Christoffee93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pre-cooked frozen chicken...

Hi guys, I've been trying to figure out a way to easily consume/pre prep chicken without leaving it in the fridge for 3 days then having to meal prep again half way through the week. If I was took cook all my chicken then place it in the freezer would it be safe to defrost in the fridge the night before then place on my sandwiches without reheating it again? Feedback would be appreciated as I'm tired of chewing down on dry leathery chicken that's been heated twice πŸ˜† thanks in advance.

emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50) emilbobbycooper will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Christoffee93 View Post
    Hi guys, I've been trying to figure out a way to easily consume/pre prep chicken without leaving it in the fridge for 3 days then having to meal prep again half way through the week. If I was took cook all my chicken then place it in the freezer would it be safe to defrost in the fridge the night before then place on my sandwiches without reheating it again? Feedback would be appreciated as I'm tired of chewing down on dry leathery chicken that's been heated twice ν ½νΈ† thanks in advance.
    That works tpoo, but for me it it still a lot easier if it is not pre cooked to avoid possible contamination and salmonella.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Read the title of your post and thought you were buying pre cooked chicken, which I thought is a waste of money. I was going to suggest you do what I do on occasion. Chicken leg quarters are 49 cents a pound every now and then for a 10 pound bag. I buy the bag, thaw it, marinate it, then cook all 10 pounds at once. For me I use a pellet smoker. I've got enough meals for about 3 days. I don't bother freezing it, just put it in the fridge wrapped in foil. But that seems like it's what you are already doing. You can keep the chicken in the fridge for 2 days with no problem. I like living on the edge, and keep it for 3 days.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    My old roommate used to do this, just cook a bunch at once and toss it into a plastic container, then into the freezer. It is a feasible option but I would not want to do that. Id rather cook every other day and make enough for you to make tomorrow and just throw it in the refrigerator. It will taste way better than week old freezer chicken and you save time by not having to cook every day.
    Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson 2024

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rexfrommex View Post
    My old roommate used to do this, just cook a bunch at once and toss it into a plastic container, then into the freezer. It is a feasible option but I would not want to do that. Id rather cook every other day and make enough for you to make tomorrow and just throw it in the refrigerator. It will taste way better than week old freezer chicken and you save time by not having to cook every day.
    This. I enjoy cooking and have enough time on my hands to cook every meal fresh if I wanted to. I typically only cook enough for 1 meal, sometimes 2.

hely26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think this is the best way to eat chicken.
    Not surprisingly, this chicken is tasteless.
    I do this: I buy enough fresh chicken fillets for 3 days. I marinate it, cut it into pieces, and put it in the refrigerator. And then every time I want to eat, I take a couple of pieces of chicken from the refrigerator, throw it to fry in a pan without oil. It cooks very quickly, 5-7 minutes is enough. And every time I have freshly cooked chicken for my meal.
    Chicken in 3 days does not spoil in the refrigerator if it is salted.
    When it runs out, I just go buy the right amount again for 3 days.