chrismanop is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Limited in what I can, possible imbalance worries?

Due to muscle tightness/strain in my pelvic floor, I’m not allowed to do squats, deadlifts or any core work (or anything involving tension in thr core). Haven’t been able to do this for the last 5 months.

I am however able to do basically everything else as long as its not extremely heavy or causing flare ups. Have been doing it for 2 months and noticing muscle memory working snd my mass coming back.

My PT suggests I continue working out for my sanity as this is a very difficult issue I’m dealing with.

My concern is that my upper back, arms, shoulders and chest will grow and progress while my lower back, legs as well as core will weaken and just lose muscle (which it has already, my core is almost nonexistent now). Will this be an issue when I’m back healthy? Will they catch up with the rest of my body so aesthetically and strength wise I’m not way off balance?

Anyone?

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You'll be fine. I skipped leg day for a long, long time and when I finally started investing time in it, it didn't take extremely long for it to start making progress and play catch up. When you are able to go 100% again and want to balance yourself out muscle wise, I'd just focus hard on the parts of the body you weren't able to do and take it easy on the the rest to try and even it out.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: The Viking's Bare Bones Program

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. ON's Whey Isolate. Fish Oil and EVL's Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    You'll be fine. I skipped leg day for a long, long time and when I finally started investing time in it, it didn't take extremely long for it to start making progress and play catch up. When you are able to go 100% again and want to balance yourself out muscle wise, I'd just focus hard on the parts of the body you weren't able to do and take it easy on the the rest to try and even it out.
    Is there any example you could give me for core and legs? Like those being the ones that need to catch up

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Once you're 100%? Squats/Romanian Deadlifts/Leg Press. Just put more effort into leg day then other muscle groups and since its been a while since you worked it, hopefully it should boost its growth as recomp. Core wise just youtube some basic core stuff. I just do the basics; crunches and leg raises. Most lifts like squats and stuff somewhat hit the core for stability.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: The Viking's Bare Bones Program

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. ON's Whey Isolate. Fish Oil and EVL's Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chrismanop View Post
    Is there any example you could give me for core and legs? Like those being the ones that need to catch up
    Muscles strength and size increases slow as they become better trained. You don't have to factor in "catching up" for undertrained muscles. It happens as a consequence of a good program.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100) Markype is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by chrismanop View Post
    Due to muscle tightness/strain in my pelvic floor, I’m not allowed to do squats, deadlifts or any core work (or anything involving tension in thr core). Haven’t been able to do this for the last 5 months.

I am however able to do basically everything else as long as its not extremely heavy or causing flare ups. Have been doing it for 2 months and noticing muscle memory working snd my mass coming back.

My PT suggests I continue working out for my sanity as this is a very difficult issue I’m dealing with.

My concern is that my upper back, arms, shoulders and chest will grow and progress while my lower back, legs as well as core will weaken and just lose muscle (which it has already, my core is almost nonexistent now). Will this be an issue when I’m back healthy? Will they catch up with the rest of my body so aesthetically and strength wise I’m not way off balance?
    Can you describe the strain ? where is it precisely ?