Page 227 of 227 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227
Results 6,781 to 6,786 of 6786
    JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JustTheDad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by redmelly View Post
    Anyone know the latest science on how long you have immunity after suffering through covid, unvaxxed?
    Immunity to which strain, and how protective? You should have pretty durable immunity to the strain you got and anything with a very similar spike protein. That said, "durable" only means durable for you. If we define it as how long you don't have to worry about feeling sick from moderate exposure to a certain strain after having it, it's years, maybe decades if you're a healthy 15 year old. It's a significantly shorter time if you're 80 y/o with lots of health issues. You're previous exposures to other viruses, sub-clinical infections with the various strains, and your genetic make up also play into it.

If you got one of the more virulent strains and recovered, you can worry less, for a while. That's about as specific as I can get, and the problem is, who knows what strain you had. I figure that if you're healthy and got vaccinated and a booster, you know you have antibodies with some efficacy against the more virulent strains. In that case you can basically not worry about much except travel issues from a positive test for at least a year or two.

That's what my wife and daughter are doing in Europe as I take care of the pups here in NC, they're not worrying about COVID. I recommend everyone do that!
    I'm sure they're eating a lot, sight seeing, and shopping too. I'm more worried about that last one than I am about COVID
    Could you define ______ for me, please?

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Immunity to which strain, and how protective? You should have pretty durable immunity to the strain you got and anything with a very similar spike protein. That said, "durable" only means durable for you. If we define it as how long you don't have to worry about feeling sick from moderate exposure to a certain strain after having it, it's years, maybe decades if you're a healthy 15 year old. It's a significantly shorter time if you're 80 y/o with lots of health issues. You're previous exposures to other viruses, sub-clinical infections with the various strains, and your genetic make up also play into it.

If you got one of the more virulent strains and recovered, you can worry less, for a while. That's about as specific as I can get, and the problem is, who knows what strain you had. I figure that if you're healthy and got vaccinated and a booster, you know you have antibodies with some efficacy against the more virulent strains. In that case you can basically not worry about much except travel issues from a positive test for at least a year or two.

That's what my wife and daughter are doing in Europe as I take care of the pups here in NC, they're not worrying about COVID. I recommend everyone do that!
    I'm sure they're eating a lot, sight seeing, and shopping too. I'm more worried about that last one than I am about COVID
    shopping in Europe, uh ohhhh, lol
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by redmelly View Post
    Anyone know the latest science on how long you have immunity after suffering through covid, unvaxxed?
    Likely a long time to that specific variant. The problem with many viruses (including other coronaviruses that circulate among humans) is that they change enough to evade existing immunity. The numbers of viral progeny and transcription errors nearly ensure genetic diversity and by matter of chance some of those errors will benefit the viruses ability to exploit a niche.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am vacationing in Europe this summer, Switzerland, France, Italy.

The tourism bureau in Switzerland mentioned that I have to show proof of vaccination to enter the country if arriving on an international flight outside the "Schengen Zone" at the Geneva airport, but they were very vague over what that document was or its form or whether it is a boarding requirement at our airport (Pearson-YYZ-Toronto) or when I get off the plane. All I have is the app I keep on my phone that shows the vaccinations.

Each country has their own requirements, anyone have first hand experience with this?

Before returning to Canada I have to register at least 72 hours in advance of our flight out of Geneva with "ArriveCan" to fill out a questionnaire over where I have been etc, if not they dont let you board the plane or your they put you in quarantine upon arrival in Canada, not sure which. I guess I have to prove I did not go to North Korea from Switzerland.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    I am vacationing in Europe this summer, Switzerland, France, Italy.

The tourism bureau in Switzerland mentioned that I have to show proof of vaccination to enter the country if arriving on an international flight outside the "Schengen Zone" at the Geneva airport, but they were very vague over what that document was or its form or whether it is a boarding requirement at our airport (Pearson-YYZ-Toronto) or when I get off the plane. All I have is the app I keep on my phone that shows the vaccinations.

Each country has their own requirements, anyone have first hand experience with this?

Before returning to Canada I have to register at least 72 hours in advance of our flight out of Geneva with "ArriveCan" to fill out a questionnaire over where I have been etc, if not they dont let you board the plane or your they put you in quarantine upon arrival in Canada, not sure which. I guess I have to prove I did not go to North Korea from Switzerland.
    My friend left Prague today and just landed in Naples, Italy, i will ask her what they did at the airport and report back
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) redmelly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    My friend left Prague today and just landed in Naples, Italy, i will ask her what they did at the airport and report back
    Please do. Thx.