Lemonadechoco is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face Can someone help with body assessment comparisons?

Hey guys, i lost alot of weight unhealthily but recently I've been trying to do it the healthy way by going to the gym the previous month or so, but i actually ended up gaining about 1 kilo which is super discouraging.

I did a body assessment before starting the gym and one yesterday and i see some changes but i don't want to get my hopes up if I'm reading it wrong or there's something else to account to.

I'm not sure if i can post pictures of the assessment here but it says my body fat mass is 30 now when it used to be 33 and my skeletal muscle mass is 23.5 when it used to be 21.6. Is this good or is the machine just not accurate?
    (bearing in mind i overall gained weight :'(
    Thanks I'm honestly super lost
    (also I'm 23 if that helps idk why it says 50)
    Last edited by Lemonadechoco; 11-27-2020 at 02:34 AM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the machine you used is most likely not accurate. why would it be a bad thing anyway if you truly gained muscle mass and lost fat?

count your calories if you want to lose weight at a steady rate. weigh yourself regularly for short-term feedback (for example: your scale weight goes down --> you can be sure you're losing weight even if you don't see it physically yet)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't read too much into those body scans. It was most likely done with a BIA device which really should not be able to claim that they can measure those quantities with any kind of precision. All they are actually doing is measuring your hydration levels and guessing some numbers based on statistics.

It is normal to gain weight when you first start doing weigh training - there is inflammation and glycogen uptake going on in your muscles.

Perhaps start counting calories if you aren't doing that already - so you have a solid baseline from which to make adjustments. Then, after another 2 weeks or so if your weight doesn't start dropping you can make systematic reductions in your intake.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    the machine you used is most likely not accurate. why would it be a bad thing anyway if you truly gained muscle mass and lost fat?

count your calories if you want to lose weight at a steady rate. weigh yourself regularly for short-term feedback (for example: your scale weight goes down --> you can be sure you're losing weight even if you don't see it physically yet)
    Aww that sucks, it's not a bad thing i actually wanted to gain muscle and i was kinda excited thinking that i did that. I'll do that even though it won't budge

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't read too much into those body scans. It was most likely done with a BIA device which really should not be able to claim that they can measure those quantities with any kind of precision. All they are actually doing is measuring your hydration levels and guessing some numbers based on statistics.

It is normal to gain weight when you first start doing weigh training - there is inflammation and glycogen uptake going on in your muscles.

Perhaps start counting calories if you aren't doing that already - so you have a solid baseline from which to make adjustments. Then, after another 2 weeks or so if your weight doesn't start dropping you can make systematic reductions in your intake.
    Haha that's sad i thought i actually accomplished something. I guess I'll just eat less then

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Lemonadechoco View Post
    Haha that's sad i thought i actually accomplished something. I guess I'll just eat less then
    Maybe you did - it's just not showing up on the scales yet. Keep going, it's never wrong to do weight training and eat sensibly.

Just use longer term weight changes to measure fat loss (maybe measure your waist with a tapemeasure too). And use strength improvements (again over the longer term) to check your muscle gain.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A more simple way to track progress and not rely on iffy BF measurements is simply take pics from month to month and compare them.
    The same poses and lighting.
    Train hard in the gym for hypertrophy(muscle gains).
    You may also take a waist measurement month to month.
    With the right training and diet done consistently you will see results.
    You need to be discipline and dedicated to your goal.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Maybe you did - it's just not showing up on the scales yet. Keep going, it's never wrong to do weight training and eat sensibly.

Just use longer term weight changes to measure fat loss (maybe measure your waist with a tapemeasure too). And use strength improvements (again over the longer term) to check your muscle gain.
    Ok thanks for your time