Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seqhael is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to combine lifting and crossfit?

Looking to optimise my workout for next year, currently is as follows (crossfit/push/pull/legs split)

Monday: Crossfit
    Tuesday: Push day
    Wednesday: Crossfit
    Thursday: Pull day
    Friday: Crossfit
    Saturday: Light leg session
    Sunday: Rest

I wish I could train legs more but my knees are both ****ed from tendonopathy, so it's more self physio than training legs. Don't really want to drop any crossfit sessions as I like the fitness and conditioning it has given me.

Am I getting enough gym workouts in per week with what I'm doing now? I do a lot of volume on the push/pull days, but is one day a week for push, and then pull, enough?

I feel like crossfit is more for the metcons /Olympic lifting technique and don't feel like it constitutes hypertrophy.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’d pick one or the other in my humble opinion

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I’d pick one or the other in my humble opinion
    This. And I'd maybe do something like below.

Day 1 Push
    Day 2 Pull
    Day 3 Legs
    Day 4 Rest
    Then repeat the four day process again.

Otherwise what I currently do because of my family life and work schedule is;
    Day 1 Upper Body
    Day 2 Lower Body
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 Rest
    Then repeat process gain.

Been following the Viking Bare Bones program and its been working great.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Seqhael View Post
    I feel like crossfit is more for the metcons /Olympic lifting technique and don't feel like it constitutes hypertrophy.
    Doing metcon and working on technique at the same time doesn't really work.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Unless you are very good at programming and know all of the Crossfit workouts at least a week in advance, it's not going to be a good idea. The most convenient way would be to have an additional training day on Saturday where you can give a little extra attention to any movement that was neglected during the week.