Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lockdown - Opportunity to break from bulk and lean up?

Gyms where I live have been shut down for 4 weeks. Typically the advice has been to eat at maintenance and maintain during this period. However, what I am wondering is could I take this opportunity to shed 5 lbs of fat while maintianing my lbm using make-shift home workouts? Or is that a recipe for disaster due to a lack of intensity that I would be unable to replicate due to a lack of a home gym?

Appreciate all the opinions.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I guess that it takes less effort to maintain than it does to gain muscle - so it could be OK. I would strongly advise making sure you have effective exercises for every muscle group though. This can be hard for things like delts, traps, posterior chain without equipment.

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can deadlift, squat, OHP, barbell row, pull ups, push-ups. I just can't figure out how I can do BP without a bench.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dranseth View Post
    I can deadlift, squat, OHP, barbell row, pull ups, push-ups. I just can't figure out how I can do BP without a bench.
    our gyms were on lock down for months, you can bench on the ground with a barbell

And cutting would be fine as long as you are still able to lift
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I thought you said you didn't have a home gym.

You can do floor press. Keep elbows more flared than you would with a chest-touching bench press so it's all on pecs. Perhaps put something under your back like a cushion. You can also get someone to balance plates on your back when doing pushups.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I thought you said you didn't have a home gym.

You can do floor press. Keep elbows more flared than you would with a chest-touching bench press so it's all on pecs. Perhaps put something under your back like a cushion. You can also get someone to balance plates on your back when doing pushups.
    To be honest, when I made this post I did not have anything other than some olympic 45's. Since then, I gained access to a bar and some more olympic plates. I just won't be able to do heavy fives, triples, or singles. I will have to rely on my 5x10's at 70% for now and progress that way.

Thank you all for your replies

TimHall2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To be honest, when I made this post I did not have anything other than some olympic 45's. Since then, I gained access to a bar and some more olympic plates. I just won't be able to do heavy fives, triples, or singles. I will have to rely on my 5x10's at 70% for now and progress that way.
    I'm in a similar predicament with about enough weight for the 10-15 rep range. I've been doing a lot of 5x12's and drop sets. I've found this pretty good for cutting and definition.