kb2601 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adaptive TDEE Calculation based on weight and calories logs

Hey everyone - I hope this is allowed as I didn't see anything against it in the rules. I'm a long time lurker of this forum and have used it for a lot and hope that this can be a way to give back a little bit.

I think most people on here know that pretty much all TDEE calculators online work by formulas to guestimate your TDEE based on variables like weight, sex, height activity level etc. I found this super frustrating for dieting becasue my weight and activity would change over time and i'd spend a week or more at a caloric intake goal that was completely off. I'm in medical school and start residency next year so I go through cycles where im working 70-90 hours in the week and barely get time to lift or bike and then off-service weeks where i bike and lift 6-7 days/week.

Eventually i found a few spreadsheets online to get TDEE calculations based on how many calories i ate and how my weight changed which was a huge gamechanger. I just had to log my weight and calories in MFP and the excel sheet and I'd know exactly how many calories i needed to eat each day on avg.

This brings us to last month when i got too lazy to enter data into an excel sheet. I made a nice online adaptive TDEE calculator and calorie/weight tracking system inspired by the spreadsheets I was using this past year (calorietracker.io). Its completely free webapp that syncs nicely with myfitnesspal (spend a long time on this since they dont have an api lol) but also direct logging of calories and weight. you can also import logs from a csv if you have one. After you have ~10 or so logs entered it gives u a super accurate TDEE that changes as your body and habits change. for me personally i just set up the auto sync with MFP the site stays up to date for me.

heres a screenshot (also attached as bb.jpg): imgur.com/a/V1YtBOk

as you can see theres other features too like weekly summaries and what not. id love to get some beta testers/users for feedback so i can figure out where to take this project from here since it already fulfills all my personal needs.

i sincerely hope i am not breaking any rules by posting this. i do not monetize any part of this and just keep it running on donations. i would be extremely grateful for anyone to try it and share their thoughts

here is a link: calorietracker.io
    Attached Images