krish171 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I’m confused how to use this protein

Hey this is probably a dumb question i’m new to protein but I got this protein called “Professional muscle advanced mass protein” to build muscle mass and it says as directions

“Mix 60g (approx 3 scoops) of Vital Strength muscle with 400ml of cold milk or water. Best taken 60 minutes before and within 30minutes of training”

Am i suppose to drink 200Ml milk and 1.5 scoops 60 minutes before the workout then set an alarm for 30 minutes when i start my workout, drink the other half during the workout after 30 minutes? I’m confused because i’ve been reading all these things saying stuff like we shouldn’t drink protein straight after our workouts

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No, it really isn't that crucial to time your protein intake with the precision they are suggesting. As long as you've had a reasonable dose EITHER before or after within an hour or two that's fine. Then spread the rest of your total protein (from both powder and whole foods) into at least 3 widely spaced feeding through the day. That's as close to 'optimal' as it's worth trying to get without inconveniencing your day to day life for no good reason.

krish171 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    No, it really isn't that crucial to time your protein intake with the precision they are suggesting. As long as you've had a reasonable dose EITHER before or after within an hour or two that's fine. Then spread the rest of your total protein (from both powder and whole foods) into at least 3 widely spaced feeding through the day. That's as close to 'optimal' as it's worth trying to get without inconveniencing your day to day life for no good reason.
    Thank you so much, I heard it being more affective if you take it within 20 minutes rather then 1 hour just wondering if you know if this is a myth or I should use that

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by krish171 View Post
    Thank you so much, I heard it being more affective if you take it within 20 minutes rather then 1 hour just wondering if you know if this is a myth or I should use that
    It is a myth. Research has shown that the "anabolic window" of opportunity is much wider than at first though. Also, you have to consider that manufacturers will tell you whatever best suits them - to sell more protein powder...

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Use your protein any time during the day to meet your total macro goal. Try and get it from as many whole food sources as possible using the powder to fill in the gaps. Timing is irrelevant.

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by krish171 View Post
    i’m new to protein
    No, you're not. It's food. Processed, powdered food.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.