Page 237 of 242 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,110 of 7255
    Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    Shocking article

what would make it less shocking would be to put it in context

stating percentages without stating overall numbers is intellectually dishonest
    There’s links to the CDC website if you really care that much.

I’m just glad to see there is still purebloods out there.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    There’s links to the CDC website if you really care that much.

I’m just glad to see there is still purebloods out there.
    Pretty simple math. Over 90% of recent COVID deaths in the US are in our over 65 population.
    93% of the US population over 65 has been fully vaccinated.
    US population over 65 is about 56 million people.

That gives us:
    52 million vaccinated seniors and 4 million "pureblood seniors"

58x die from our 52 million vaccinated seniors
    42x die from 4 million "pureblood seniors".

So according to that article's numbers, "Pureblood" seniors are 9.4 times more likely to die if they get COVID than vaccinated seniors are.

To be clear, I'm not saying that higher risk is purely because they didn't get vaccinated. It's possible they're just a group that makes really bad healthcare decisions and therefore die more easily when they get sick. Still, their deaths are being attributed to COVID, so the vaccines are clearly responsible for a large part of that nearly 90% reduction in mortality.

Can you explain why your response to an article like that was pleasure that "purebloods" are still out there?
    Could you define ______ for me, please?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Pretty simple math. Over 90% of recent COVID deaths in the US are in our over 65 population.

That gives us:

So according to that article's numbers, "Pureblood" seniors are 9.4 times more likely to die if they get COVID than vaccinated seniors are.

To be clear, I'm not saying that higher risk is purely because they didn't get vaccinated. It's possible they're just a group that makes really bad healthcare decisions and therefore die more easily when they get sick. Still, their deaths are being attributed to COVID, so the vaccines are clearly responsible for a large part of that nearly 90% reduction in mortality.

Can you explain why your response to an article like that was pleasure that "purebloods" are still out there?
    Thanks for the update with the most recent data/numbers on what Covid-19 did and to whom.
    Great information as always.
    "So according to that article's numbers, "Pureblood" seniors are 9.4 times more likely to die if they get COVID than vaccinated seniors are."
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

That gives us:

My parents are in their 70s and everyone in their circle is unvaxxed. As you stated, the difference is they're in good health, eat healthy etc.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by _zman View Post
    My parents are in their 70s and everyone in their circle is unvaxxed. As you stated, the difference is they're in good health, eat healthy etc.
    I'm glad they're doing well, and I kind of hope they've been exposed by now and have such great immune systems that they just didn't get sick. Thankfully the current strains seem to be less dangerous, so either way, I'll just hope they never have any serious problems because of COVID.

One thing I didn't point out though, is that while the numbers indicate there are 4 million "pureblood seniors" (makes me laugh every time I type it), in reality, it's likely a large portion of them acquired some immunity by now. It's the completely COVID naive group that we should worry about the most. Unfortunately, we don't know who they are, and since immunity in seniors wains faster than in younger people, I still think everyone who's never had a vaccine should at least get the new bivalent booster shot once they're comfortable it's safe.

BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlackHeart.au has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm glad they're doing well, and I kind of hope they've been exposed by now and have such great immune systems that they just didn't get sick. Thankfully the current strains seem to be less dangerous, so either way, I'll just hope they never have any serious problems because of COVID.

One thing I didn't point out though, is that while the numbers indicate there are 4 million "pureblood seniors" (makes me laugh every time I type it), in reality, it's likely a large portion of them acquired some immunity by now. It's the completely COVID naive group that we should worry about the most. Unfortunately, we don't know who they are, and since immunity in seniors wains faster than in younger people, I still think everyone who's never had a vaccine should at least get the new bivalent booster shot once they're comfortable it's safe.
    "I still think everyone who's never had a vaccine should at least get the new bivalent booster shot once they're comfortable it's safe"

If they've made it this far, I'd say back off the bivalent booster as the trials were done with a few mice.

Screw that. The Data is completely skewed & seeing so many excess deaths are indicating there's something not being accounted for with mRNA vaccines. J&J or Novavax sure? However it's a no for modenna etc.. unless you want heart issues.

GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My neighbor turns 102 this year, WWII vet. Still does everything himself and got his license renewed to 104. Still does his "Army exercises" every day. He ended up getting COVID and couldn't understand what the big deal was, in his words.

_zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _zman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Parents claimed they have had it 2x. Local doc gave them Ivermectin. I haven't done any research lately to know if it actually works.

My neighbor turns 102 this year, WWII vet. Still does everything himself and got his license renewed to 104. Still does his "Army exercises" every day. He ended up getting COVID and couldn't understand what the big deal was, in his words.
    That's awesome. There's gotta only be a few dozen of those heroes left.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Nice!

Pockets should buy him a drink.

Parents claimed they have had it 2x. Local doc gave them Ivermectin. I haven't done any research lately to know if it actually works.
    Ivermectin hasn't shown any in vivo efficacy, but so what.
    They're healthy and didn't have a bad outcome, so you know, G-d bless ... .

This is awesome... I like hearing about folks like this. On Veterans day I spent some time with some older Vets and really enjoyed their company. Stories for days lol

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    This is awesome... I like hearing about folks like this. On Veterans day I spent some time with some older Vets and really enjoyed their company. Stories for days lol

Cut the crap dikhead, you only like the guy because he’s a vet and that gives you a boner.

Anyone else that wonders what the big deal is after getting Covid you get on your fuking white horse and lector them.

Now get on your fuking float and buy the guy a drink, turkey.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post

Not even dark yet and you're piss drunk. Sad.

You're a recipe for disaster

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Cut the crap dikhead, you only like the guy because he’s a vet and that gives you a boner.
    I missed something.

When did you two start dating?

Originally Posted by justthedad View Post
    i missed something.

lmao....

You're a recipe for disaster

Why are you posting yourself drunk falling off the chair.

Was that you at the hotel bar? Guy is too tall to be me and not bulky enough.

We all you you got your azz kicked by the short fat stocky bald guy. It was worth going to jail over too.

Still short and stocky but not fat anymore. Your still a wannabe Knight with tacky armor.

Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jayarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That gives us:

This is great analysis, but the number of covid deaths is now so low, it's not even really worth tracking.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The 7 day moving average daily deaths in the US is currently under 200. And that is (as it always has been) people who have died with covid not from it. That distinction between "with" and "from" was nearly meaningless at the height of the pandemic when covid (or covid related complications like pneumonia) was also the cause of death in 99.9% of the cases, but since the omicron variant is more like a cold than a killer respiratory pandemic, the distinction is no longer insignificant, so the number of people who die from covid or covid related complications is likely even less than the 200 shown, as part of that 200 is now likely people who caught covid in the hospital who would not have died from it but rather died from whatever they went there for. This is no longer something that we really need to worry about from a macro perspective. If you're at-risk for dying from covid, I recommend keeping up to date with boosters. If not, then get it or don't, doesn't matter, you're not going to die from it either way.

I missed something.

Know one wants to smoke weed with Pockets anymore since he got that penis replica pipe.

He tried to take it to the waterhole on Veterans Day too, fuker put it in his pants listening to war stories........

Originally Posted by Jayarbie View Post
    This is great analysis, but the number of covid deaths is now so low, it's not even really worth tracking.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

The 7 day moving average daily deaths in the US is currently under 200. And that is (as it always has been) people who have died with covid not from it. That distinction between "with" and "from" was nearly meaningless at the height of the pandemic when covid (or covid related complications like pneumonia) was also the cause of death in 99.9% of the cases, but since the omicron variant is more like a cold than a killer respiratory pandemic, the distinction is no longer insignificant, so the number of people who die from covid or covid related complications is likely even less than the 200 shown, as part of that 200 is now likely people who caught covid in the hospital who would not have died from it but rather died from whatever they went there for. This is no longer something that we really need to worry about from a macro perspective. If you're at-risk for dying from covid, I recommend keeping up to date with boosters. If not, then get it or don't, doesn't matter, you're not going to die from it either way.
    I hadn't bothered looking at worldometer in 4 months. I see 247, which is under 250, not quite under 200. Still, I somewhat agree with you. COVID isn't a huge issue right now.

But it's 90 thousand people who might have gotten to spend one more birthday with their kids or grandchildren, right? And we know there are more people that wind up weak and unable to do what they want for long periods, or permanently, as sequalae.

Remember, we aren't trying to prevent people from getting sick just to stop them from dying ...

The so called drunk is checking in many hours later, still going strong. Did squats and floor presses this evening.

I know you goofs believe everything from the white knight in tacky armor.

That's awesome. There's gotta only be a few dozen of those heroes left.
    When we moved in 13 years ago, I was deployed to Iraq and my wife was talking to him about the military. She mentioned that I had been stationed on Okinawa, and he said he had been there too. When she asked if he had been at one of the bases there, he smiled and said “Honey, I’m the REASON those bases are there!”

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got both the seasonal flu, and the new covid "Booster" shot last night.
    Last edited by Cantplankwell; 12-08-2022 at 08:29 AM. Reason: clarification
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My biggest problem with the current Covid count now is lack of accuracy.
    I know several people who never reported their home test kit positives to anyone; so the number in my city looks much smaller than it is.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Got both the seasonal flu, and the covid shot last night.

I got the flu shot a while back, in October I think. Anyways, last week I think I got the flu, it felt just like the flu but with much milder symptoms, I had it for about 5 days or so.

Good luck with your shots.

Originally Posted by grouchyusmc View Post
    when we moved in 13 years ago, i was deployed to iraq and my wife was talking to him about the military. She mentioned that i had been stationed on okinawa, and he said he had been there too. When she asked if he had been at one of the bases there, he smiled and said “honey, i’m the reason those bases are there!”
    lol

KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KeepItMoving has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Envy is ignorance. Imitation is suicide.

-----R. W. Emerson

Originally Posted by KeepItMoving View Post
    great info thanks.

Page 237 of 242 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast