metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

For those of you who increase there bench while cutting, how did you achieve it?

I started cutting a couple weeks ago and when I was bulking, my bench press plateaued at around 150 lbs. I did a couple deloads and added in a few drop sets near the end of my workouts but nothing helped. Am I just SOL in progressing my bench press for as long as I'm cutting?

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by metallick View Post
    I started cutting a couple weeks ago and when I was bulking, my bench press plateaued at around 150 lbs. I did a couple deloads and added in a few drop sets near the end of my workouts but nothing helped. Am I just SOL in progressing my bench press for as long as I'm cutting?
    You can still do it but don't expect big gains or long term growth. What's your whole programming?

Frequency and technique are very important for bench.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50) metallick will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    You can still do it but don't expect big gains or long term growth. What's your whole programming?

Frequency and technique are very important for bench.
    Yeah I did some form checks and there was no issue with my bench, though for whatever reason I keep getting stuck at the bottom.

I ran Lyle McDonald's GBR but I moved on to a full body set up since my city's indoor gyms closed down and I live faraway from the outdoor locations.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by metallick View Post
    Yeah I did some form checks and there was no issue with my bench, though for whatever reason I keep getting stuck at the bottom.
    If you're sure you can't tighten up your form at all, try working some pause and/or pin BP into your routine to help you at the bottom.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Consistency technique work, lots of moderate to low rpe frequency on main lifts.
    Lots of off the chest assistance work, and higher rep pump work with the bar.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

This is gonna sound weird but I managed to overcome my plateau this morning despite cutting 2 lbs/week.

I did do a couple sets for bench during my leg days with the GBR but I guess I wasn't recovering properly with the higher frequency and my shoulders have had a nagging ache.