OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OverDozed has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Kinesiology Major

My first choice was being a Computer Science major only because I love technology, but the more I find out about it.. doesn't seem right for me.
    Getting paid from 80,000 to 200,000 a year isn't so bad.. it's pretty ****ing awesome to be honest getting paid that much.

But here is the thing, I lost about 50 lbs. but that didn't stop me cause now I love the world of fitness.
    I'm getting so much into it. I extremely love learning new things about fitness, nutrition, and working out.
    I love giving people motivation, giving some advice, sometimes I just love working out with someone and getting them sore, I get the biggest satisfaction ever.

I know they say money isn't everything, but I do want to live a good life, with a good house, nice car, travel to expensive places.. and well I need money to take me to the places that make me happy.
    I saw how much a personal trainer makes.. but you don't see any McDonalds workers in a new BMW and traveling constantly..

I looked up the salary and the only thing I can see fit is being a Dietitian which make around 50,000 and as a side job I wanted to be a personal trainer too.
    Is that too much for doing 2 jobs like that?
    I was wondering, is there really any Kinesiology or Health & Fitness major that pays well?

Jman96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jman96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by OverDozed View Post
    My first choice was being a Computer Science major only because I love technology, but the more I find out about it.. doesn't seem right for me.
    Getting paid from 80,000 to 200,000 a year isn't so bad.. it's pretty ****ing awesome to be honest getting paid that much.

But here is the thing, I lost about 50 lbs. but that didn't stop me cause now I love the world of fitness.
    I'm getting so much into it. I extremely love learning new things about fitness, nutrition, and working out.
    I love giving people motivation, giving some advice, sometimes I just love working out with someone and getting them sore, I get the biggest satisfaction ever.

I know they say money isn't everything, but I do want to live a good life, with a good house, nice car, travel to expensive places.. and well I need money to take me to the places that make me happy.
    I saw how much a personal trainer makes.. but you don't see any McDonalds workers in a new BMW and traveling constantly..

I looked up the salary and the only thing I can see fit is being a Dietitian which make around 50,000 and as a side job I wanted to be a personal trainer too.
    I was wondering, is there really any Kinesiology or Health & Fitness major that pays well?
    If you're willing to put in the time and effort you could be a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or doctor specializing in sports medicine or orthopaedics. Im planning on going down one of these routes because I love it, and these jobs pay well. Btw my undergrad major will be exercise physiology.

RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealRyan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you ever looked into being a physical therapist?

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    I chose my major because of my interest in bodybuilding/nutrition, but I went with Biochemistry instead of a health science degree. I am quite glad I did and ended up becoming interested in something entirely different within that field.

I would recommend going for a field with jobs. CS/engineering are good ones if you have any interest whatsoever in those subjects. I am all for pursuing a dream, but being 50,000 in debt to get a degree that qualifies you to do next to nothing is not a good life choice for most people. So unless you have a definite plan with some concrete connections in that field, I would go the safer route and keep the other as a hobby/interest. You could even minor or double major if you wanted to.

JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeyM92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm currently finishing up my Kinesiology degree and I couldn't have chose a better direction to go in. Not only has it led me to a great part-time job as a trainer but you have plenty of options coming out. You can be anything from a physiotherapist, a chiropractor, occupational therapist, ergonomist or even go to med school. If you are looking for a degree that's going to set you up to do something you love I'd definitely recommend it, but if you are looking for something with immediate employment, you may want to try elsewhere.
    CSEP- CPT

Bench- 265 x 1
    Deadlift 415 x1
    Squat 315 x 5

tsifuen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JoeyM92 View Post
    I'm currently finishing up my Kinesiology degree and I couldn't have chose a better direction to go in. Not only has it led me to a great part-time job as a trainer but you have plenty of options coming out. You can be anything from a physiotherapist, a chiropractor, occupational therapist, ergonomist or even go to med school. If you are looking for a degree that's going to set you up to do something you love I'd definitely recommend it, but if you are looking for something with immediate employment, you may want to try elsewhere.
    how did it turn out man?

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Advice for career

Originally Posted by OverDozed View Post

It is up to you to do what makes you happy.Many routes to go. Personally I switched from doing personal training and am going down the biotechnology route now instead. A "livable wage is 30,000-60,000 per year. Hope that helps
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class