stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50) stephaniegalea will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Knee pain. Cossack or goblet squat caused it?

Hi,

Last Saturday I did a combination of Cossack squat and elevated heel goblet squats. Later on during the day felt pain/soreness in the area around the knee. I am not sure which of the two caused this. However I know I usually have issues with sumo squats so was thinking perhaps the cossack squat is the one that caused this. Any advice?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're the only person that can answer that question. Neither exercise is inherently injurious. Test each individually. Remove one exercise for a few workouts then replace with the other for a few.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Putting too much weight on your toes/forefoot adds stress to the tendons above and below the patella. Try to keep your weight evenly on all balls of the food, or as they say "on your mid-foot". Practice a few times with lighter weight to ensure its not shifting at the bottom of the range of motion.

Drink some tumeric in your tea to reduce reduce the inflammation in the meantime.

I would ask someone better at deadlift than me if knee pain on sumo DL is a sign you're using too much quads and not enough hip drive.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like too much pressure on the knees. I’d stop elevating the heels if you can squat without it to see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by BeginnerGainz; 11-24-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes,elevating the heel usually put more pressure on the quads and the knees tend to go forward when you do so the knees take more resistance.
    Much like on oly lifter with heeled shoes.
    Squatting with a flat foot shifts the leverage over the hips,glutes and hamstrings more and the legs usually go down in a 90 degree angle taking more stress off the knees and putting more of it on these other areas.
    Impossible to say with your issue.
    As mentioned note yourself how you feel during and after with what your doing.
    Dont do two movements,maybe switch up every session to find out how you feel.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    99% Bad workload management...
    Too much acute:chronic fatigue on that area.

Aka "overuse"

Assuming they dont hurt DURING the lifts! You can likely do both just fine.. But a lower weight and/or less volume... Then over time maybe titrate workload upwards.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000) Markype is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by stephaniegalea View Post
    Hi,

Last Saturday I did a combination of Cossack squat and elevated heel goblet squats. Later on during the day felt pain/soreness in the area around the knee. I am not sure which of the two caused this. However I know I usually have issues with sumo squats so was thinking perhaps the cossack squat is the one that caused this. Any advice?
    I had the same knee pain when doing full depth squat. Its just my opinion but you should stop the cossack squat. Then doing your globlet squat with less heel elevation.
    Then try to get more quads muscle flexibility with frequents streches.