workingondying is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should you start lifting?

Hello everyone, my name is Jonah. This is my first post I will be making on this website, and this is the first time I have really ever been on this site. I'm on here after watching the Zyzz documentary and finding out he was on bodybuilding.com when he started out. I thought perhaps that you guys could find some motivation in my story. I'm 17 and I started working out about 4 months ago. I have struggled with social anxiety and self-esteem my whole life. I can remember being scared of large groups, starting and keeping conversations, and generally showing any sort of confidence. Ever since I have started lifting my overall confidence has shot up, and I'm no longer scared to engage random people in conversation. Not only has my mental health improved, but I have become more confident about my personal beliefs as well. It is hard to describe the amount lifting / BB has helped me with my mental health. It is hard to describe the full scope of how much I appreciate lifting and everyone involved with it. This post is for anyone who is considering starting lifting, but is hesitant for self-esteem reasons. Just ****ing do it. It was the best decision I have ever made. Once you start improving your own body, you want to improve all other areas of life as well. I cannot stress this enough, just lift.

For anyone who is struggling and needs some advice, please DM me. I'm really not sure how DMs work on this site, but I will figure it out.

Thanks for reading,
    Jonah

tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by workingondying View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Jonah. This is my first post I will be making on this website, and this is the first time I have really ever been on this site. I'm on here after watching the Zyzz documentary and finding out he was on bodybuilding.com when he started out. I thought perhaps that you guys could find some motivation in my story. I'm 17 and I started working out about 4 months ago. I have struggled with social anxiety and self-esteem my whole life. I can remember being scared of large groups, starting and keeping conversations, and generally showing any sort of confidence. Ever since I have started lifting my overall confidence has shot up, and I'm no longer scared to engage random people in conversation. Not only has my mental health improved, but I have become more confident about my personal beliefs as well. It is hard to describe the amount lifting / BB has helped me with my mental health. It is hard to describe the full scope of how much I appreciate lifting and everyone involved with it. This post is for anyone who is considering starting lifting, but is hesitant for self-esteem reasons. Just ****ing do it. It was the best decision I have ever made. Once you start improving your own body, you want to improve all other areas of life as well. I cannot stress this enough, just lift.

For anyone who is struggling and needs some advice, please DM me. I'm really not sure how DMs work on this site, but I will figure it out.

Thanks for reading,
    Jonah
    Happy you found what improves your quality of life Jonah. It can be lifting or any outlet that you enjoy, use as therapy to release emotion, or anything you can progress in. Best of luck with the rest of your life and if you have any questions you can shoot me a DM. I'm not that much older than you I'm going to be 29 years in less than 3 months. I was also that socially awkward teenager who was longing for respect and sense of belonging from other people though I knew what I wanted out of life but I was a loner. Now I am happy being my own best company and doing my own thing and I still have friends. I'm going to give you a rep and also add you on my friends list. You can accept if you want. I am talking to you because I relate to you and this was also something I've experienced. I'm glad I had a support system who made me not give up. It gets better remember that. That is one thing I wish I knew at your age but know now and I have hope.
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tobi_alder_strength_coach/

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfUnpHsz47yT0WkkThQOOZA?view_as=subscriber

My Online Strength Coach Website: tobistrength.com

bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100) bardoo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yea, mental health really benefits from regular workouts, even if just cardio. But I've also noticed my confidence boosting as well.

Been this way my whole life.

Registered User readreindeer666's Avatar
    readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50) readreindeer666 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome to bodybuilding brother lol

QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100) QuiLee is not very well liked. (-100)
    Why? You'll just get fat and lazy and die earlier. Not much difference at all really. Both bad for the planet and you're just making yourself look fat. Either way, you're going to be a greener pastures for the rest of your life. ))))
    Last edited by QuiLee; 01-20-2021 at 01:05 AM.

Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000) Itsallgoodman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Welcome Jonah, I’m new here as well

buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buildkin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by quilee View Post
    why? You'll just get fat and lazy and die earlier. Not much difference at all really. Both bad for the planet and you're just making yourself look fat. Either way, you're going to be a greener pastures for the rest of your life. ))))
    lmfao strong

lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10) lukabosnjak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's what its all about, self improvement brother.

imozee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started lifting about a couple months ago

Started lifting about a couple months ago as the title says. It has been a very rewarding experience as I just find it more fun in general than cardio. Cardio will be the death of me. I keep going with it, but lifting feels so much more rewarding. It feels great to be stronger, and not just work towards body goals. I used videos like these to help with form because man messing this type of stuff up hurts. My form was terrifying when I first started, here's to moving forward.

*************.us/68638180671152

*************.us/68638180671049

*************.us/68638180671126

*************.us/68638180671144

*************.us/68638180671152

hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100) hamphre is not very well liked. (-100)

Thanks for reading,
    Jonah
    Well done for writing this post! It will be useful for beginners to read it!

GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100) GabrielDorsi is not very well liked. (-100)

Thanks for reading,
    Jonah
    Hey Jonah,

I'm glad that you are sharing your story and describing how BB helped you change your mindset for the better. 'Tis amazing there're posts like this which may help others.

Like you I used to watch Zyzz videos back then and i had such good memories of it.

Hope you'r doing great my guy

PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100) PlatterEmily is not very well liked. (-100)
    Physical activity reduces the risk and symptoms of diseases such as diabetes, depression, heart attack, stroke, arthritis and some types of cancer. It also reduces the level of bad cholesterol and drives the lymphatic system to work