AsideDish is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Journey From 323 Pounds To . . . Not 323 Pounds (Post-Break-Up)

TL;DR 323.5 lbs right now, 5'11", wanting to get way down and get my abs back

Used to be a long-time lifting fanatic (I'm 27). Usually spent 10+ hours per week in the gym doing whatever I could to get jacked and lean. Was doing Sheiko for a while. Well, lift hit, and I got lazy. Got too comfortable with GF, started working full-time, so the long Sheiko sessions were undoable, and then as I gained weight, my osteoarthritis in my knees got worse (couple of torn ACLs did the damage).

Well, GF and I recently broke-up, and I kinda had a hit to the ego when I realized that I'm just not that fuarking marketable. Sure, my face isn't a 2/10, and I can be funny, but none of that makes up for being a fat slob. So I've decided to rekindle my first loves: lifting and dieting.

For so long, I've eaten and eaten until I've felt full, which never comes. What I've realized is that what I always did to lose weight before was to just ignore the hunger pangs, and eventually my body adapts (especially to intermittent fasting).

To make a long story short, I'm 5'11", and 323.5 lbs. Pretty fuarking bad and disgusting. Wanting to get under 200, closer to 170 or so. Will be a long journey, but one I'm willing to see through until the end.

I'll post more detailed plans later, but pretty much going to stick with some basic little/no cook staples: hard-boiled eggs, Jasmine rice, unsalted peanuts, cheddar cheese, broccoli, and bananas (crushed-up, frozen, blended).

For lifting, going to probably go with 5/3/1. Nice and simple to ease myself back into lifting.

Anyways, here's what I'm working with. Avert your eyes, brahs . . . loose skin is gonna be a bish.

http s://imgur. com/bVPYi12

http s://imgur. com/UtcJK3U

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AsideDish View Post
    TL;DR 323.5 lbs right now, 5'11", wanting to get way down and get my abs back

Used to be a long-time lifting fanatic (I'm 27). Usually spent 10+ hours per week in the gym doing whatever I could to get jacked and lean. Was doing Sheiko for a while. Well, lift hit, and I got lazy. Got too comfortable with GF, started working full-time, so the long Sheiko sessions were undoable, and then as I gained weight, my osteoarthritis in my knees got worse (couple of torn ACLs did the damage).

Well, GF and I recently broke-up, and I kinda had a hit to the ego when I realized that I'm just not that fuarking marketable. Sure, my face isn't a 2/10, and I can be funny, but none of that makes up for being a fat slob. So I've decided to rekindle my first loves: lifting and dieting.

For so long, I've eaten and eaten until I've felt full, which never comes. What I've realized is that what I always did to lose weight before was to just ignore the hunger pangs, and eventually my body adapts (especially to intermittent fasting).

To make a long story short, I'm 5'11", and 323.5 lbs. Pretty fuarking bad and disgusting. Wanting to get under 200, closer to 170 or so. Will be a long journey, but one I'm willing to see through until the end.

I'll post more detailed plans later, but pretty much going to stick with some basic little/no cook staples: hard-boiled eggs, Jasmine rice, unsalted peanuts, cheddar cheese, broccoli, and bananas (crushed-up, frozen, blended).

For lifting, going to probably go with 5/3/1. Nice and simple to ease myself back into lifting.

Anyways, here's what I'm working with. Avert your eyes, brahs . . . loose skin is gonna be a bish.

http s://imgur. com/bVPYi12

http s://imgur. com/UtcJK3U

Best of luck, hope you will succeed! At that weight (which is really, really unhealthy for you) I would aim to lose weight as quickly as possible for as long as you can (aim for about 1% of your bodyweight each week) and then reduce the deficit over time when you are not able to sustain such an aggressive deficit anymore.

As you are so heavy you will probably make rapid strength gains in the gym initially, but as you persist in the cut the pressing strength in particular will start to drop. That may lead you to stop cutting as you may think you are losing muscle; in reality it will be strength loss due to the fat loss and you need to push past that mental barrier if it happens.

As for the diet, just read the "Don't look past the basics" sticky in the "Losing Fat" forum, buy a food scale and weigh everything you put in your mouth. Realize that you will need to eat in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life.