Thread: Bulk/cut?

Damon628 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bulk/cut?

Gyms open here on Wednesday and I’d like to know what approach to take when returning

Stats:
    18yr old
    5ft 10
    173lbs
    8-10 months training experience

Got photos on my account any helps appreciated

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    maybe maintenance until you stop making gains, then bulk

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    maybe maintenance until you stop making gains, then bulk
    ^^^ This.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) inspirasn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Depends on your personal preference man.
    There would still be room to bulk since you're not chubby yet. But then again you aren't super lean either. I'd guesstimate that around 14/15% or 13% at the LOWEST.

You could take the more patient approach and steadily maintain (get leaner while simultaneously add muscle and strength slowly)

Or you could bulk but that depends with what kinda body fat percentage you are personally OK to live with. Some guys don't mind getting well over 20/25% during a bulk since they still look good with a tshirt and feel strong.

I'd recommend to stay under 16% at all times. Kinda within the 8%-16% range for optimal nutrient partitioning.

Option 3 is you could cut down until a desired body fat percentage that you'd love to maintain in the future (i.e. 10% with visible abs if that's your thing) and then start bulking again from there until you hit 16%, cut down etc. and so on.
    24 Week Physique Transformation:

youtu.be/yurJ6nikRhc

Originally Posted by inspirasn View Post
    There would still be room to bulk since you're not chubby yet. But then again you aren't super lean either. I'd guesstimate that around 14/15% or 13% at the LOWEST.

You could take the more patient approach and steadily maintain (get leaner while simultaneously add muscle and strength slowly)

Or you could bulk but that depends with what kinda body fat percentage you are personally OK to live with. Some guys don't mind getting well over 20/25% during a bulk since they still look good with a tshirt and feel strong.

I'd recommend to stay under 16% at all times. Kinda within the 8%-16% range for optimal nutrient partitioning.

Option 3 is you could cut down until a desired body fat percentage that you'd love to maintain in the future (i.e. 10% with visible abs if that's your thing) and then start bulking again from there until you hit 16%, cut down etc. and so on.
    Appreciate the response!

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by inspirasn View Post

This is good advice and a good overview of the options

However OP before you decide just note that you are already well over 20% bodyfat if those photos on your profile are recent. I would not recommend you go into a mass gain phase. Maintenance or small deficit
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day

Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    This is good advice and a good overview of the options

However OP before you decide just note that you are already well over 20% bodyfat if those photos on your profile are recent. I would not recommend you go into a mass gain phase. Maintenance or small deficit

Yeah I’ve decided to go into a small deficit until I get down to desired bodyfat level.