Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink im 16 years old and im trying to to get in shape

I want to be able to be in shape because in 2 years i want to go to the Air force and be able to complete any fitness test with no sweat. I just need help.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    need more info like height and weight to start with

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best advice you will get will come directly from the recruiter, strength/hypertrophy training while useful, is not at all like what you will be asked to do for an Air Force fitness test
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trillx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    need more info like height and weight to start with
    im 5'10 and weight around 150

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Find out what the requirements are and exceed them.
    I agree ask the recruiter what PT is done while in basic and what he recommends.
    Usually most military is running,push ups,sit ups,pull ups and other.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Find out what the requirements are and exceed them.
    I agree ask the recruiter what PT is done while in basic and what he recommends.
    Usually most military is running,push ups,sit ups,pull ups and other.
    Thank you ill let yall know what they say

NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50) NomadNA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Trillx View Post
    im 5'10 and weight around 150
    Lookup the Military Physical Fitness test. They only grade you on a couple exercises:1.5 or 2 mile run, situps, pull-ups, and push-ups. You can do a bit of lifting if you want but focus on those movements.

For the fitness test, they grade you based on tiers. something like 10 to pass or 14 for achieved excellence (made up numbers). Once you hit the top number there's not much need to do more. Focusing on the run portion is the best for bragging rights in the military (I think). Many of the top generals still run 3-5 miles a day.

A baseline of lifting might help you a little with the pull-ups and push-ups but really you don't need much. If you show up with "excessive" muscle they'll starve it off you so you look like everyone else.

If you get bored, learning proper rope climbing technique or swim technique might not be bad ideas. They'll teach you anyways, but a head start might make it less stressful on you. Again focus on learning the technique more than the speed.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to be able to be in shape because in 2 years i want to go to the Air force and be able to complete any fitness test with no sweat. I just need help.
    Start here. Stew Smith has literally trained thousands of people to get ready for the military.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LpXLcP4noYpesj

Thumbs up Thank you

Thank you all for helping me move closer with this goal. i have everything to start and maintain it thanks to yall. I will keep in contact and let yall know my progress. Thank you everyone.

Hello everyone i know this is a pretty old thread and my dreams changed a bit. But i finally made it to a point in life where my gym life is becoming a normal thing. now i currently weight 195 and mostly muscle and fat around my stomach area. At the gym i can bench press 70, i can do 3 sets of 10 pretty easy. i can lift 25 in my biceps which i should workout more often. I can do around 55 to 70 in my triceps most due to a lot of push ups. I havent did deadlifts and squats yet. I wanted to ask what is a good way to build a lot more muscle and speed up the recovery time. I intake abt 50 - 70 grams of protien a day and i try to stay away from a lot of fatty foods. i was wondering if theres anyway to build more and recover in a faster time.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're still aiming to join the Air Force, I'd switch gears and make sure you can easily beat the runtime.

Good job on your strength progress, but that protein count is way, way low. Up that significantly and get your overall calories in a deficit. I would run every other day. The mile and a half PT runtime is about 13:30 for a 1.5 mile run IIRC, so if you can't already beat that by a good margin, I'd drop the strength training and get a more athletic, callisthenic focus.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Thank you so much for the support i will keep everyone that supports me updated weekly.

I also have a question that i wanted to ask. Today is my rest day because i did a lot even thought i wasn't use to it. I had worked my back and my shoulders pretty heavy because those were muscle i rarely worked so i put them through hell. Now my neck hurt and i was wondering if that had to do with anything. I researched that there are some back muscles and shoulder muscles that connects to the neck which might be the problem and i just wanted to confirm this. Also i forgot to mention earlier that my right arm is stronger than my left arm and i was wondering how to fix it.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I also have a question that i wanted to ask. Today is my rest day because i did a lot even thought i wasn't use to it. I had worked my back and my shoulders pretty heavy because those were muscle i rarely worked so i put them through hell. Now my neck hurt and i was wondering if that had to do with anything. I researched that there are some back muscles and shoulder muscles that connects to the neck which might be the problem and i just wanted to confirm this. Also i forgot to mention earlier that my right arm is stronger than my left arm and i was wondering how to fix it.
    What you are experiencing is most likely DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), but it's possible you might have mildly pulled something if you didn't warm up properly and attempted more weight than you could safely control.

The best way to address imbalances is to make the core of your training evenly loaded compound exercises, preferably barbell and callisthenic training. There are six major movement patterns which you should routinely train: a squat motion, a hip hinge motion, a horizontal press, a horizontal pull, a vertical pull and an overhead press. How you go about these can differ, however barbell work is in my opinion the best way to go until you are past a novice level of strength.

Once you're familiar with the movements, if you're regularly training all of these movement patterns with progressive overload, no major area is neglected and you can use isolations to address emerging weak points, however reaching this point will most likely take at least several months of dedicated training.

In the stickies posted at the top of the board there are recommended training programs for beginners and novices which take account of these principles, and most on this forum would recommend you consider, to establish a solid base until you have enough of an intuitive grasp to proceed on your own.

I hope you find that working out is really rewarding, fulfilling and fun. Good luck!
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Alright just made it out the gym and im here to tell you what i done today. I had did 10 reps of 100 pound bench press 3 times. 35 pound bicep curls. 70 pound triceps extensions. 35 pound shoulder extensions. then i worked out my legs. I also ran on the treadmill for 10 mins. i wanted to ask for tips to get rid of belly fat. my belly fat isnt rlly a problem but i dont want it. Also tips on learning how to squat.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Run time on mile and a half should be closer to 10 minutes, that would be a good margin. Pullups need to be well over 8, somewhere at 12 is better. Situps at about 40. Generally, fitness standards are quite normal, any gym goer can make it. But aside from fitness there is also aptitude test. Recruiters will also look at your marks in school and consider any of your extracurricular activity, involvement in community, volunteering etc. Once you been selected, there will be numerous opportunities to get de-selected at any fkn time. And if you are still going for airforce, get you body weight closer to 180, for ejection seat.
    Last edited by weiss1967; 06-22-2021 at 06:00 AM.