mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

low fb but can't see six-pack

Hi!

I've been cutting for a few months now and am at about 9+%bf in that pic and at 118lbs.
    I'm about 5"7.

I'm only 2lbs away from being underweight. I cannot really cut anymore. I've been doing 1K Calorie days (carnivore diet) and am am not sleeping well (going to bed hungry). I'm sick of not eating and feel like **** (cranky and always hungry).

I can kinda see 6pack, but it's not like what I expected at this low bf. Not like the pics online of what you should look like sub 10%.

2nd pic is after doing 150 crunches and so you can see it more defined.

What's going on here? thanks
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mips92 View Post

What's going on here? thanks
    Whats going on here is you need more muscle on your body. You can't just cut yourself to a nice ripped physique unless you've spent years building that physique up in a calorie surplus coupled with a consistent strength training program.

Reverse course, start building. In 2-3 years try again.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You don't have the muscle base required to have visible "abs" no matter how low a BF percentage you go.

The number of people who think that all they have to do is "get skinny" and they will suddenly looked "ripped" amazes me.

"Abs" are abdominal muscles and like any other muscles they need to be built up (usually with hard work over time) in order to look defined when rested and relaxed.

You wouldn't expect to have "huge defined biceps" from simply losing weight, so why did you expect to have ripped, defined abs from doing so?
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mips92 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    You don't have the muscle base required to have visible "abs" no matter how low a BF percentage you go.

The number of people who think that all they have to do is "get skinny" and they will suddenly looked "ripped" amazes me.

"Abs" are abdominal muscles and like any other muscles they need to be built up (usually with hard work over time) in order to look defined when rested and relaxed.

You wouldn't expect to have "huge defined biceps" from simply losing weight, so why did you expect to have ripped, defined abs from doing so?
    That makes perfect sense, thanks. Like lot of ppl, I was misled, bc it seems like legit every article on the internet says something like, "forget crunches..all you need to do is get your bf low enough to see abs". Hardly ever do these articles say you need the muscle first.

Seems like common sense now. But what do you recommend I do now? Bulk and eat and forget about any fat I accrue again? I'd like to not lose some of the "leanness" I've gotten and get a belly again.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That makes perfect sense, thanks. Like lot of ppl, I was misled, bc it seems like legit every article on the internet says something like, "forget crunches..all you need to do is get your bf low enough to see abs". Hardly ever do these articles say you need the muscle first.

Seems like common sense now. But what do you recommend I do now? Bulk and eat and forget about any fat I accrue again? I'd like to not lose some of the "leanness" I've gotten and get a belly again.

Eat at a small surplus and lift heavy. Gonna be a few years before you get to where you want
    50% of my posts are 100% factual

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But what do you recommend I do now? Bulk and eat and forget about any fat I accrue again? I'd like to not lose some of the "leanness" I've gotten and get a belly again.
    You don't have to bulk at such a rate that you get a belly, but you will have to accept "some" fat gain with bulking, its just part of the process. At your size I wouldn't aim for anything over 1-1.5 lbs per month of gain, otherwise you'll just end up putting on a lot of fat. Ensure you're following a structured program with a focus on progressive overload.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The "abs are made in the kitchen" theory is way off. Do you just diet down to see your biceps? Pecs? Lats? No, you build them up then diet down to expose the muscle. For some reason people think abs live in an alternate universe where the basic rules don't apply.

Build abs like any other muscle, slight caloric surplus and lots of direct ab work. The "Just do compounds" applies to very few lifters. Those are the guys with a great natural ab structure and that isn't the norm for most people.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    All muscle is made in the kitchen, but first you have to break the muscle down.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by brit-iron View Post
    All muscle is made in the kitchen, but first you have to break the muscle down.
    No, you need to build the muscle up.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    No, you need to build the muscle up.
    I think he just meant the actual process of weight lilting breaks muscle down so that future meals can build them back up

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    I think he just meant the actual process of weight lilting breaks muscle down so that future meals can build them back up
    That is kind of a myth. It used to be believed that muscle damage (microtrauma) was a cause of muscle growth. It's not, it's more of a coinciding effect - too much has actually been shown to harm results.

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    Well that's STILL wrong.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So, you're following a horrible diet, massively undereating, and you feel like crap?

Yeah, that'll happen.

Also i'm not sure how you're assessing your BF% but it's not 9%

You haven't even mentioned training, etc...

Basically all you're doing is starving yourself and apparently not training in any real capacity... that's why you are where you are.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For a start everything mentioned above ^^ you do not have the mass to have great abs at any BF

Secondly you are nowhere near 9% bodyfat. Ignore all bodyfat scales, they are wildly inaccurate. You would be able to see your abs at 9% bodyfat, they would just be very underdeveloped and not look at all how you want them to. You would also be a twig

Work on building for a while
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Non-CEO, 0.1235K per day