Page 4 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BiomedDood View Post
    I'm a front line worker in a hospital (service and deploy respiratory therapy machines). Have seen way than enough people on life support and vents and die and people being carted in a body bag in my hospital. Somehow, it didn't **** my mind seeing this **** almost weekly for the last 4-5 months. Have gotten used to putting on bunny suits for 10 hr shifts and sanitizing myself before I leave the hospital and then change when I get home. It's a new life ..thank god, I haven't gotten it to this day and neither have passed it to my family at home.

****ing pisses me off when I see people out there with no face mask and taking Covid as a joke. It's a joke till u end up on the ventilator and RT machines and then no one can help u and u lie there alone starring at 4 white walls and hoping your body can fight back. I've seen people like this daily during my shift.

So yes, when the vaccine is out (and u haven't gotten Covid yet), please get it.
    Pisses you off? What pisses me off is numbnuts like you telling the strong to get vaccines.

I’m strong as bull and don’t need your BS.

You tell those weak fukers to get strong ******* and tell them to stop smoking and vaping go to your bitch boy Biden!

Don’t ever blame strong people bitch.

Chit getting real you *******s.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Pisses you off? What pisses me off is numbnuts like you telling the strong to get vaccines.

You tell those weak fukers to get strong ******* and tell them to stop smoking and vaping go to your bitch boy Biden!

Relax man, chill. Here take 2 of these, you will be on a whole new level.

CDC to encourage 'Vaccinated for COVID-19' buttons

If there are "I Voted" stickers, why not "Vaccinated for COVID-19" buttons?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is planning to offer health care providers a template they can use to print buttons or stickers that would advertise a person's vaccination status. The idea is that the button would be handed out to patients after they receive their vaccination shots.

The effort is part of a "toolkit" that the CDC plans to provide healthcare systems to "educate and promote vaccination," a CDC spokesperson told ABC News.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000) BiomedDood is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are u for real? I never bought Politics into the thread so why are you? This is the reason why USA is in this ****hole cos Covid has become an political affair with nayslayers.

I work in this field and here's a FACT.

SAR virus does not care about how much you squat or bench cos it's a foreign object for the body. When u get exposed, it's up to your immune system as to whether it will reject it or the virus will start metabolizing.

Are you one of those people living in mid West and think face masks violates your civil rights?

I've seen lean people in their 30s on RT machines (got better later but that's not the point). Lifting 300 lbs weights does not enhance your immune system. Your "bull" strength is totally irrelevant to Covid-19 and this is a fact.

July15th, 2013 ==>155 lbs
    Current => 175lbs

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Don't care about your weird politics.
    I'm a nice guy usually, but I admit I might have trouble holding back a guffaw or two if you get the 'rona.
    You really don't understand how this whole reality thing works do you?
    I'm new around here so I took my time, but yeah... you can't play any other role than the buffoon.
    Sorry bro.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

We may be wearing masks for a while

Here’s Why Vaccinated People Still Need to Wear a Mask

The new vaccines will probably prevent you from getting sick with Covid. No one knows yet whether they will keep you from spreading the virus to others — but that information is coming.

The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness. But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19. That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus — especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks.

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk.

“A lot of people are thinking that once they get vaccinated, they’re not going to have to wear masks anymore,” said Michal Tal, an immunologist at Stanford University. “It’s really going to be critical for them to know if they have to keep wearing masks, because they could still be contagious.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/h...cine-mask.html

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PhDPepper1111 View Post
    Don't care about your weird politics.
    I'm a nice guy usually, but I admit I might have trouble holding back a guffaw or two if you get the 'rona.
    You really don't understand how this whole reality thing works do you?
    I'm new around here so I took my time, but yeah... you can't play any other role than the buffoon.
    Sorry bro.
    Everyone I know has Covid, the folks who lift and lift consistently got little or zero symptoms. The ones who don’t even though they starve to stay m lean but party got colds and complained of aches.

The folks who lifted heavy, it was no big deal, aches?? So what? The loss of taste was the oddity.....,..,

Tell that to the poster above as well.

Everyone I know has Covid, the folks who lift and lift consistently got little or zero symptoms. The ones who don’t even though they starve to stay m lean but party got colds and complained of aches.

The folks who lifted heavy, it was no big deal, aches?? So what? The loss of taste was the oddity.....,..,

Tell that to the poster above as well.

Sup Stumpy?

You can tell me yourself, of course you know I am more concerned with the spreading if the Virus rather than how it will affect me. Anything else is selfish imo.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Sup Stumpy?

You can tell me yourself, of course you know I am more concerned with the spreading if the Virus rather than how it will affect me. Anything else is selfish imo.
    Not you, the poster above the PhD guy, name bio something who says being strong does not strength immunity.

Not you, the poster above the PhD guy, name bio something who says being strong does not strength immunity.
    Gotcha....

Go get em.........

Gotcha....

Go get em.........
    But it’s not selfish to open a gym during this pandemic to allow and show people how to take personal responsibility of thier health. Imo closing the gym is selfish and acts of panic are imo selfish.

But it’s not selfish to open a gym during this pandemic to allow and show people how to take personal responsibility of thier health. Imo closing the gym is selfish and acts of panic are imo selfish.

Wear your mask then, be a part of the solution instead of the problem. It's not going to get any better until the spread slows..

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BiomedDood View Post
    Are u for real? I never bought Politics into the thread so why are you? This is the reason why USA is in this ****hole cos Covid has become an political affair with nayslayers.

I work in this field and here's a FACT.

SAR virus does not care about how much you squat or bench cos it's a foreign object for the body. When u get exposed, it's up to your immune system as to whether it will reject it or the virus will start metabolizing.

Are you one of those people living in mid West and think face masks violates your civil rights?

I've seen lean people in their 30s on RT machines (got better later but that's not the point). Lifting 300 lbs weights does not enhance your immune system. Your "bull" strength is totally irrelevant to Covid-19 and this is a fact.
    https://health.usnews.com/wellness/f...-with-exercise

Wear your mask then, be a part of the solution instead of the problem. It's not going to get any better until the spread slows..
    I do wear a face cover even though I don’t agree with it. I typically don’t cover my nose, so I no longer let it slid down anymore.

I don’t and never will wear one outside though, or during a set in a gym.

I won’t get a vaccine.

I do wear a face cover even though I don’t agree with it. I typically don’t cover my nose, so I no longer let it slid down anymore.

I don’t and never will wear one outside though, or during a set in a gym.

I won’t get a vaccine.

Cover the snot locker. It's important.

What if you need proof of vaccination to get in the gym?

Cover the snot locker. It's important.

What if you need proof of vaccination to get in the gym?

Nope, I’m not covering the nose.

I don’t go to one of those gyms that would enforce such a thing. That’s s special gym and before I went there I trained at home.

UK regulators say people with a history of serious allergic reactions shouldn’t get Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0c4_story.html

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    UK regulators say people with a history of serious allergic reactions shouldn’t get Pfizer’s COVID-19 shot

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0c4_story.html

Here in the UK the public vaccination program began yesterday, first to be vaccinated was a 90 year old woman.

My old weightlifting coach died on Monday, his son told me he was still lifting until he caught the virus, he was 81. On a more worrying note, a guy I used to coach when he was a junior lifter, caught covid in May, he went on to develop serous pulmonary issues and then a DVT in one of his legs, apparently this is not uncommon in covid patients.

His long term prognosis is not good, medics predict that he will never be able to lift competitively again, he's 32 and has competed at a high level, 7 months after developing covid he struggles to walk to the end of the street.

PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhDPepper1111 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Here in the UK the public vaccination program began yesterday, first to be vaccinated was a 90 year old woman.

My old weightlifting coach died on Monday, his son told me he was still lifting until he caught the virus, he was 81. On a more worrying note, a guy I used to coach when he was a junior lifter, caught covid in May, he went on to develop serous pulmonary issues and then a DVT in one of his legs, apparently this is not uncommon in covid patients.

His long term prognosis is not good, medics predict that he will never be able to lift competitively again, he's 32 and has competed at a high level, 7 months after developing covid he struggles to walk to the end of the street.
    Sorry to hear Richard.
    As above, those with serious previous reactions should not have the vaccination, but hopefully 1) the vaccination works and 2) enough people get it to seriously reduce the spread throughout the population.

I had my first inpatient on my unit test positive last night (psych ward) - really challenging! Have to keep it from spreading to the other patients. Had quite a few staff over the past months, but no patients until now.
    It's never too late!

5'6", 215

Results:
    2/26/22 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 501/325/540/1366 @ 209lb
    11/7/21 IPL drug tested world championships: 463/319/529/1311 @ 205lb
    6/20/21 USPA Western drug tested regionals: DQ (bombed squats) @ 192lb
    2/27/21 USPA PNW drug tested championships: 468/308/501/1278 @ 202lb
    10/10/2020 USPA FS meet: 407/303/474/1185 @ 212lb

Gym PRs:
    529/336/555

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to hear Richard.
    As above, those with serious previous reactions should not have the vaccination, but hopefully 1) the vaccination works and 2) enough people get it to seriously reduce the spread throughout the population.

I had my first inpatient on my unit test positive last night (psych ward) - really challenging! Have to keep it from spreading to the other patients. Had quite a few staff over the past months, but no patients until now.

I hope the vaccine is a success. Inevitably as with most vaccines there's the potential risk that the vaccine may cause an allergic reaction, of the initial people receiving the vaccine 2 medical workers experienced an allergic reaction, both had a history of anaphylactic problems, thankfully the symptoms were mild and both have now fully recovered.

It's tough on health care workers, in my area 10% of medical staff are currently on sick leave and covid is a real problem amongst staff and patients in the hospital environment.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Funnily enough.. although the queen, to the best of my knowledge has never done anything of that nature, her sister Princess Margaret *did* get caught up in several photo/film incidents. If you watch the excellent film (staring Jason Statham) "The Bank Job", there's a pretty direct reference to one of these as key part of the plot, although even to this day a lot of detail can't be published

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Richard. Sorry to hear about your coach.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Richard. Sorry to hear about your coach.
    Thank's, Jim was responsible for getting me into weightlifting back in the mid 70's. He'd been selected to represent Wales in the 1970 Commonwealth games, but a few weeks before the games in Edinburgh he damaged his ankle ligaments in training and never competed again.

He turned his attention to coaching and had a good track record of bringing through young lifters. Jim was still coaching up until a few years ago.

Some people have been having a bad reaction around the area of the injection.. Looks like permanent damage and they may be scarred for life.

(WARNING VERY GRAPHIC)

Spoiler!

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This was copied from a blog post from Professor Scott Galloway:

While it is true that these vaccines have been developed in record time, they are hardly untested. The Pfizer vaccine, the first to be approved by the FDA, was tested on 18,198 people; the Moderna vaccine was tested on 15,200 people. Around half of the recipients reported fatigue or chills, and one in seven reported a 24-hour fever. No serious side effects were identified in any recipient, and recipients who felt ill nonetheless said they were glad to have gotten the vaccine. Vaccines are one of humanity’s greatest accomplishments, and they are incredibly safe. Fun fact: you are far more likely to be killed by a dog than by a vaccine. Thanks to vaccines, diseases like measles and smallpox, which once killed hundreds of thousands of Americans per year, are rare or unheard of today.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Zjunky View Post
    Personally, I'm low priority. But as soon as it's my turn, absolutely.

While I am relatively healthy, why push the issue when a vaccine is available? [b]On top of that, my mom is pushing 80 and a cancer survivor and my sister has an immune disorder which makes her especially vulnerable. The last thing I want to do is to be a carrier and give it to one or both of them.[b]
    YOU taking the vaccine does NOTHING to protect your mom or sister. Look it up.

If you take the Covid vaccine:
    - you still have to wear a mask
    - you still have to socially distance
    - you still have to avoid travel
    - you have to top up 1-2 times per year
    - and you may still be able to spread the virus asymptomatically

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    d 2) enough people get it to seriously reduce the spread throughout the population.
    Wrong thought process. The vaccine does NOT stop you from getting the virus, but negates the effects ON YOU, and ONLY YOU. You can still 'have' Covid and SPREAD it.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Wrong thought process. The vaccine does NOT stop you from getting the virus, but negates the effects ON YOU, and ONLY YOU. You can still 'have' Covid and SPREAD it.

The way vaccines "get rid" of diseases is by reducing their growth factor.

Just as an example, if a person on average spreads a virus to 2 other people, you can model its spread with 2n. If 100 people start off infected that looks like 100->200->400->800->1600->3200->6400... with each infection cycle.

If everyone has a vaccine that's say 75% effective then the same virus as above will spread to 0.5 people on average, which would give you 0.5n so 100->50->25->13->6->3->2->1->0. Even though 25% of people are vulnerable, that's not enough to sustain the virus.

The effectiveness of most vaccines really relies on the vast majority of people you interact with being vaccinated.

ETA: Definitely don’t agree with government forced vaccinations however if enough businesses, schools, etc. require it then the end result is that it becomes effectively mandatory for most people who want to participate in society.

ETA2: After reading your post again (sorry, it’s been a bit of a whiskey night) you are right in that the trials did not look at transmission. And if the vaccine does not prevent you from contracting the virus ( the difference between infection and disease), it stands to reason that if you were to get the virus, you could still be infectious and can spread it. So yes, vaccinated individuals would need to continue to wear masks and social distance to avoid further spread to populations with whom the vaccine has not yet reached or is not effective for until enough people get vaccinated or we confirm that it stops transmission.
    Last edited by 7Seconds; 12-18-2020 at 06:50 PM.
    To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free