xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder Pop Flat Dumbell Press?

hello,

I had a very uncomfortable benching experience today, I am hoping someone can give me some advice or pointers so I can continue to progress.

I was doing my first set of dumbbell press after 3 sets of warm up and during the first set my shoulder had pop/jolt sensation. It felt as if a bone slid off another bone or something. After the pop my shoulder felt internally rotated and weak so I dropped the weights.

I'm not sure if my depth is off, I really focus on pushing chest out and keeping weight right below the nipple line. Sometimes my forearm rotates up or down too much though.

I dropped the weight for next set I made sure my scapula was really retracted tight, but I felt like my elbows were coming too far in (probably from fear of flaring elbows), also I noticed my push was sloppy and the weight would occasionally wiggle above my head or move to the sides too much.

Most disappointing thing was I didn't feel it in my chest today. F***

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xXGreenXx90 View Post
    hello,

I had a very uncomfortable benching experience today, I am hoping someone can give me some advice or pointers so I can continue to progress.

I was doing my first set of dumbbell press after 3 sets of warm up and during the first set my shoulder had pop/jolt sensation. It felt as if a bone slid off another bone or something. After the pop my shoulder felt internally rotated and weak so I dropped the weights.

I'm not sure if my depth is off, I really focus on pushing chest out and keeping weight right below the nipple line. Sometimes my forearm rotates up or down too much though.

I dropped the weight for next set I made sure my scapula was really retracted tight, but I felt like my elbows were coming too far in (probably from fear of flaring elbows), also I noticed my push was sloppy and the weight would occasionally wiggle above my head or move to the sides too much.

Most disappointing thing was I didn't feel it in my chest today. F***
    Not sure about the "bone sliding" description but Rotator cuff would be my initial concern.

Might need a break depending on severity.

Two things I'd review is how you're getting the weights into position and a more thorough warm up. Did you do anything besides bench to warm-up?

xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) xXGreenXx90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NomadNA View Post
    Not sure about the "bone sliding" description but Rotator cuff would be my initial concern.

Might need a break depending on severity.

Two things I'd review is how you're getting the weights into position and a more thorough warm up. Did you do anything besides bench to warm-up?
    I'll preform these dynamic stretches which take 25min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT4KHtMM-A

Besides that no. :\

Thanks for the help!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could be anything, could be nothing. Could be long head of biceps, where the pec joins the shoulder, any number of things.

If there is no pain I wouldn’t worry too much.
    If there is however pain lifting or not, I’d get it checked out by a professional.

Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ironface is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unless you’re an 80 year old with arthritis you don’t need to spend 25mins warming up. It’s a waste of time.

30sec-1min dynamic stretches to get blood flowing.

A few warmup sets before your main work sets.

That^^ is all 99% of people need to do for a warmup.

Now, onto the problem at hand.

First thing I would do is look at your back training. Are you getting plenty of volume on scapular retraction? That means rows. You need to develop the entire back; not just lats. If your back training consists entirely of pull-ups and/or lat pulldowns, you are missing out on developing the muscles in the back that are going to keep your shoulders pulled back and prevent shoulder injury. The shoulder joints are delicate - you don’t want an imbalance pulling them forward out of alignment, as this would open them up to injury. Keep pulling volume atleast equal to - and preferably slightly higher than - your pressing volume. Face pulls and extra rear delt work is a good idea if you’re struggling to recover from all the rows and still feel you need extra pulling volume.

Next I would take a look at your form. Don’t have your elbows flared and don’t bring the DBs down too high on your chest. Your arms should have a reasonable level of tuck throughout the movement. Maintain scapular retraction as best you can. Don’t have excessive bouncing off your chest either. The descent should be reasonably controlled, followed by an explosive concentric. Your rotator cuffs don’t like aggressive ballistic motions and it’s counterproductive to results anyway.

Hope that helps^^
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*