stutz567 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

tips on gaining weight?

I'm 18, I've been recently trying to bulk. I've bulked before at about 3500 calories and it was easier to get those calories in and I built plenty of muscle while staying really lean. For a while I was just maintaining until I started to get bored and felt weak so I decided to really start going at it again about a month ago. Since that time I haven't really gained weight but I've been stronger then ever in the gym. At the end of my first bulk about 6 months ago, I couldn't even get up 155 on bench press, now I can get 205 up for 3 reps on a good day. I was also vegan throughout the time I was maintaining but I stopped when I noticed couldn't eat enough calories when i started to bulk again and I started to feel really weak (I'm now pescatarian), once I started eating fish and eggs I began feeling super strong and felt like an absolute animal. I've always tried eating really clean but this past week I started eating more unhealthy foods just to get the calories in. Prior to this it was hard for me to get even 3000 calories in. Tomorrow I'm gonna start a new diet which is 2 bagels with vegan cream cheese, 4 pasture raised eggs cooked in 1tbs olive oil, 2 cups of orange juice before my workout. About a cup and a half of white rice, 1 can of tuna, mayonnaise, blue berries, more orange juice after my workout. More rice, one fillet of wild caught salmon (about 300 calories worth) and also some vegetables for dinner. Ill also have dessert which is 500 calories of ben and jerry's non dairy ice cream topped with peanut butter or a bunch of reese's puffs or captain crunch with soy milk. Also on days which I eat out with friends ill just eat as much as possible. I'm wondering how people think this is gonna go and if they have any other tips on gaining weight and building as much strength specifically on bench press.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You should be gaining about 2 pounds per month, if not eat more.

Don't eat tuna everyday. It's too much mercury.

About your bench press: Follow a proper training program. Fierce 5 is good.

1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1MANU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Increase your portions of the foods you are already eating if not gaining to your liking.

Tips:

One of the bagels have PB/honey on it.
    Have six eggs instead of 4 eggs.
    Increase rice serving to 300g...maybe add some butter.
    Whole milk great for easy calories..if lactose issues try the Vit D fair life milk. It's great. Trader Joes has a nice version as well. Sub some OJ with whole milk.

Maybe a little hard to get it all down at first but your body will adjust in a week or so.
    Curing Disease.

Strong mind+Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE.

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat more
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 46, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stutz567 View Post
    I'm 18, I've been recently trying to bulk. I've bulked before at about 3500 calories and it was easier to get those calories in and I built plenty of muscle while staying really lean. For a while I was just maintaining until I started to get bored and felt weak so I decided to really start going at it again about a month ago. Since that time I haven't really gained weight but I've been stronger then ever in the gym. At the end of my first bulk about 6 months ago, I couldn't even get up 155 on bench press, now I can get 205 up for 3 reps on a good day. I was also vegan throughout the time I was maintaining but I stopped when I noticed couldn't eat enough calories when i started to bulk again and I started to feel really weak (I'm now pescatarian), once I started eating fish and eggs I began feeling super strong and felt like an absolute animal. I've always tried eating really clean but this past week I started eating more unhealthy foods just to get the calories in. Prior to this it was hard for me to get even 3000 calories in. Tomorrow I'm gonna start a new diet which is 2 bagels with vegan cream cheese, 4 pasture raised eggs cooked in 1tbs olive oil, 2 cups of orange juice before my workout. About a cup and a half of white rice, 1 can of tuna, mayonnaise, blue berries, more orange juice after my workout. More rice, one fillet of wild caught salmon (about 300 calories worth) and also some vegetables for dinner. Ill also have dessert which is 500 calories of ben and jerry's non dairy ice cream topped with peanut butter or a bunch of reese's puffs or captain crunch with soy milk. Also on days which I eat out with friends ill just eat as much as possible. I'm wondering how people think this is gonna go and if they have any other tips on gaining weight and building as much strength specifically on bench press.
    Don't be pescatarian or anything like that, eat red meat, plenty of red meat daily, trust me, you'll thank me later
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 46, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸͺ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    Don't be pescatarian or anything like that, eat red meat, plenty of red meat daily, trust me, you'll thank me later
    being pescatarian is absolutely fine. You can 100% bulk that way and lift with results
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sardines have 10x less mercury than Tuna and you can buy them stored in olive oil.

Milk, cottage cheese, peanut butter are common strategies.

Intra-meal nutrition. Get you some mass gainer shakes that typically add eggs, fats, carbs to your basic whey.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    being pescatarian is absolutely fine. You can 100% bulk that way and lift with results
    This. The idea that you can't bulk as a pescetarian is utter nonsense. I've personally made the best gains of my life eating a pescetarian diet, and there are absolutely no known health or muscle-enhancing properties of red meat or chicken that can't be found in a diet that includes fish. There are some potential downsides of a vegan diet for gaining muscle that require some srs working around (been there done that), but a pescetarian or vegetarian diet that includes some egg &/or dairy products is an entirely different animal...no pun intended.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    This. The idea that you can't bulk as a pescetarian is utter nonsense. I've personally made the best gains of my life eating a pescetarian diet, and there are absolutely no known health or muscle-enhancing properties of red meat or chicken that can't be found in a diet that includes fish. There are some potential downsides of a vegan diet for gaining muscle that require some srs working around (been there done that), but a pescetarian or vegetarian diet that includes some egg &/or dairy products is an entirely different animal...no pun intended.
    Yup, 100% agree

Even a properly planned vegan diet can produce very good results... perhaps not 100% potential (but who knows...) but certainly you could get most of the way their if you ensure you’re getting enough leucine and overall protein/calories.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    Uh, no.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners