Bustershkr is on a distinguished road. (+10)

15 year old trying to get more mass/muscle

So I've worked out since September 5 to 7 times a week. I've trained for 1 year but never really serious. I don't follow any diets but I still eat really healthy in most of my days, but right now I either a lot of food one of the days, and the next I eat way too little.

I train like a push, pull, and legs kind of workout with a mostly high volume lightweight

Any comments or help towards my training would be very appreciated

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The key marker of gaining muscle are how much you have improved your main compound lifts.

What is your 10 rep max in each main lift now compared to 1 month or 6 months ago?

I am not a fan of doing "light weight" training when you are a novice because it just never seems to have the impact that heavier training does. In many cases it's better to forget the dogma of "high reps for hypertrophy and low reps for strength", when you are a novice you won't get anywhere without both.

A lot also depends on exertion levels, it's actually harder to make progress and consistently push yourself when doing higher reps and higher volume. So there is that too.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The key marker of gaining muscle are how much you have improved your main compound lifts.

What is your 10 rep max in each main lift now compared to 1 month or 6 months ago?

I am not a fan of doing "light weight" training when you are a novice because it just never seems to have the impact that heavier training does. In many cases it's better to forget the dogma of "high reps for hypertrophy and low reps for strength", when you are a novice you won't get anywhere without both.

A lot also depends on exertion levels, it's actually harder to make progress and consistently push yourself when doing higher reps and higher volume. So there is that too.
    Agreed, to add to this I find high rep compounds always encouraging poor form in novices.

https://saynotobroscience.com/gzclp-infographic/

This is one of the best setups for progression and learning movements as a beginner IMO
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KimMiSo8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello!
    Don't train so often. Three times a week is enough.
    If you want to gain mass - more meat.

Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brandon2576 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I completely agree with the first two. For a novice, heavier training like around 5 reps is generally better in my opinion. I did light weight stuff for forever never saw any real gains. I started training for strength though and decided I didn’t care about if I was big and shredded. Ironically I put on the most size when I started training for strength.

3 days a week is debatable. It is really personal preference. As a novice, if you are doing all your compound movements in one day then yea three days a week would be optimal. If you have it split up a little more you may end up training more days. Right now, I train 6 days a week (I’m not a novice though I’ve been training for a good while).