Trineu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Calisthenics - to failure ?

Hello everyone, i have a question. I started training calisthenics at home, basic fullbody compound movements (pull-ups,push-ups etc.). I red some articles on internet if i should go to failure and its really 50/50, some says it will hinger my CNS , some that bodyweight isnt as hard and should be done to the muscular failure with proper technique (or just do maximum reps). What is better for hypertrophy ? I really like doing maximum reps, which means to failure, but do you think that it will be really that bad for regeneration ? Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, you should reach failure or close to it especially with any lighter higher rep exercises.

CNS is a much misunderstood thing, usually confused for general systemic fatigue (which is unavoidable from any hard training).

Read:

https://mennohenselmans.com/cns-fatigue/

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always do my calisthenics exercises with 3 sets AMRAP or with a rep goal in mind

VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Trineu View Post
    Hello everyone, i have a question. I started training calisthenics at home
    If you just started I would avoid failure. Your goal should be to learn to do all the movements with good form. You also want to avoid going nuts in any one workout setting you up to miss subsequent workouts. This is a typical problem for newer trainees.

Once you have settled into your routine, are training consistently and are feeling confident in all your forms it's normal to push close to failure or beyond on safe movements to do so with. Although most folks pick their spots. Pushing everything to failure all the time just trashes you.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Right now my working sets of reps for push ups is 15, because I actually do em right (Also I do dips and planche progression along with push ups and my main focus is planche progression). AMRAP think just over 30 before form started to go and my tempo was a little faster than norm. Pretty sure I can move up to 20 reps per working sets. It's just not a priority, planche is. I do the 15 rep sets till I hit 150, then I do 10 reps per set at a slower tempo and longer pause at top and bottom. I also don't just drop on the eccentric portion.

Before I started really getting into calisthenics, my working sets was 50 reps per set and I'd do 800-1000 total during my @2 hours at the gym along with other stuff. I was also not as strong or leaned out as I am now. It's just that I did push ups like pretty much everyone else in my gym does 'em....CRAP form, no where near full range of motion and as fast as possible so I can count more reps. Also, I was POSTIVE I had good form and range of motion because I always pushed to elbow lockout. How fast I did 'em wasn't even thought about.

Everyone I have seen so far at my gym doing push ups do floor humper push ups (lower body sag, their legs/belly touch the floor first), imaginary blow job push ups (there head goes up and down with way more range of motion than their arms) and woodpecker push ups (very fast tempo and pretty much no range of motion...it looks like they are vibrating). There are two varieties for these, ones that stay mostly at the top range of motion and ones that stay mostly at the bottom.

Really take a look at your form, range of motion and tempo. You should be slight hollow body, which mean lower back is flat, not arched, not ass in the air. Your chest should be what touches the ground, not your knees, belly or head. Head is neutral, not looking down to decrease ROM. Elbows point back, not flared out...we want to avoid shoulder injury. Range of motion is FULL scapular protraction some depression, all the way down till chest kisses the ground and all the way up again to a full protraction. Tempo is controlled, you don't have to go super slow, but it should be no where near fast.

Use your cell phone to record yourself so you can see what you're actually doing. Most people do not have the body awareness to realize what they think their body is doing is pretty far off from reality.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆