amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) amit4life5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Having a RC Tear and Tennis elbow at the same time....

Yo

5 weeks ago I started having pain in my left shoulder which got worse with time. For straight 2 weeks I had a massive inflammation until it cooled down. Did an MRI and I understand I have a RC tear, still dont know how bad but I've got a tear for sure. It all happened because I lifted concrete weights at home like 2x time of what I do for shoulder press. I am an Idiot I know. At first I thought it's just an "impgiment" but I now know it's much more and the impgiment is the result of the tear.

Thing is this, In the 3 weeks since inflammation ended, I have seen an improvment in the ROM, but I still cant really bring my arm across the body, lift it at certain angles, or stretch it at certain angles. Not to speak about walking like a normal human being or lying on the shoulder, lifting things....

In those 3 weeks I am doing RC exercises which contirubted to the increased ROM. Thing is, it's kinda ****s up my elbow eveytime I do them not matter whether is isometeric, eccentric, or intenral/ external.

Having currently shrap pain in the elbow when I lift my arm to the side, using the arm or rotating it, and my elbow basically clicks like crazy, I can't even curl my arm withought having a grinding feel in the elbow.

I dont know what to do and pretty ****ing desperate. In order to improve my RC (still dont know the severity of the tear) I got to do RC, but if do them my elbow hurts and basically now already in a **** conidtion.

Should I take NSAIDS again? Should I stop doing RC exercises?

TBH, even in my strong arm, the right, when I do RC exercises I get a feeling in the elbow.

I keep my back staight, shoulder blades in and down, so I dont really know what's the ****ing cause of it.

btw, if anyone here know's how to read an MRI, tell me.....

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I got my shoulder surgery, I spoke with with my general practitioner who agreed I needed an MRI. Got the MRI and even the tech that did the scan saw I had a tear. The surgeon should be the one that checks your MRI. If that's what happened with you and the surgeon says you have a tear, only way to fix it is surgery. You don't rehab a tear. I don't understand how you got an MRI, told you have a tear and they have you doing rehab exercises.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skier! is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Casca View Post
    When I got my shoulder surgery, I spoke with with my general practitioner who agreed I needed an MRI. Got the MRI and even the tech that did the scan saw I had a tear. The surgeon should be the one that checks your MRI. If that's what happened with you and the surgeon says you have a tear, only way to fix it is surgery. You don't rehab a tear. I don't understand how you got an MRI, told you have a tear and they have you doing rehab exercises.
    You can rehab a tear, if the shoulder is stable but the tear will not heal. It really depends on your expectations meaning if you can lift the weights you want/need, are not in pain, maybe not dominant arm you can rehab it.

Full thickness tears do not heal, I have a HAGl injury and 2/4 full thickness tears in RC but I can support my body weight, do pushups etc so I can probably avoid surgery but it took about 5 months of healing and PT.

Every situation is different, most people will need the surgery but not all tears require surgery it depends on a multiple of things.

Go to a good surgeon don't take advice here.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skier! View Post
    You can rehab a tear, .....

Go to a good surgeon don't take advice here.
    I agree, professionals trained for this is what people should seek. Lot's of people don't have that option sadly. I guess OP does, so yah go see a surgeon.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆