kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Not enough ab development? Or too high BF%

Hey everyone

17 weeks into my cut and I’m wondering if I should continue or not.

I’m looking to make my lower abs pop which I’ve done before but ended up a lot more skinnier than I hoped.

Is this an issue with ab development or is my BF% still too high? In your opinion

Sorry I don’t know how to embed from imgur, reps to whoever embeds

First pic fully relaxed
    Second pic flexed
    https://imgur.com/a/lIgYFL8
    The best personal trainer you can invest in is YOURSELF.

socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) socalivin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like a bit of both another 10-15 would definitely lean you out but strengthening your core would make them more define try focusing more on leg lifts and planks. If you can’t do an L sit hold means you need some improvement. Lastly it could also be genetic just look a Ronnie Coleman

kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kauseemcee is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by socalivin View Post
    Looks like a bit of both another 10-15 would definitely lean you out but strengthening your core would make them more define try focusing more on leg lifts and planks. If you can’t do an L sit hold means you need some improvement. Lastly it could also be genetic just look a Ronnie Coleman
    Hmm true, I’ve only just started to hit abs again after a year or so without. I could eat at maintenance for a few months and maybe bring them back up, I dunno

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kauseemcee View Post
    Hmm true, I’ve only just started to hit abs again after a year or so without. I could eat at maintenance for a few months and maybe bring them back up, I dunno
    pics not loading

FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    From your avi, I would say you only need to cut about 5-8lbs, and I would learn front levers, dragon flags, hanging leg raises, hanging oblique twists. That is all I do for my core and its plenty. You have good size so mainly losing 5-8lbs should be your main focus if you want your abs to pop...
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    pics not loading

Do these work?

Do these work?
    Wow that changes my opinion, you need to hit your core HARD you are lacking muscle in that area for sure because you are plenty lean for them to pop.

Do weighted knee raises on a bench, weighted hanging leg raises, weighted oblique twists laying on the floor, h anging oblique twists weighted, learn to do dragon flag and front lever, and your core should blow up, even eating around maintenance because you need a lot of size you could still build there. Also squeeze your core and glutes when walking around daily, it'll become normal after awhile and it will greatly aid in cuts when it comes to the core area.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

Wow that changes my opinion, you need to hit your core HARD you are lacking muscle in that area for sure because you are plenty lean for them to pop.

Do weighted knee raises on a bench, weighted hanging leg raises, weighted oblique twists laying on the floor, h anging oblique twists weighted, learn to do dragon flag and front lever, and your core should blow up, even eating around maintenance because you need a lot of size you could still build there.

Yea it’s excellent lighting in my avi and that was about a month ago when I was still a bit more bulkier. Thanks for your input!

Yea it’s excellent lighting in my avi and that was about a month ago when I was still a bit more bulkier. Thanks for your input!
    Train your core like you do your upper body and you'll blow up lol, great chest and shoulders.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

Train your core like you do your upper body and you'll blow up lol, great chest and shoulders.
    Thanks! Actually makes me feel good about my progress, my chest was lagging so from the beginning of last year I prioritised it a lot.
    Maybe time to prioritise my core and I’ll have the look I’m after

Thanks! Actually makes me feel good about my progress, my chest was lagging so from the beginning of last year I prioritized it a lot.
    Maybe time to prioritise my core and I’ll have the look I’m after
    I'm working on my chest and shoulders and arms now, and I never prioritized them, looking for thicker chest like yours in 6 months, no homo... Core just comes from consistency. I hit obliques on push day and *abs* on push and leg day, as well as front levers and dragon flags on leg day, also do Muay Thai, which is amazing for core "on rest day" but the issue most people have with core is.

They don't train it like they would their chest. We use our core all the time, same as shoulders, and calves and traps, so these muscle groups need to be hit with heavy weight and consistent volume, not entirely 20 sets..

I do 3-5 sets for core, and love doing PULSE sets, so I'll put hanging oblique twist at the end of a super set, but since I'm already so exhausted I do PULSE sets such as, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds 3 reps.. So got 12 reps in and 3-5 sets, without compromising the rest of workout AND being able to overload the core.

Just an example.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

I'm working on my chest and shoulders and arms now, and I never prioritized them, looking for thicker chest like yours in 6 months, no homo... Core just comes from consistency. I hit obliques on push day and *abs* on push and leg day, as well as front levers and dragon flags on leg day, also do Muay Thai, which is amazing for core "on rest day" but the issue most people have with core is.

They don't train it like they would their chest. We use our core all the time, same as shoulders, and calves and traps, so these muscle groups need to be hit with heavy weight and consistent volume, not entirely 20 sets..

I do 3-5 sets for core, and love doing PULSE sets, so I'll put hanging oblique twist at the end of a super set, but since I'm already so exhausted I do PULSE sets such as, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds, 3 reps, rest 5 seconds 3 reps.. So got 12 reps in and 3-5 sets, without compromising the rest of workout AND being able to overload the core.

Just an example.
    Yea unfortunately I fell into the “compounds hit abs” lie pretty hard lol I’m so pissed about it too.
    But it happens, I’ll have to get into the ab work like I use to. Great example, I’ll definitely look into that, might try it out tomorrow

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say a bit of both.

You might have somewhat visible "abs" when relaxed if you dropped a few more pounds and got totally shredded however the abdominal muscles definitely need more overall development.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea unfortunately I fell into the “compounds hit abs” lie pretty hard
    They do for some people. It comes down to how much natural ab structure you have which is genetic. It's like calves, some guys do a couple of calf raises and they blow up and some guys have to annihilate em to get em to grow.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    I'd say a bit of both.

You might have somewhat visible "abs" when relaxed if you dropped a few more pounds and got totally shredded however the abdominal muscles definitely need more overall development.
    Yea, I’m going to try to bring them up and see if there’s any change for at least up to Christmas. Thanks for the feedback man

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    They do for some people. It comes down to how much natural ab structure you have which is genetic. It's like calves, some guys do a couple of calf raises and they blow up and some guys have to annihilate em to get em to grow.
    Lol unfortunately my calves are absolutely chit too. I work on them hard but they stay shredded and small.
    Might have to try and bring them up too. Thanks for the feedback

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea, I’m going to try to bring them up and see if there’s any change for at least up to Christmas. Thanks for the feedback man

Lol unfortunately my calves are absolutely chit too. I work on them hard but they stay shredded and small.
    Might have to try and bring them up too. Thanks for the feedback
    you're in great shape so don’t be too hard on yourself. You get to a point where you’re able to sit back and review where you’re at and fine tune things and fix the weak points. Guys are too quick to work on their strong points only and end up out of balance.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you're in great shape so don’t be too hard on yourself. You get to a point where you’re able to sit back and review where you’re at and fine tune things and fix the weak points. Guys are too quick to work on their strong points only and end up out of balance.
    Thanks a lot, that makes me feel better about the situation.

I'm definitely at that point I think. I'm happy to eat back at maintenance and see if I can bring up my abs for a while and then maybe lean bulk or cut a little more depending on results.

Better to have this goal than continue cutting into my muscle I suppose. Thanks buddy, repping everyone in thread