Masaaassa is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up 17 y/o with fast metabo: how to get big ?

Hey there, I’ve been working out for 7 months now and am pretty satisfied with the result. As a 17 y/o guy with a fast metabo, I just wanted to know the way to get BIG muscular. I just don’t want to keep working out for years to end up having a muscular but still skinny body you know ?
    Should I take more calories, protein, follow a particular workout routine ??

Thank you guys for helping me out !

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much are you actually eating each day?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I used to aim ~3500 kcal/day to get bigger but currently stopped. Would eating 3500 kcal/day be the way to get bigger ??

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    And what is your height and weight?

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    And what do you consider to be "BIG muscular"?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    So your aim was to eat 3500 but did you actually - and consistently?

Consistently Consistent sosuperloud's Avatar
    sosuperloud is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The secret, that isn't a secret.... Meal Prep. I'm not even talking about complicated meal containers.... I am referring to making your carb and protein source in bulk. My protein source is 93/7 ground turkey, and my carb source is Jasmine rice.
    My greens are spinach mostly.

I literally eat 2 handfuls of ground turkey, and handful of rice, every 3 hours. Plus a green.

I grew up skinny as a rail. The skinniest kid around.
    Most skinny people that say they have problems gaining mass, don't eat breakfast. They don't eat consistently. They live day to day with no plan.

My food is just sitting there ready. All I do is add some condiments to change it up.

Meal prep. Do it.
    https://www.facebook.com/ttp4gains/
    Hypertrophy and Strength Programs I have designed from my Google Drive https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1CNxsQARVfRsJ7fOKJ4sZcLwloPLrDt3s

Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I’m 5’7’’ (175cm) and 143lbs (65kg)

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    So your aim was to eat 3500 but did you actually - and consistently?
    I have to admit that I stopped. I use to eat a lot of pesto pasta but didn’t really know if I had to eat lots of calories to be big. I also was scared it would add lots of fat to my body..
    Now I mainly focus on the amout of protein that I have per day.

Originally Posted by sosuperloud View Post
    The secret, that isn't a secret.... Meal Prep. I'm not even talking about complicated meal containers.... I am referring to making your carb and protein source in bulk. My protein source is 93/7 ground turkey, and my carb source is Jasmine rice.
    My greens are spinach mostly.

I literally eat 2 handfuls of ground turkey, and handful of rice, every 3 hours. Plus a green.

I grew up skinny as a rail. The skinniest kid around.
    Most skinny people that say they have problems gaining mass, don't eat breakfast. They don't eat consistently. They live day to day with no plan.

My food is just sitting there ready. All I do is add some condiments to change it up.

Meal prep. Do it.
    What does 93/7 mean ?

And what I don’t really get is that neither ground turkey, nor jasmine rice, nor spinach contain lots of calories. So why are they good to get “big” ?? Wouldn’t it be better to eat food with lots of calories but still take enough protein with other food ?

Also what does carbs do to the body ? (Sorry kind of a beginner in the world of bodybuilding!)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    At 145lbs you will have to gain weight to have the physique you want. That only comes from eating more calories than you burn.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    And what do you consider to be "BIG muscular"?
    Let’s say like a good Michael B. Jordan.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    At 145lbs you will have to gain weight to have the physique you want. That only comes from eating more calories than you burn.
    Would 3500kcal be enough ?

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Masaaassa View Post
    do you gain weight when eating that many calories or not? we can't tell, you have to try it yourself

If that causes you to gain about 2lbs a month, that would be OK.

You won't know until you try... just adjust as you go along.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Let’s say like a good Michael B. Jordan.
    That level of muscularity and leanness is tough to do naturally, but can be done. You'd need have your workout programming and nutrition dialed in along with discipline over some years though.

You should read the stickies on the Nutrition forum page. It'd give you a base level of understanding so you can approach your cals and diet more thoughtfully.

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What does 93/7 mean ?
    93% protein, 7% fat. Most ground meat comes in various ratios of protein to fat. 93/7 is fairly high in protein. Most hamburger is 80/20. Hopefully this time next year I'll have 300+ lbs of Colorado elk meat in my freezer.

ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ckkon has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    93% protein, 7% fat. Most ground meat comes in various ratios of protein to fat. 93/7 is fairly high in protein. Most hamburger is 80/20. Hopefully this time next year I'll have 300+ lbs of Colorado elk meat in my freezer.
    But what about the digestive system, how long will it last to process it?