Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1673
    Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Is Canada talking about the vaxx passport like so many other countries?
    Our Prime Minister has said he does not support a "Vaccination Passport" and it is quite literally the only thing he's ever said that didn't make me want to punch him in the face.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would never touch the AZ, sure it's just a few clots compared to the millions getting vaccinated. But I don't have good luck Gambling

An example, I bought a new truck F150, people warned me, I didn't listen to them or my gut. Within the 1st year all the paint fell off, was like it had cancer. within 4 years, I replaced the gas tank, fuel pump, starter, wiper motor, alternator, the thing may or may not go in the rain, you could shut it off and with the key in your pocket it would still be running, changed the complete wiring harness. Many other minor issues. I sold the fuking thing with just under 100,000 miles on it.

I vowed never again to go against my gut, and my gut tells me to stay away from AZ, I know you can't compare needles to vehicles, call me foolish, don't care, my gut says stay away from that fuker.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Do your part, don't be a #maskhole

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    SARS-COV-2 will not/cannot be contained or eradicated. What is going on right now, is known in epidemiology as the pathogen endemic equilibrium phase, (viral stasis) and is perfectly normal. Virulence weakening and dilution is what always happens when mutations and naturally acquired herd immunity is occurring throughout the populations. Invariably mutation causes infection rate increase ( seasonality still being the biggest factor) and lethality rate decrease, henceforth it becomes ubiquitous and permanent. Vaccination at this stage is essentially pointless.
    I half agree with you (which is not a popular view). It seems an entirely plausible scenario that the end state is where it more like how seasonal flu is now, and life can calm down again. I think it's entirely implausible we can somehow eradicate it like smallpox.

Where I completely disagree with you is around the value of vaccination (especially for the most vulnerable). Left to just run it's own natural course, it'll take huge numbers of unnecessary deaths before we get anywhere near some ubiquitous and weakened scenario. Vaccination helps us achieve population familiarity with the virus without huge numbers of deaths. And let's not forget to consider the people who don't die but have ruined health!
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Bodyweight 68.5kg (22/Apr/2021)

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    I would never touch the AZ, sure it's just a few clots compared to the millions getting vaccinated. But I don't have good luck Gambling

An example, I bought a new truck F150, people warned me, I didn't listen to them or my gut. Within the 1st year all the paint fell off, was like it had cancer. within 4 years, I replaced the gas tank, fuel pump, starter, wiper motor, alternator, the thing may or may not go in the rain, you could shut it off and with the key in your pocket it would still be running, changed the complete wiring harness. Many other minor issues. I sold the fuking thing with just under 100,000 miles on it.

I vowed never again to go against my gut, and my gut tells me to stay away from AZ, I know you can't compare needles to vehicles, call me foolish, don't care, my gut says stay away from that fuker.
    My gut agrees with your gut.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

-=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    The chance of your house burning down is small. If someone wanted you to spray your house with some experimental flame-retardant chemical that would prevent it from burning down, that sounds like a great idea right? But what if there was a small chance that chemical might cause your house to collapse either immediately or at some point in the future? What then? The chances of this are relatively small but unknown. The chances of your house burning down are statistically measurable but also small.

Also you might need to have this experimental chemical sprayed on your house every year. That is not known yet.

Well, you owe it to your neighbors to spray your house because if your house burns down it could set the neighbor's house on fire too, and so on. The whole neighborhood could burn down because of YOU and you not willing to take a chance on spraying your house with this experimental flame-retardant chemical.

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.

Now go do your duty and stand in line for your covid shot. You owe it to your neighbors.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Our Prime Minister has said he does not support a "Vaccination Passport" and it is quite literally the only thing he's ever said that didn't make me want to punch him in the face.
    Good.
    It seems that this is going to be a mixed bag depending on where in the world you want to travel. Cruise lines, airlines, certain countries....the list goes on.
    sums it up a thread will start off promising and then turn into name calling..
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    My gut agrees with your gut.
    2 guts better than 1

The chance of your house burning down is small. If someone wanted you to spray your house with some experimental flame-retardant chemical that would prevent it from burning down, that sounds like a great idea right? But what if there was a small chance that chemical might cause your house to collapse either immediately or at some point in the future? What then? The chances of this are relatively small but unknown. The chances of your house burning down are statistically measurable but also small.

Also you might need to have this experimental chemical sprayed on your house every year. That is not known yet.

Well, you owe it to your neighbors to spray your house because if your house burns down it could set the neighbor's house on fire too, and so on. The whole neighborhood could burn down because of YOU and you not willing to take a chance on spraying your house with this experimental flame-retardant chemical.

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.

Now go do your duty and stand in line for your covid shot. You owe it to your neighbors.
    Excellent analogy, The doing it for your neighbor bull**** won't work on my ass, I am all about helping others, just not at my expense or risk.

litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Would you do it?

I wouldn't.

But, if my neighbors were so concerned about my house burning down their house, wouldn't they get that chemical sprayed on their house, thereby protecting their house?
    You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    But, if my neighbors were so concerned about my house burning down their house, wouldn't they get that chemical sprayed on their house, thereby protecting their house?
    And there we have it. Let everyone make their own risk assessments do what suits them.

Perseverance, Inc.

RIP Gene Rychlak

litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) litljay has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    And there we have it. Let everyone make their own risk assessments do what suits them.
    Bingo!

And, this coming from somebody that has been vaccinated. Not because of fear of getting the virus, but because I want to be confident around my elderly mother and in laws (who have also been vaccinated).
    I'm also desperate to get back to normal.

I also fully support those that do not want to get vaccinated. More power to you.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by litljay View Post
    Yes but what if in addition to the chemical on the house there was some kind of lawn fertilizer that could prevent moles from causing damage, if your neighbour was willing to apply that if (and only if) you applied the chemical to your house, would you still be willing to do that knowing one of their relatives was sick?

(Sorry flex, the chemical house thing seems way too complicated for my feeble brain )

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Yes but what if in addition to the chemical on the house there was some kind of lawn fertilizer that could prevent moles from causing damage, if your neighbour was willing to apply that if (and only if) you applied the chemical to your house, would you still be willing to do that knowing one of their relatives was sick?

(Sorry flex, the chemical house thing seems way too complicated for my feeble brain )
    So, are we dealing with 2 different things now? Moles and Fire?

Why would my neighbor worry about the moles in my lawn. They can treat their house for fire and lawn for moles.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    The world is in turmoil, with the United States fractured as a result of a second civil war and a pandemic of the "St. Mary's Virus" ravaging Europe. The United Kingdom is ruled as a Nordic supremacist[8][9] and neo-fascist[10] police state by the Norsefire Party, helmed by all-powerful High Chancellor Adam Sutler. Political opponents, immigrants, Jews, Muslims, atheists, homosexuals, and other "undesirables" are imprisoned and executed.

On November 4, a vigilante in a Guy Fawkes mask, "V," rescues Evey Hammond, an employee of state-run British Television Network, from members of the "Fingermen" secret police. After the stroke of midnight, they watch his demolition of the Old Bailey, accompanied by fireworks and the "1812 Overture". Inspector Finch of Scotland Yard investigates V's activities. V hijacks a BTN broadcast to claim responsibility for the destruction, encouraging the people of Britain to rebel against their government and meet him on next year's Guy Fawkes Night outside the Houses of Parliament. The police attempt to capture V. Evey helps him escape but is knocked unconscious.

V takes Evey to his home, where she is told she must remain for one year. V kills Lewis Prothero, Norsefire's chief propagandist, and Anthony Lilliman, the Bishop of London. Evey offers to help but escapes to the home of her boss, talk show host Gordon Deitrich. In return for Evey trusting him, Gordon reveals subversive paintings, an antique Quran, and homoerotic photographs. V confronts Dr. Delia Surridge, who experimented on him and others at Larkhill concentration camp twenty years earlier; seeing her genuine remorse, he kills her painlessly.

After Gordon satirizes the government on his show, his home is raided, and Evey is captured. She is tortured for information about V, her only solace being a note written by Valerie Page, a prisoner tortured and killed for being a lesbian. Evey is to be executed unless she reveals V's location. When she says she would rather die, she is released, finding herself in V's home. V staged her imprisonment to free her from her fears. The note was indeed real, secretly passed from Valerie to V when he was imprisoned at Larkhill. Initially enraged, Evey realizes she has become stronger. She leaves him, promising to return before November 5.

Reading Surridge's journal, Finch learns V is the result of human experimentation and is targeting those who detained him. Finch searches for V's true identity, tracing him to a bioweapons program in Larkhill. Finch meets William Rookwood, who tells him about the program. Fourteen years earlier, Sutler, Secretary of Defence at the time, launched a secret project at Larkhill, which resulted in the creation of the St. Mary's virus. Creedy, the current leader of the Norsefire Party, suggested releasing the virus onto the UK. Targeting St. Mary's School, a tube station and a water treatment plant, the virus killed more than 100,000 people and was blamed on a terrorist organisation. Norsefire used the fear and chaos to elevate Sutler to the office of High Chancellor, win an overwhelming majority in Parliament, and profit off the cure for the virus. Although Finch later disbelieves the story after discovering Rookwood is V in disguise, his faith in the Norsefire government is shaken.

As November 5 nears, V distributes thousands of Guy Fawkes masks. Riots begin to break out as the United Kingdom slowly descends into anarchy. On the eve of November 5, Evey visits V, who shows her a train filled with ANFO explosives in the abandoned London Underground, set to destroy Parliament. He leaves it to Evey to decide whether to use it. V meets Creedy, with whom he made a deal to surrender in exchange for Sutler's execution. After Creedy executes Sutler, V kills Creedy and his men. Mortally wounded from the hail of gunfire during the battle, V staggers to the tunnel where Evey is waiting and finally admits he loves her before dying in her arms. Despite their earlier experiences, Evey has grown close to V and is visibly heartbroken by his death.

Finch finds Evey placing V's body aboard the train. Disillusioned by the Party's regime, Finch allows Evey to send the train. Thousands of citizens wearing Guy Fawkes masks march toward the Houses of Parliament. Without any orders, the military allows the crowd to pass. As Parliament is destroyed, Finch asks Evey for V's identity, to which she replies, "He was all of us."
    You wanna pass that bong my way Pal?
    Bro with mattbro95

RIP: Dirty South Crew

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    You wanna pass that bong my way Pal?
    V for Vendetta, it's crazy how many novels and movies from our past have actually come true in certain ways. Watch Enemy of the State or the Conspiracy Theory or a book like Orwells 1984, those all seemed crazy and crackpotish but that $hit has in many cases become fact.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LWW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    V for Vendetta, it's crazy how many novels and movies from our past have actually come true in certain ways. Watch Enemy of the State or the Conspiracy Theory or a book like Orwells 1984, those all seemed crazy and crackpotish but that $hit has in many cases become fact.
    Terminators are real now, just that the war against the machine hasn't started, yet.

One day this next sick generation will make a vax to create walking dead.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could take it a step further with The Matrix.

There are less and less people that can fix a furnace or replace a fuse or change an oil filter without whipping out their phone for a help video.

When skynet goes down, only the old guys with flip phones will be keeping us going, similar to what happens in 3rd word countries.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could take it a step further with The Matrix.

There are less and less people that can fix a furnace or replace a fuse or change an oil filter without whipping out their phone for a help video.

When skynet goes down, only the old guys with flip phones will be keeping us going, similar to what happens in 3rd word countries.
    Never seen any of the Matrix movies but I agree there are less people who know how to work with their hands. I get people at work who seriously do not know how to switch the rotation / direction with a ratchet. They gaze at the tool as if it's some form of Alien device.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Never seen any of the Matrix movies but I agree there are less people who know how to work with their hands. I get people at work who seriously do not know how to switch the rotation / direction with a ratchet. They gaze at the tool as if it's some form of Alien device.
    I almost got written up at one job for not knowing how to check the calibration on my torque wrench. It was for wheels and I used it exactly zero times, I tightened lugnuts back then just like I tighten them now, good fukin luck to the next guy trying to get these off.
    Last edited by Bando; 04-08-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Watch Demolition Man and look at how they want cops to act now. That's going that route too.

"We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence!"

I almost got written up at one job for not knowing how to check the calibration on my torque wrench. It was for wheels and I used it exactly zero times, I tightened lugnuts back then just just like I tighten them now, good fukin luck to the next guy trying to get these off.
    Couple extra Ugga Duggas.

I almost got written up at one job for not knowing how to check the calibration on my torque wrench. It was for wheels and I used it exactly zero times, I tightened lugnuts back then just just like I tighten them now, good fukin luck to the next guy trying to get these off.
    *Assuming* your story wasn't huge split rims.
    In past I've seen people tighten lug nuts on ordinary cars with air impact wrench then go round after and check with a torque wrench (none of them need tightening further), but not for years have I seen that silliness. For a big commercial split rims... Definitely. But for someone's car?? Why??? That impact wrench tightens to a roughly known torque that is damn tight.

I think anyone who insists on a calibrated torque wrench for cars spent more time studying theory than doing a real job. Sadly, you can't reason with people like that.

In past I've seen people tighten lug nuts on ordinary cars with air impact wrench then go round after and check with a torque wrench (none of them need tightening further), but not for years have I seen that silliness. For a big commercial split rims... Definitely. But for someone's car?? Why??? That impact wrench tightens to a roughly known torque that is damn tight.

I think anyone who insists on a calibrated torque wrench for cars spent more time studying theory than doing a real job. Sadly, you can't reason with people like that.
    This was a car plant. I also had to check the specific gravity of battery (acid) if it failed. Below 40 is passing if you ever wondered.
    Bro with mattbro95

Rep 9 for Stressmonkey

_zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) _zman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think movies like Enemy of the State came out of thin air. I think bits and pieces of a lot of movies like that are based on some events. As crazy as that movie is for 1998, it's alarming how accurate surveillance capabilities actually were.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    I don't think movies like Enemy of the State came out of thin air. I think bits and pieces of a lot of movies like that are based on some events. As crazy as that movie is for 1998, it's alarming how accurate surveillance capabilities actually were.
    That is one of my favorite movies and i recall 1 line from Gene which is true to this day.
    "Whatever you think, they are 10 years ahead in advanced technology"
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eomrat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Modern brake disks are easily warped by incorrectly tightening wheel lugs, causing vibration and leading to excessive pad and disk wear. This is also true of the wheel itself. Modern wheels (rims) are easily warped.. I always use a torque wrench and refuse to take my vehicles anywhere that they do not. Torque sticks that I have used are regularly off by 10 lbs, even the best ones are off by 5 lbs.

I still drive the 96 F150 I bought in 1996, when I am not driving the 85 F150 I bought in 1993.
    Last edited by eomrat; 04-08-2021 at 08:20 AM.
    People before Politics

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Watch Demolition Man and look at how they want cops to act now. That's going that route too.

"We're police officers! We're not trained to handle this kind of violence!"
    I'm just discovering this forum, and this is the first thread I've stumbled on. I couldn't agree more with this!!!! I never hear anyone talk about this sort of thing, but it's so true. Why did I have to come to bodybuilding forums to find people who see the world for what it is? lol

cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've gotten talked into getting the vaccine, but I'm not thrilled about it. At least going for the Johnson & Johnson instead of the mRNA versions. I do have a history of asthma, and I hate to admit it, but I have gotten a little freaked out about the idea of getting COVID.

Originally Posted by cwsmith35 View Post
    I'm just discovering this forum, and this is the first thread I've stumbled on. I couldn't agree more with this!!!! I never hear anyone talk about this sort of thing, but it's so true. Why did I have to come to bodybuilding forums to find people who see the world for what it is? lol
    Welcome aboard, stick around. It's a great place

Originally Posted by cwsmith35 View Post
    I've gotten talked into getting the vaccine, but I'm not thrilled about it. At least going for the Johnson & Johnson instead of the mRNA versions. I do have a history of asthma, and I hate to admit it, but I have gotten a little freaked out about the idea of getting COVID.
    Good luck with your shot and no need to hate to admit freaking out a bit about Covid, it's a scary deal and many feel that way.

I am huge fan of breathing, just saying....

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never seen any of the Matrix movies
    Dude what's wrong with you!!!

Watch the 1st one and skip the other 2. I wish I had some button in my brain that could reset it to right before I saw The Matrix the first time, just to relive the mind blowing I got from it. Not just from the story which is really good but the design, cinematography and effects were stuff that had never seen before. Of course it was copied so many times since then that if you see it now you think what's the big deal but trust me, it was a big deal.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721