Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Powertec Levergym- Can't fit lock into the bottom slot

I wonder why I can't fit the lock into the very bottom slot? Is that normal? Any advice? Is it okay to lift with no lock? I do that if I want the lever bar to go as low as possible. The only thing I'm worried about though is that it could damage the weight rack?

Let me know your thoughts. Also, for deadlifts, do you go without a lock to get a better extension? I tried but, again, am worried about damaging the rack.

Also, is it better to do calf raises with or without a block or a step? And does Powertec sell a calf accessory?

Thanks. I'm actually liking the Powertec. I like using the Spud Straps too. Glad I chose this over the Bowflex home gym.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have an older version, I think yours allows for unilateral movement in the arms and has more adjustability in setting the bar height than mine. I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to lock the very bottom slot. A picture might be better. As far as a calf block they're used to increase your range of motion and get a stretch at the bottom. PowerTec doesn't make one to my knowledge. Several places do, like BodySolid and IronMaster. For years I just used a 4x4 with a couple of 2x4s attached to the sides to form an "H". I put some anti slip abrasive sticker on the top of the 4x4 and it worked fine. Much cheaper than a metal calf block.
    Regarding deadlifts, I've never tried them on my PT leverage gym. I don't think the arcing movement of the bar would be conducive to the movement of a free weight deadlift which is pretty much straight up and down. I would almost think that at heavy deadlift weights having the weight starting more out in front of you would compromise your back as you're standing up mimicking a deadlift, but I've never tried it, so I'm just speculating.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Einhander12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I have an older version, I think yours allows for unilateral movement in the arms and has more adjustability in setting the bar height than mine. I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to lock the very bottom slot. A picture might be better. As far as a calf block they're used to increase your range of motion and get a stretch at the bottom. PowerTec doesn't make one to my knowledge. Several places do, like BodySolid and IronMaster. For years I just used a 4x4 with a couple of 2x4s attached to the sides to form an "H". I put some anti slip abrasive sticker on the top of the 4x4 and it worked fine. Much cheaper than a metal calf block.
    Regarding deadlifts, I've never tried them on my PT leverage gym. I don't think the arcing movement of the bar would be conducive to the movement of a free weight deadlift which is pretty much straight up and down. I would almost think that at heavy deadlift weights having the weight starting more out in front of you would compromise your back as you're standing up mimicking a deadlift, but I've never tried it, so I'm just speculating.

Hers is the image.
    Attached Images

bump

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It looks like the bottom one was not lined up right when it was manufactured.
    Sometimes this stuff happens with products made in China.
    Im not knocking your equipment itself as i have a power tech pull up/dip station that i like.
    But i have had other brands where i had to drill a hole to line up bolting it together.
    I don't think i would use the bottom with the bar only half way in it.