Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The new "Dune" movie....consensus here?

Mornin' fossils....

Anyone have an opinion on this one.

I think it is streaming on Netflix.
    TBH....even though it's been decades, I found the first one to be quite long, over-hyped & underwhelming bordering on dull.
    Maybe my memory of it is inaccurate.

Would you characterize it as an action movie that actually keeps one engaged & interested.

Just an excuse to say Merry Christmas to everyone.
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Wayne Evans View Post
    Mornin' fossils....

Anyone have an opinion on this one.

I think it is streaming on Netflix.
    TBH....even though it's been decades, I found the first one to be quite long, over-hyped & underwhelming bordering on dull.
    Maybe my memory of it is inaccurate.

Would you characterize it as an action movie that actually keeps one engaged & interested.

Just an excuse to say Merry Christmas to everyone.
    No Idea on the Movie Wayne

But wishing A big Merry Christmas to you and the Missus, hope all is well my friend.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watched it recently and had low expectations as I thought the older one was really strange. I did like it though. It's not really action packed or anything, but flows at a good "average" pace from scene to scene. Maybe now after getting into photography and such I look at some things differently than before so I liked the atmsosphere the filmmakers create at times, and how some scenes are shot.

For me it was a 3.5/5 if I had to rate it. Then it had 2 swedes in it, which is a plus. Stellan Skarsgård and Rebecca Ferguson.

Hope all is well, Wayne.

Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gabbar99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never read the books or saw the old movie, but I watched this one awhile back. It had a cool look and feel to it, but it seemed like it was just getting going and then it was over. Definitely felt like the first in a pair or series. But maybe I wasn't pay that close attention to it, I had it running while I was piddling with other stuff.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    But wishing A big Merry Christmas to you and the Missus, hope all is well my friend.
    Reveille weed hoppers!

Same to you, Steffo and gabbar.

Another day above the dirt for all of us so no whining from me.

Thanks for chiming in.
    Original music:

"One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Originally Posted by steffo99 View Post
    Watched it recently and had low expectations as I thought the older one was really strange. I did like it though. It's not really action packed or anything, but flows at a good "average" pace from scene to scene. Hope all is well, Wayne.
    Hey steffo....

Ha...cool....not familiar with Rebecca but Stellan is a fine actor.
    I much prefer gg/bg (good guy/bad guy) movies and, admittedly, not that easy to please in this context.

I didn't even finish the 1st incarnation, slow and just uninteresting to me.

Many thanks for checking in and hope all is well with the family orbit.
    Original music:

Originally Posted by Gabbar99 View Post
    I never read the books or saw the old movie, but I watched this one awhile back. It had a cool look and feel to it, but it seemed like it was just getting going and then it was over. Definitely felt like the first in a pair or series. But maybe I wasn't pay that close attention to it, I had it running while I was piddling with other stuff.
    Mornin' G....

I never read the books either.
    That creates a perception that it may be pretty slow for my liking.

Thanks much for stopping by and commenting.
    Original music:

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    It was pretty spectacular. They went out of their way to make it visually impressive. The story itself is rather opaque, but sticks to Frank Herbert's vision pretty well.

I don't really remember the '80's version, so can't compare. But I don't regret the time spent on the latest version. Special effects were top notch. Looking forward to Dune: Part Two in April.

Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    It was pretty spectacular. They went out of their way to make it visually impressive. The story itself is rather opaque, but sticks to Frank Herbert's vision pretty well.

I don't really remember the '80's version, so can't compare. But I don't regret the time spent on the latest version. Special effects were top notch. Looking forward to Dune: Part Two in April.
    Howdy Iron....

That's was my, however ignorant, perception of the story line and didn't know if my interest could be held throughout.
    I'll give it a chance based on your assessment.

Thanks for for coming back. (on spread)

Have a great New Year with the family and be safe.
    Original music: