Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Costco Inspire FTX Functional trainer mini-review

Alright got my inspire Ftx assembled. First thumbs up for costco. Ordered Saturday and delivered Today. I picked my date at time of order and I really didn’t think it would show up since it sat at order received until Tuesday night when I received an automated call telling me it was being delivered tomorrow. Early this morning around 7 the drivers called to give me a window of 115 to 315. They showed up at 230 and hand trucked it into my garage. Easy as that.

Packing was great absolutely no damage at all. It actually took longer to unpack it and take it downstairs then it did to assemble. Assembly time was maybe 40 minutes and I did it by myself.

As for the machine itself it’s fantastic it’s just as smooth as any other inspire machine. it is limited to 165 lbs per side and cannot be upgraded as the weight selector rod is not long enough to accommodate anymore plates. (I have emailed inspire to inquire about buying the selector rod for the ft1 and the cables for the ft1). However the 165 per side is plenty as long as you’re not planning to do lat pulldowns and low rows with it. As I was unpacking it I was a little worried about the height as the sides looked short. I love tricep push downs using a rope and I thought it was going to be too short. It’s not, works fine and I get full extension. I’m 6’1 for reference any taller might be different.

The included bench is pretty worthless. It’s nice looking and folds but it doesn’t appear to lay flat. The seat is angled slightly at all times and it’s maybe 12 inches tall. I’ll probably try and sell it.

Anyways for $1299 with free shipping it’s a freaking steal.

https://i.imgur.com/qL6ayFl.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/UIGhZVF.jpg
    Last edited by Mxchino; 11-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.

thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) thedickus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That looks nice for the price! Can you do cable crossovers in it? Not sure if it's too narrow to effectively do those, especially at your height. I had toyed with the idea of getting the PowerTec functional trainer pre-covid. I've seen videos of Lee Priest doing crossovers on it, but he's like 5'2" or so. For not much more money than the PowerTec which was plate loaded, I'd much rather have something with a weight stack.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mxchino has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    That looks nice for the price! Can you do cable crossovers in it? Not sure if it's too narrow to effectively do those, especially at your height. I had toyed with the idea of getting the PowerTec functional trainer pre-covid. I've seen videos of Lee Priest doing crossovers on it, but he's like 5'2" or so. For not much more money than the PowerTec which was plate loaded, I'd much rather have something with a weight stack.
    I don’t have any issues doing crossovers, I just have to step out a bit to do them. I actually had bought a bodycraft hft before this one which I was unhappy with it was $1000 more than this and I would say not as nice. It had 200 lb stacks but hollow guide rods. The inspire has solid steel guide rods. The bodycraft was all bolted together, this inspire is welded on both sides and just the back cross members and pull up bar are bolted.

Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Duplicitous is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the review. I had presumed it would be similar in quality to the FT1/FT2, but good to get confirmation. For the price, you really can't beat it if buying new.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I must say I'm a bit jealous. I ordered the FT1 >2 months ago and mine still hasn't arrived as the weight plates are on back order. For half the price if that works really well I probably could have just gone with the FTx. Congrats!
    My website: healthierwithscience.com

Originally Posted by DTweb View Post
    It looks fantastic. Arte the attachments included?
    Thanks! Yes all attachments are included.

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    I must say I'm a bit jealous. I ordered the FT1 >2 months ago and mine still hasn't arrived as the weight plates are on back order. For half the price if that works really well I probably could have just gone with the FTx. Congrats!
    I was going to get an ft1 too but they kept telling me that the plates were back ordered yet Costco has been selling hundreds of the ftx. So I bit the bullet and went with the it. I’m glad I did. I’ll take the lesser weight and save $1000 any day of the week.

grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) grumpytude is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looks nice- big costco fan. always treated right by them.
    I was looking at this a while back. But ended up with a cable crossover.

C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000) C123C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Been considering this. Appreciate the review and post. I've demo'd an FT1 a while back.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Very nice. I had considered going that route but ultimately opted for the FT1 with upgraded stacks. Which was supposed to arrive mid October but still has not . . .

How high is the thing? I had asked several resources, including Inspire, and everyone came back with a different answer.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    looks nice- big costco fan. always treated right by them.
    I was looking at this a while back. But ended up with a cable crossover.
    Which one did you gEt? I had one but sold it during the rona selloff because it took up so much room.

dantimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just received the Inspire FTX from Costco about two weeks ago, too. We winter in the south and needed to build out a small garage gym, and after looking in vain for some time, found this. Given the prices resellers are asking right now, I was amazed at the $1300 price point. We own an Inspire FT1 at our primary residence, so I can say with some level of confidence that the quality of the FTX is every bit as good as the FT1.

We mainly use the FT's for accessory work, so the lack of expandable weight stacks wasn't an issue for us. Didn't get them on the FT1, either, though they were available. The cables are every bit as smooth, and the FTX feels just as stable when I do pull-ups on it, too. (Note that I don't do kipping pull-ups and weigh about 180lb, so YMMV). The FT1 weighs quite a bit more - something like 150lb, so for a bigger guy, the FT1 might be better for pull-ups. The FT1 comes with more attachments, but honestly I haven't used all of them yet.

I have advanced Osteo arthritis in my shoulders so don't do cable crossovers. The footprint of this unit is a little smaller than the FT1, which was a huge positive for us since we are kind of shoehorning in the FT, a squat rack and a few bumpers into our garage, but that might make crossovers a bit more problematic.

Like the OP, I'm just over 6' tall and can do rope pull downs, but do need to bend my knees just a bit when I do. When I do pull-ups, my feet would touch the ground if I didn't bend my knees a bit, too.

When we bought the FT1 a couple years ago, I tested the LifeFitness G7, Hoist M6, a BodyCraft model, and a few others. The FT1 seemed like the best bang for the buck compared to all those, and at $1,300 with the bench, the FTX blows that out of the water.

I agree with OP that the bench is pretty weak, but since this is our "extra" gym, it's getting plenty of use. We have two benches at our other gym that are way better. Still, considering that the FTX retails at $1899 withOUT the bench, buying it from Costco is like getting the FT plus $600 in your pocket and the bench for free.

Just being able to outfit a garage gym in the middle of the pandemic when so many things are sold out was already a huge win. Given the quality and price, it's an outstanding deal.

dantimmer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    Very nice. I had considered going that route but ultimately opted for the FT1 with upgraded stacks. Which was supposed to arrive mid October but still has not . . .

How high is the thing? I had asked several resources, including Inspire, and everyone came back with a different answer.
    The manual says 82" height for both FTX and FT1. Let me know what specific height you're asking about (total height of the FT to see if it fits in a basement, height of the handles at the highest position, or what?) and I'll measure it.

weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) weisgarb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dantimmer View Post
    The manual says 82" height for both FTX and FT1. Let me know what specific height you're asking about (total height of the FT to see if it fits in a basement, height of the handles at the highest position, or what?) and I'll measure it.
    I'm looking for the overall height of the unit to see whether it would fit in a room with low ceilings. The maximum height of the handles wouldn't be bad to know either, for others viewing the thread.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #49 ()---() ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #11 ──<//>─<\\>──

vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vhd16 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    On Costco Website these are the dimensions . Are these accurate ? If yes, might have to bite the bullet on this one .

Dimensions -

Height -- 83 in.
    Length ---55 in.
    Width-----54 in.
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

Originally Posted by weisgarb View Post
    I'm looking for the overall height of the unit to see whether it would fit in a room with low ceilings. The maximum height of the handles wouldn't be bad to know either, for others viewing the thread.
    82.5 to the top of the pull up bar.

Originally Posted by Mxchino View Post
    82.5 to the top of the pull up bar.
    Thanks.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For those worried about the height, I contacted Inspire and they said for the FT1 the pull up bar does not need to be attached, so that should save several inches. I don't know if that's the case for the FTX.
    My website: healthierwithscience.com