JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio after weight training

Through quarantine I have noticed that I have put on a bit of fat. I can’t really see my abs anymore even though I have gotten bigger. I was thinking of doing a 30 minute run after every weight training session in hopes of this reducing my body fat. Will this help with that? Also will it reduce my muscle? As well as should I eat less to help with the reduction of body fat? Thank you

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Reducing your calorie intake will have the same effect. It's about net caloric surplus or deficit. Cardio is certainly no silver bullet that lets you "bulk" while "cutting" like some people seem to think.

JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JustinSmith52 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Reducing your calorie intake will have the same effect. It's about net caloric surplus or deficit. Cardio is certainly no silver bullet that lets you "bulk" while "cutting" like some people seem to think.
    Ok so even if I do cardio I should reduce my calories as well?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JustinSmith52 View Post
    Ok so even if I do cardio I should reduce my calories as well?
    Depends on what the cardio does to your net calorie balance. IMO it's easier to count a reduction in calories - measuring calories burned by cardio is much more inaccurate.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depending on how hard you go at it, your 30 minute run could burn off anywhere from 150-300 "extra" calories over what you would have burned just sitting on a couch for 30 minutes.

That's the equivalent of something like 1-3 pieces of fruit. (apples, pears bananas, etc.)

So basically, eating just a bit less each day would equal out to the extra cardio. That, or you can double up and run + eat less.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.