WillyLee43 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice for an intermediate lifter?

I feel like so much fitness advice online is centered toward overweight or skinny people. I’m an intermediate lifter, here is my stats

https://symmetricstrength.com/lifter/Squid

I’ve been eating at a caloric maintenance/deficit, trying to lean out. I’ve been deployed and unable to weigh all of my food like I used to, so I’m just eyeballing macros. I like the strength I’ve built, but the heavy squats/deadlifts have began to take a toll on my knees. I’ve been doing a 5x5 compound lift then hypertrophy accessory work and logging all of my lifts in a journal.

My program
    Day 1 back
    Day 2 shoulders
    Day 3 legs
    Day 4 chest
    Day 5 rest
    Then repeat at day 1

Anyway I’m loving the strength gains, but the toll on my knees/hip is making me want to reconsider my program, atleast for my leg excercises. My legs are smaller than ideal.

I’ve been trying to get a six pack literally for years and failing. I’m decently lean, but it’s just not there. I’m considering giving up on that pursuit. My goal right now is to build more size without getting fat, I’ve been hovering at around 150-157lb for about a year and a half now. All advice is welcome, even just pointing me in the direction of a YouTuber who doesn’t cater solely to beginners. Thanks!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey dude, so your "program" isn't a program at all, but a high level schedule and more of a "bro split" at that. A program will include specific exercises, sets, reps, a progression plan, a stall/plateau plan, and a de-load plan, etc.

I would suggest that you look into an actual proven program like Fierce 5 intermediate UL or the LULPP. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1266761131

You may need to take a couple steps back to take 5 steps forward in this case, so you don't want to start your weights off at too high of a level, otherwise you'll find within just a few weeks you'll stall out. Do not try to alter the program or add more sets just because you think you can do more, its written this way for a specific reason.

If you want to check out some decent YouTubers I consider guys like Jeff Nippard or Sean Nalewanyj some of the more "real" fitness guys who have great no-nonsense content.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This “program” isn’t balanced. You have 2 push days and 1 pull day. If you have two push days you need to have 2 pull days. Usually you want to keep your pulling and pushing muscles pretty evenly worked.

BlueSL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WillyLee43 View Post
    I feel like so much fitness advice online is centered toward overweight or skinny people. I’m an intermediate lifter, here is my stats

https://symmetricstrength.com/lifter/Squid

I’ve been eating at a caloric maintenance/deficit, trying to lean out. I’ve been deployed and unable to weigh all of my food like I used to, so I’m just eyeballing macros. I like the strength I’ve built, but the heavy squats/deadlifts have began to take a toll on my knees. I’ve been doing a 5x5 compound lift then hypertrophy accessory work and logging all of my lifts in a journal.

My program
    Day 1 back
    Day 2 shoulders
    Day 3 legs
    Day 4 chest
    Day 5 rest
    Then repeat at day 1

Anyway I’m loving the strength gains, but the toll on my knees/hip is making me want to reconsider my program, atleast for my leg excercises. My legs are smaller than ideal.

I’ve been trying to get a six pack literally for years and failing. I’m decently lean, but it’s just not there. I’m considering giving up on that pursuit. My goal right now is to build more size without getting fat, I’ve been hovering at around 150-157lb for about a year and a half now. All advice is welcome, even just pointing me in the direction of a YouTuber who doesn’t cater solely to beginners. Thanks!
    Try changing it up. You don't need to squat too heavy. Do full body or push/pull days. You can still get bigger by eating more but healthy without lifting extremely heavy.