feorge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile body recomposition - Help

Hello everyone, i am pretty new here so i would like to introduce myself first. My name is George and i am 15 years old. Ive been lifting for about 8 months and ive managed to build an okay physique. Ive bulked for about 3-4 months and i am pretty happy with my current physique. I have gained some fat i would like to lose and maybe go down to 15%. Right now im at 18-19%, basically i was thinking about doing a body recomposition but i really dont know how to do it. I used to starve myself because i was fat just to lose the fat i had and lost most of the muscle i used to have so i am now slowly getting back to building my body. I really dont want that to happen again and i thought about asking some people here that might know. This will be the first ever time ill lose fat the right way. Here are some of my questions:

Should i do cardio and if so how many times per week?
    Do i consume 1.5 grams of protein per kg of body weight or lean mass?
    Is a 500 calorie deficit enough or too much?
    Should i expect a lot of muscle loss?

Thanks again even if you dont help me out, completely understandable. I have started calisthenics because gyms are closed and i just need to lose some weight if i want to progress.

Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Starving yourself is a very bad idea for anyone - but especially when you haven't reached your adult height yet. You wouldn't want to end up being shorter than you might have been.

You should be able to carry on the exercise you are doing but just eat 3 wholefood meals at regular times of the day - just enough so that you feel pleasantly full. Don't leave the table hungry but don't snack between meals. If you are carrying excess fat, it will probably go as a natural consequence of this. We do not encourage anyone underage to get obsessive about calories and macros because it's usually not even necessary. Focus on the training part.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    we don't really suggest intentional weight loss for teens unless they are obese, but hypothetically:

- cardio is optional
    - kg of body weight, goal weight if you're obese (you're not)
    - 500 deficit is fine
    - shouldn't expect too much muscle loss, but it's normal to lose some strength and size when cutting

^ just for future reference. right now you should follow what the poster above me said

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    we don't really suggest intentional weight loss for teens unless they are obese, but hypothetically:

- cardio is optional
    - kg of body weight, goal weight if you're obese (you're not)
    - 500 deficit is fine
    - shouldn't expect too much muscle loss, but it's normal to lose some strength and size when cutting

^ just for future reference. right now you should follow what the poster above me said
    I heard that if you dont do cardio while doing the body recomposition thing youll become skinny fat or something. Most likely wrong right?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Starving yourself is a very bad idea for anyone - but especially when you haven't reached your adult height yet. You wouldn't want to end up being shorter than you might have been.

You should be able to carry on the exercise you are doing but just eat 3 wholefood meals at regular times of the day - just enough so that you feel pleasantly full. Don't leave the table hungry but don't snack between meals. If you are carrying excess fat, it will probably go as a natural consequence of this. We do not encourage anyone underage to get obsessive about calories and macros because it's usually not even necessary. Focus on the training part.
    Dont worry about me! I used to do that but now im over it. Ive improved and STILL improving ! What if i spread my calories to 4 meals through out the day?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by feorge View Post
    I heard that if you dont do cardio while doing the body recomposition thing youll become skinny fat or something. Most likely wrong right?
    No, cardio is not needed to effect body composition but resistance training is.

Originally Posted by feorge View Post
    Dont worry about me! I used to do that but now im over it. Ive improved and STILL improving ! What if i spread my calories to 4 meals through out the day?
    You would probably lose fat more easily on 3 meals... Is there a particular reason you want 4 meals a day?

No, cardio is not needed to effect body composition but resistance training is.

You would probably lose fat more easily on 3 meals... Is there a particular reason you want 4 meals a day?
    Right now i eat about 5 meals. 6 MAX if i do not manage to get 3k calories in a day. I usually eat my breakfast which is egg whites french toast, they have a protein smoothie, Lunch which usually is rice with a salad if some kind of meat if ive prepaired any (not always though) and for dinner i have spaghetti and 1 tomato. I just feel like 3 meals wont be enough and too little but if you really think that i should eat 3 meals i could try it!

If you are trying to gain weight then more meals can make that easier. But if you think your BF% is getting too high then fewer meals makes it easier to eat less. Otherwise you constantly stimulate your appetite and end up eating more than might have wanted.

If you are trying to gain weight then more meals can make that easier. But if you think your BF% is getting too high then fewer meals makes it easier to eat less. Otherwise you constantly stimulate your appetite and end up eating more than might have wanted.
    Okay well ill start eating 3 full meals instead of 5 but every how many hours should i eat? Should i eat like breakfast,post workout and dinner?

It doesn't really matter. As long the meal times are kept regular. Timing in relation to the workout is not the crucial thing that some people make it out to be.

It doesn't really matter. As long the meal times are kept regular. Timing in relation to the workout is not the crucial thing that some people make it out to be.
    Oh okay thank you so much!