do a 16/8 approach. It's generally better for adherence and energy. Also don't feel rushed into these insanely low calorie levels.

100% this OP

Understood.

Thanks very much for the advice, i'll be sure to use it.

pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pissbag is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Do 16/8, 20/4 is not sustainable.

I can vouch for IF. I lost 22kg in 4 months, however, I trained 6 days a week and ate ridiculously clean.

You can do it mate