Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Scale goes down almost regularly- should I be concerned about this cut?

3 weeks ago: https://imgur.com/a/HK9C4Vi

Me currently: https://imgur.com/a/JiGlzZ7

I was 168 lbs three weeks ago and I'm currently 161 lbs in the midst of this cut. My first week that I cut, I lost about 2 lbs quickly but that was definitely just water weight. The second week I lost only maybe 1 lb and I decided to cut calories a bit more (about 200 less) so I can be over with this cut sooner. However this week, I've noticed that almost every single day, I lose about half a lb. I calibrate the scale regularly and AFAIK, it's relatively accurate (tested a dumbbell several months ago and since then never dropped this or damaged the equipment).

I have yet to lose any strength on my main lifts- even got past a plateau on my bench yesterday. I find myself only having a bowel movement about 2-3 times a week now, yet for some reason the scale keeps going down. I am a 5'6 male in my early 20s and my energy levels haven't gone down, though I find myself sleeping longer.

Should I up my calories or is my weight loss just more water weight?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    The second week I lost only maybe 1 lb and I decided to cut calories a bit more (about 200 less) so I can be over with this cut sooner.
    Losing one pound of a week is plenty... I don't see why you dropped them more...
    The power of carbs compels me!

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Losing one pound of a week is plenty... I don't see why you dropped them more...
    Just wanna get this cut over sooner. Have yet to lose any strength for any lifts and I feel normal physically so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just wanna get this cut over sooner. Have yet to lose any strength for any lifts and I feel normal physically so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I guess it's up to you
    The power of carbs compels me!

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So you lost a pound in a week, decided this was too slow, lowered your calories and are now concerned it's too fast? It's up to you what you want to do OP

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    So you lost a pound in a week, decided this was too slow, lowered your calories and are now concerned it's too fast? It's up to you what you want to do OP
    yeah it definitely sound silly. Just wondering if the rate is too fast. Also I don't know if this is just water retention since I only cut down 200 extra calories, putting me at a 700 calorie deficit.

MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000) MIKES3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah it definitely sound silly. Just wondering if the rate is too fast. Also I don't know if this is just water retention since I only cut down 200 extra calories, putting me at a 700 calorie deficit.
    I think at a young age you're way over thinking it. I'm 5'9" at 170lbs. I cut to 165 lbs and I was way to skinny for my frame.

You only have a few inches less in height at about a 5lb difference. Why not start increasing the muscle mass?

Dont look at the scale daily. You drive yourself bat $hit crazy. Maybe once a week tops
    Chicago Crew

"ITS OK MIKE"

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not the right attitude. Take it easy and you can still gain strength and some muscle while cutting.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MIKES3 View Post
    I think at a young age you're way over thinking it. I'm 5'9" at 170lbs. I cut to 165 lbs and I was way to skinny for my frame.

You only have a few inches less in height at about a 5lb difference. Why not start increasing the muscle mass?

Dont look at the scale daily. You drive yourself bat $hit crazy. Maybe once a week tops
    Nobody is going to be lean and muscular at 5'9" and 165-170 unless they have 10+ years of strong training history amazing bodybuilding genetics, or they're not natty. 170 is where I would expect someone who is close to 6 feet tall to be if they are lean and muscular with average genetics.

OP is 5'6", and clearly well over 20% bodyfat, not exactly a candidate for bulking.

More data is better for determining weight trends, weighing yourself daily at the same time and using a rolling average is the best way to identify those trends.
    Last edited by xsquid99; 12-02-2020 at 03:36 PM.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.