RowTheBoat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Day on / Day off Vs Every day but half as much?

Currently I do Legs and Back/ day off / Shoulders and Chest / day off.. repeat. Workouts last around an hour/hour and a quarter.

Is there any difference/benefit/detriment to doing a half hour every day, with no rest days.

ie

Squat and Deadlift day 1
    Shoulders day 2
    Back day 3
    Chest day 4

repeat

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times, I'd appreciate your insight.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There is no difference. Just look at your total weekly volume. The workout schedule that you should do is the one that is most convenient for you. You could do 30 minutes every day, or 60 minutes every other day. It makes no difference. Something like 120 minutes every 3rd day probably isn't going to be productive.

RowTheBoat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks, it will certainly be easier to get done as regards to daily life.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RowTheBoat View Post
    Currently I do Legs and Back/ day off / Shoulders and Chest / day off.. repeat. Workouts last around an hour/hour and a quarter.

Is there any difference/benefit/detriment to doing a half hour every day, with no rest days.

ie

Squat and Deadlift day 1
    Shoulders day 2
    Back day 3
    Chest day 4

repeat

Apologies if this has been asked a thousand times, I'd appreciate your insight.
    I've actually been forced to do this with my current program due to work recently. The first half of my week, I'm able to get full sessions, with the ladder half of the week being more full-body everyday (with all volume matched). I have to take one less rest day, which only has me at one full rest day a week now, but that other day isn't as acutely needed in this case, if that makes sense.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Probably a slight edge for training every day since you will feel fresher going in to the workout. This is particularly the case with high overlap exercises - e.g. bench press and overhead press or squat and deadlift.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Probably a slight edge for training every day since you will feel fresher going in to the workout. This is particularly the case with high overlap exercises - e.g. bench press and overhead press or squat and deadlift.
    In my recent experience doing something like this, workouts are much less demanding, more flexible in nature, and you feel better generally day-to-day overall. I can't really tell a difference in progression, although I can't help but think fewer sessions with a minimum amount of frequency of say 4 days/wk would be lightly better overall in terms of growth and progress than the same volume in a 6-day. It might be because I feel I've done more, even if I haven't, or the fact that I'm aware of the metabolic benefits to muscle gain when fatiguing down that avenue that I can't "unthink" about it.

As far as progress on paper though, no difference that I can tell.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama