faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb Just learned that I can squat normally

Over the two years I've been squatting, I've always had a plank under my heels due to squat flexibility/balance issues. Bodyweight squats are only possible if my arms are in front of me, but I always fall back if I try to imitate the back squat hand placement. This has caused me to think that it's the same, if not worse, when squatting with a bar on my back.

However, I'm switching gyms next week and they don't have a plank (although they have some other squat aid), I decided to say "f**k it" and try squatting without a plank under my heels. Got the bar on my back and went down - lo and behold - I didn't fall back and it felt normal! Put some weight on the bar and tried again, no issues!

TLDR: Can't imitate a back squat without falling back, but have zero issues with an actual bar on my back

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a logical explanation for this? I feel dumb for not realizing this earlier, but it could also be that my flexibility has improved slightly on the way...

ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ezra76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ya I have same issue starting back. I have trouble with balance no weight or very low weight. Once I have some weight on the bar I'm good. Still having issues getting low enough to bounce and explode up. I can do it with front squats but not back squats yet. Also have a double meniscus tear so might just stick with wrapped knees and parallel.

Edit- I have a feeling it's not really a flexibility issue. It's that having weight causes me to bend slight forward as I reach parallel, like I should be doing. Also looking at a spot, for me it's a manufacturer name tag on the back bottom of my rack, seems to help for me.
    Last edited by ezra76; 11-21-2020 at 03:23 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gravity, pushing you into place.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I squat close to 600.
    My centre of gravity for bw squats is very different to my back squat with weight.

The bar changes things. Don't let anyone tell you it should be the same. We are all built differently.

Same with bar over mid foot. No.
    Centre of gravity over mid foot, where the bar goes rarely matters. Same principle as putting your arms out to bw squat.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    I squat close to 600.
    My centre of gravity for bw squats is very different to my back squat with weight.

The bar changes things. Don't let anyone tell you it should be the same. We are all built differently.

Same with bar over mid foot. No.
    Centre of gravity over mid foot, where the bar goes rarely matters. Same principle as putting your arms out to bw squat.
    Once again, this guy is on it. BW squats and squat holds are done differently than loaded squats.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah it really sucks until you learn to balance like the mighty T Rex.

The arms in front [on bw] silently activates the muscles around the top of the spine giving you a lot more leverage and balance.
    Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 11-22-2020 at 08:59 AM.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Yeah it really sucks until you learn to balance like the mighty T Rex.

The arms in front silently activates the muscles around the top of the spine giving you a lot more leverage and balance.
    And balanced your thot thiccc ass n hammies that stick out the back πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    And balanced your thot thiccc ass n hammies that stick out the back ν ½νΈ‚ν ½ν±Œ
    Sounds about right.