safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Collar bone pain on dips

As title states I'm getting collar bone pain when doing dips. My form is good and I do them slow and controlled but for some reason I'm getting pain in my left collar bone. I see alot of other people have had a similar issue. Any ways to fix this ? if I keep pushing through collar bone pain, I know I'm going to regret sooner or later

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    How deep do you go on the dips and how far down do you go prior to feeling the pain? Which portion of your collarbone is painful?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    How deep do you go on the dips and how far down do you go prior to feeling the pain? Which portion of your collarbone is painful?
    I go til my upper arms are parallel to the floor. I feel the collar bone pain near the bottom of the dip

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dips put a lot of pressure on your collarbone esp if you do the lean forward, so you're not necessarily doing something wrong. You could do them more vertical and see if that helps, but that's not going to do as much for your chest.

It's also possible you could've weakened it doing something else and are feeling it in the dips.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Dips put a lot of pressure on your collarbone esp if you do the lean forward, so you're not necessarily doing something wrong. You could do them more vertical and see if that helps, but that's not going to do as much for your chest.

It's also possible you could've weakened it doing something else and are feeling it in the dips.
    Thats the thing mate, I do them vertical as I use them more as a tricep exercise. I've not been using dips for very long but since I've started using them I've added noticeable size to my triceps. Will be a shame if I have to stop doing them. Could my collar bone adapt to the dips or am I just asking for an injury if I continue to do them

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Thats the thing mate, I do them vertical as I use them more as a tricep exercise. I've not been using dips for very long but since I've started using them I've added noticeable size to my triceps. Will be a shame if I have to stop doing them. Could my collar bone adapt to the dips or am I just asking for an injury if I continue to do them
    If it's the tissue/etc. around the collarbone causing the pain it may get better over time. If it's the actual bone I doubt it. That being said, it may not fully break from doing them - but may start to affect other lifts (e.g., heavy BP) and you may be more susceptible to injury if you land on your shoulder during sports or otherwise.

But check with a doc for an exam and X-ray if you're worried it's compromised since I'm not a doc (just someone who's broken his collarbone before - not from lifting).

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If it's the tissue/etc. around the collarbone causing the pain it may get better over time. If it's the actual bone I doubt it. That being said, it may not fully break from doing them - but may start to affect other lifts (e.g., heavy BP) and you may be more susceptible to injury if you land on your shoulder during sports or otherwise.

But check with a doc for an exam and X-ray if you're worried it's compromised since I'm not a doc (just someone who's broken his collarbone before - not from lifting).
    Yeh I think I'll just drop the dips and replace it with some close grip bench. Be stupid of me to push through bone pain. On spread mate cheers