Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)

Romanian Deadlift check

Trying to branch out from isolation moves and focus on compounds I was always too nervous to do for fear of having bad form and injury. I'm still learning but how is my form here? Any advice would be great.

https://youtu.be/2LmMIB6fPgQ
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: The Viking's Bare Bones Program

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. ON's Whey Isolate. Fish Oil and EVL's Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hard to see what's going on body wise in baggy clothes, but bar looks a bit far in front of body, like you're bending forward more than moving hips back. Also weight might be a bit light for you and you may be able to go lower, but go with how it feels for you.

Side note: Looked awkward how you unrack; for RDL you may just want to put bar on floor and DL it up.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Hard to see what's going on body wise in baggy clothes, but bar looks a bit far in front of body, like you're bending forward more than moving hips back. Also weight might be a bit light for you and you may be able to go lower, but go with how it feels for you.

Side note: Looked awkward how you unrack; for RDL you may just want to put bar on floor and DL it up.
    Yeah. I kind of keep feeling myself leaning too far forward and the bar comes out a bit from my knees. Im still learning the form correctly for Deadlifing altogether so yeah, maybe unracking straight from the floor is a better option. Haha. Thank you

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. ON's Whey Isolate. Fish Oil and EVL's Multi-Vitamin.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zschnack87 View Post
    Yeah. I kind of keep feeling myself leaning too far forward and the bar comes out a bit from my knees. Im still learning the form correctly for Deadlifing altogether so yeah, maybe unracking straight from the floor is a better option. Haha. Thank you
    Just meant to be careful with your back/body position even if just unracking, but yeah, you can just RDL outside the rack too.

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your video link didn't work for me. : /

Based on the discussion here you mentioned you're having trouble keeping the bar close to your body.

The mental queue a coach taught me a couple years ago is to practice pulling the bar (horizontally) into yourself using your lats. You can practice this without a bar by droping your hands to your sides and practicing pulling them backward without moving your elbows up. You should feel the contraction in your lats.

Uncertainty:

I'm currently using the RDL as an Olympic assist movement, so I'm typically dragging the bar up my quad. This is in part accomplished by slipping the knee forward as the bar passes the knee. I watched Jeff Nippards RDL tutorial though and he totally doesn't do this, so I'd be curious how BB/PLs think about quad contact during an RDL.

ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000) ezra76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did some of these yesterday in my back workout. So it's just basically a deadlift that stays above putting it down, no? My lower back was fine later but after 3 sets it was pumped and tight, hurt a bit. That's the weak spot in my deadlift though so hopefully working. Also, as with deadlifts, not really needing to do any additional trap work, these took care of it.

Originally Posted by ezra76 View Post
    Did some of these yesterday in my back workout. So it's just basically a deadlift that stays above putting it down, no? My lower back was fine later but after 3 sets it was pumped and tight, hurt a bit. That's the weak spot in my deadlift though so hopefully working. Also, as with deadlifts, not really needing to do any additional trap work, these took care of it.
    If done right, the RDL is actually suppose to emphasis on the hamstrings. From what I've been told and felt, you go down as low as you can while feeling the tightness in your hamstrings. The minute you start to bend more, you're supposed to return to starting position. I'm just going by what I've been reading and watching. Its starting to become one of my more favorite lifts. haha