training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Belly fat and loose skin

While dropping weight, how do you minimize loose skin. Any particular, diet, supplements or exercises?
    How can I drop belly fat, any exercises which can shape it. I know we can't spot train. As i lose overall. I can see differences in other body parts. To make sure as the fat drops off the stomach it is shaped correctly and reduce loose skin.

RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RandyMcFlab is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by training12 View Post
    While dropping weight, how do you minimize loose skin. Any particular, diet, supplements or exercises?
    How can I drop belly fat, any exercises which can shape it. I know we can't spot train. As i lose overall. I can see differences in other body parts. To make sure as the fat drops off the stomach it is shaped correctly and reduce loose skin.
    Take it slow to give your skin time to retract as much as possible , its best to just focus on losing fat in general - like you said it cant be spot reduced.

training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    Take it slow to give your skin time to retract as much as possible , its best to just focus on losing fat in general - like you said it cant be spot reduced.
    Are there any exercises I can do to to minimize. I workout and see muscle growth in parts. Not sure what to do for the stomach.

What is slow. Recently have dropped about 2lb a week. A lot of it could be water and must be some muscle too.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are there any exercises I can do to to minimize. I workout and see muscle growth in parts. Not sure what to do for the stomach.
    No, there is nothing you can do. Your genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off. Just follow a good strength training program with a focus on progressive overload.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    No, there is nothing you can do. Your genetics will determine how/where the fat comes off. Just follow a good strength training program with a focus on progressive overload.
    Weight is coming off the stomach, more elsewhere. Shape looks like before just reduced. Does that mean am losing a lot of muscle too.
    Anything I can do to avoid loose skin as much as possible.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight is coming off the stomach, more elsewhere. Shape looks like before just reduced. Does that mean am losing a lot of muscle too.
    Anything I can do to avoid loose skin as much as possible.
    I'll say this again, YOU CAN'T CHOSE HOW/WHERE THE WEIGHT COMES OFF. If you're eating in a small caloric deficit (losing about 1% of your bodyweight per week) and getting enough protein (at least 0.7g per lb of bodyweight) and following a proven strength training program then muscle loss will minimal.

And no, there is nothing you can do about loose skin.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Shape looks like before just reduced. Does that mean am losing a lot of muscle too.
    This is quite typical. It takes a long time and lots of time and hard work to truly transform your body. I don't know anything about you or your goals, but it sounds like you might have a bit unrealistic expectations here. Also another thing that is typical is that people usually underestimate the amount of fat they are carrying. So it might be that you need to lose more than you think. But this is purely speculation as you have not posted any info about yourself.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JSim83 View Post
    This is quite typical. It takes a long time and lots of time and hard work to truly transform your body. I don't know anything about you or your goals, but it sounds like you might have a bit unrealistic expectations here. Also another thing that is typical is that people usually underestimate the amount of fat they are carrying. So it might be that you need to lose more than you think. But this is purely speculation as you have not posted any info about yourself.
    ^ This. If you are worrying about loose skin then I guess you are quite overweight. People are often shocked how much fat there actually is to lose, even those who dont "look fat". If you could wave a wand and remove it all, you would look quite small underneath - this is why we have to spend so long building muscle to replace the lost mass - and that's what will ultimately improve your overall shape.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I'll say this again, YOU CAN'T CHOSE HOW/WHERE THE WEIGHT COMES OFF. If you're eating in a small caloric deficit (losing about 1% of your bodyweight per week) and getting enough protein (at least 0.7g per lb of bodyweight) and following a proven strength training program then muscle loss will minimal.

And no, there is nothing you can do about loose skin.
    I understand you can’t choose. When it does come off. Is there not any exercises or foods etc which have helped the skin to shape. I workout and my arms have muscle and may look like little loose skin. What workouts are there for the stomach

Goal is to lose about 15-20 pounds. To avoid loose skin.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    ^ This. If you are worrying about loose skin then I guess you are quite overweight. People are often shocked how much fat there actually is to lose, even those who dont "look fat". If you could wave a wand and remove it all, you would look quite small underneath - this is why we have to spend so long building muscle to replace the lost mass - and that's what will ultimately improve your overall shape.
    To replace the lost mass and lose fat. Can I eat below maintenance and increase protein. To gain muscle and burn fat

JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JSim83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Goal is to lose about 15-20 pounds. To avoid loose skin.
    Losing 15-20 lbs is not going to give you loose skin. So if that is all you need to loose, then there is zero reason to worry about loose skin. In general there is not much you can do about loose skin. So better not worry about it.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173521121

Losing 15-20 lbs is not going to give you loose skin. So if that is all you need to loose, then there is zero reason to worry about loose skin. In general there is not much you can do about loose skin. So better not worry about it.
    Thanks, I need to lose another 15-20 pounds. I have lost weight, but was on a plateau for a while and have strated to drop weight again after making some changes to my diet and training.

Thanks will look into both.

Do any supplements help. Calogen and other vitamins have been suggested.