Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ha! I guess I’m not looking for tricks, just wondering how I have gotten wheaker? Unless this is just a bad week? I mean work has been very busy and so I’ve been stressed, could that have an impact? Or can this be a recovery issue? My cardio is down because work has been so busy. If I can lift 12 and 11 reps a few weeks ago, today I should be able to match that
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Im running out of "tricks". One of the last few things i can think of is after warmups, do 1 rep of 110% of heavy day weight, to prime the cns. It should make the working weight feel lighter and increase bar speed.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Ha! I guess I’m not looking for tricks, just wondering how I have gotten wheaker? Unless this is just a bad week? I mean work has been very busy and so I’ve been stressed, could that have an impact? Or can this be a recovery issue? My cardio is down because work has been so busy. If I can lift 12 and 11 reps a few weeks ago, today I should be able to match that
    A set to failure, or past failure (a few sloppy reps past when you should have stopped) to significantly fatigue the CNS for the second set. That "shaking" is the cns extending the signal to ANY muscles in the area that might help out, and the CNS needs recovery and gets fatigued as well. So if you are shaking, that means the cns is already fatigued and shot.

Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Is my SLDL form terrible, or am I supposed to feel lower back pain even the day after, every time that I have gone to the gym? This is the only lift that is causing me to have pain the next day lol.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Streetjudas View Post
    Is my SLDL form terrible, or am I supposed to feel lower back pain even the day after, every time that I have gone to the gym? This is the only lift that is causing me to have pain the next day lol.
    Most of the time the SLDL reveals bad form in the row/squat.

Let says worst case scenario you are doing the old school "arnold" version of the SLDL with half your squat working weight. It still shouldnt hurt the next day.

And here is the erector destroyer complete with a row at the end....

Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Most of the time the SLDL reveals bad form in the row/squat.

Let says worst case scenario you are doing the old school "arnold" version of the SLDL with half your squat working weight. It still shouldnt hurt the next day.

And here is the erector destroyer complete with a row at the end....

I mean my squat form is bad. I do however feel like my row form is decent. I just dont bend over as much for SLDL as row. Not sure but I think I am doing something wrong in terms of my form.

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Night. Can you form check my sldl? Been a while and want to make sure I’m not cheating
    https://streamable.com/6ysbvg

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No weight drops for any variants, ever. Weight drops are only for vanilla H/M/L. Autoregulated, 10x3, H/H do not get weight drops
    Wanted to post an update. As I said the first 10x3 was 5 sets of 3. Next "Med" session I got 7 sets of 3, then on my light session I got 10 sets of 3. All at the heavy weight. Seems like this was something my body likes. So I am going to go up 5-10lbs from 200# to 210# maybe. I don't want to go up too much at 51 yo.

Hi Night. Can you form check my sldl? Been a while and want to make sure I’m not cheating
    https://streamable.com/6ysbvg
    You are not cheating. Back,legs, and knee flexion look good. But the weight looks very close to your legs. Ideally it should be hovering over your toes once your have the range to get your back parallel with the floor.

So the only "cheat" would be if you are pushing the weight towards your legs to make it easier, or leaning back (I notices Very little weight on your toes vs keeping the weight mid foot or more) which again would keep the weight more centered.

I guess the worst way to do this is to lean way back to the point you can point your toes up in the air, and then push the weight towards your shins. I see a lot of females doing this on youtube, but that is to get a big butt, not to reenforce the lower back nor finish the hamstrings.
    Thats how they teach to do the "straight legged" in the butts of steel series
    https://thehust.com/6-weeks-butt-wor...one-your-butt/

Originally Posted by gokite View Post
    Wanted to post an update. As I said the first 10x3 was 5 sets of 3. Next "Med" session I got 7 sets of 3, then on my light session I got 10 sets of 3. All at the heavy weight. Seems like this was something my body likes. So I am going to go up 5-10lbs from 200# to 210# maybe. I don't want to go up too much at 51 yo.
    You know you are at the right working weight when the opposite happens, and monday is 9 sets of 3, weds is 7 sets of 3, and friday is 5 sets of 3. Then after the weekend monday gets the 10 sets of 3 and you can bump

Alright good. So just bring the weight out a bit over the toes and I’m good? Maybe this will
    Challenge me more, and I find this one if the least challenging lifts. Although today my hamstrings are in bits! lifts
    You are not cheating. Back,legs, and knee flexion look good. But the weight looks very close to your legs. Ideally it should be hovering over your toes once your have the range to get your back parallel with the floor.

So the only "cheat" would be if you are pushing the weight towards your legs to make it easier, or leaning back (I notices Very little weight on your toes vs keeping the weight mid foot or more) which again would keep the weight more centered.

I guess the worst way to do this is to lean way back to the point you can point your toes up in the air, and then push the weight towards your shins. I see a lot of females doing this on youtube, but that is to get a big butt, not to reenforce the lower back nor finish the hamstrings.
    Thats how they teach to do the "straight legged" in the butts of steel series
    https://thehust.com/6-weeks-butt-wor...one-your-butt/

Alright good. So just bring the weight out a bit over the toes and I’m good? Maybe this will
    Challenge me more, and I find this one if the least challenging lifts. Although today my hamstrings are in bits! lifts
    Yup. Ive seen people naturally a foot away from their shins when back is parallel with the floor in some cases. The heavy weight gives people the ability to "sit back" or lean back, but you shouldnt take up the offer.

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You know you are at the right working weight when the opposite happens, and monday is 9 sets of 3, weds is 7 sets of 3, and friday is 5 sets of 3. Then after the weekend monday gets the 10 sets of 3 and you can bump
    An issue I have is insomnia. I have trouble sleeping. I was getting around 5hrs as I normally do but before the 10x3 I got two days of 7hrs in a row which really helped me hit the full 10. I've had terrible sleeping all my life and tried it all. Nothing seems to help except maybe being physically exhausted. I'm doing 210# now and got 210x3x5 then 210x3x7 and today is a second day of rest because I just finished the light cycle and don't want to overtrain. Tomorrow will be heavy for all lifts and I think I need two days rest before heavy day.

Today I completed cycle 4 and I Passed all lifts! I am so happy as i had struggled last cycle. But man it was hard. That’s the first time on this program I nearly puked! After my row I could see my vision go a bit and managed to sit down in time. I remember starting this program thinking it wasn’t challenging enough, but now it is hard! New weights going into cycle 5 are as follows. In Kg

Squat 70
    Bench 70
    Row 65
    Sldl 67
    OHP 40
    Curl 30
    Calf 30

Should I continue as normal? Can I add in some pull ups to target lats more?

Today I completed cycle 4 and I Passed all lifts! I am so happy as i had struggled last cycle. But man it was hard. That’s the first time on this program I nearly puked! After my row I could see my vision go a bit and managed to sit down in time. I remember starting this program thinking it wasn’t challenging enough, but now it is hard! New weights going into cycle 5 are as follows. In Kg

Squat 70
    Bench 70
    Row 65
    Sldl 67
    OHP 40
    Curl 30
    Calf 30

Should I continue as normal? Can I add in some pull ups to target lats more?
    The row is kinda low to be running pullups if you are just passing. Id throw in some high rep kroc rows. 1 set of around 20-24.

Else you can do pullups, but they would have to be grease-the-groove style where you do half your max every 45-90 minutes throughout the day.

After a google I can’t see how a Kroc row is different to a normal dumbel row?
    The row is kinda low to be running pullups if you are just passing. Id throw in some high rep kroc rows. 1 set of around 20-24.

Else you can do pullups, but they would have to be grease-the-groove style where you do half your max every 45-90 minutes throughout the day.

After a google I can’t see how a Kroc row is different to a normal dumbel row?
    Notice where the free hand is(back supporting), and the feets, along with the massive shoulder drop, and the traditional kroc has the DB dead stop on the ground each rep

Sounds brutal. I’ll add it in. After each workout? Or that’s too much? I’m actually now only 1 maybe two cycles away from body weight bench. Once I cut I should be around 78kg, and my next bump after this cycle will take me to 77kg bench. Squat is currently level with bench, which I know is behind. It’s not from lack of trying, it just seems my weak spot. Would adding in something like split squats help at all? Or it’s not going to increase my back squat?
    Notice where the free hand is(back supporting), and the feets, along with the massive shoulder drop, and the traditional kroc has the DB dead stop on the ground each rep

Sounds brutal. I’ll add it in. After each workout? Or that’s too much? I’m actually now only 1 maybe two cycles away from body weight bench. Once I cut I should be around 78kg, and my next bump after this cycle will take me to 77kg bench. Squat is currently level with bench, which I know is behind. It’s not from lack of trying, it just seems my weak spot. Would adding in something like split squats help at all? Or it’s not going to increase my back squat?
    Split squats is a quad exercise, most dont need it for squatting. You program them in if you start getting "squat goodmornings". I need to do them, but thats just because i have a semi permanent outer quad injury/weakness. Currently i dont do them, but do box squats instead which is easier on the quads but has less working weight.

But yea krocs can be at the end of any workout that you feel fresh at the end, its just more volume.

For squats, i normally just tell people to try a few reps of 110% of heavy day, which is just next cycles working weight

Yeah you’ve told me this before about 110% squat. For some reason I keep avoiding it. Do you think I should try Kroc and the 110% squat? Or am I better off just focusing on the squats?
    Split squats is a quad exercise, most dont need it for squatting. You program them in if you start getting "squat goodmornings". I need to do them, but thats just because i have a semi permanent outer quad injury/weakness. Currently i dont do them, but do box squats instead which is easier on the quads but has less working weight.

But yea krocs can be at the end of any workout that you feel fresh at the end, its just more volume.

For squats, i normally just tell people to try a few reps of 110% of heavy day, which is just next cycles working weight

Yeah you’ve told me this before about 110% squat. For some reason I keep avoiding it. Do you think I should try Kroc and the 110% squat? Or am I better off just focusing on the squats?
    One shouldnt affect the other. Its all based on fatigue buildup and recovery. If you have recovery issues, you wont be able to add more volume, else it will cause a stall. But if you are feeling perky, then you are free to add more volume at the end of every workout.

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post SLDL question

Hey Night i have another SLDL question. I have the form down to the best of my ability, but I can only really feel the hamstring stretch at the bottom in one leg. Is this just because that hamstring is tighter, or is it more likely that my hips are slightly off alignment causing this?

Originally Posted by neuralfusion011 View Post
    Hey Night i have another SLDL question. I have the form down to the best of my ability, but I can only really feel the hamstring stretch at the bottom in one leg. Is this just because that hamstring is tighter, or is it more likely that my hips are slightly off alignment causing this?
    Odds are you just have a muscle imbalance. Everyone has a dominant leg, and odds are when you cross your legs one position feels easier than the other.

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

SLDL calf tension

Any idea why I can sometimes feel SLDL primarily in the calves? When I focus on putting more weight into heels I can feel it more in hamstrings. Does this just mean my weight is too far on my toes (yet heels still on floor) when I can feel it in my calves primarily?

Originally Posted by neuralfusion011 View Post
    Any idea why I can sometimes feel SLDL primarily in the calves? When I focus on putting more weight into heels I can feel it more in hamstrings. Does this just mean my weight is too far on my toes (yet heels still on floor) when I can feel it in my calves primarily?
    Feeling it in the calves is a good sign. If you leaned way back like the women do in the "bun blazers" workouts, i could cut your achilles tendon and you could pretty much still do the movement. But if the weight is more over your toes or farther, then if i cut them, you will fall forward.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi everyone.

So, it's been a while since I've done this routine. I'm looking at doing it again to change things up a bit.

There used to be a link for an excel/spreadsheet that would automatically calculate your weights. Can anyone point me to it please.

Thanks guys
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Finaly gyms are opening back in 2 weeks in quebec. Coming right back at it
    Imma have to either drop a few pounds as im probably 25% bfat ( 5'10 175lbs) or go on maintenance ( not sure tbh)
    When I stoped working out I had stalled a few big lift while doing fierce5 and was planing on to move to an intermediate program, but I was ''bulking'' back then. I wonder If Allpro beginer would be better suited for me? what ya think?

Originally Posted by Blitzilla View Post
    Finaly gyms are opening back in 2 weeks in quebec. Coming right back at it
    Imma have to either drop a few pounds as im probably 25% bfat ( 5'10 175lbs) or go on maintenance ( not sure tbh)
    When I stoped working out I had stalled a few big lift while doing fierce5 and was planing on to move to an intermediate program, but I was ''bulking'' back then. I wonder If Allpro beginer would be better suited for me? what ya think?
    Q10: How do you know when you have "graduated" ALLPRO?
    A: BMI 24@13%BF
    10 reps of BW bench
    10 reps of 1.25x-1.5x BW squats

If you think you are only 10 weeks away from that, i would not run allpro. No point in investing in a program you will run for only 2 cycles. Now if you think you are 5-6 months way, go for it

Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blitzilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Q10: How do you know when you have "graduated" ALLPRO?
    A: BMI 24@13%BF
    10 reps of BW bench
    10 reps of 1.25x-1.5x BW squats

If you think you are only 10 weeks away from that, i would not run allpro. No point in investing in a program you will run for only 2 cycles. Now if you think you are 5-6 months way, go for it
    im no expert in Bf% or Bmi
    When I stopped, I could do 3x5 285lbs @ 175lbs ( probably slightly less fat back then vs now) ,
    Bench I struggled, My max was 3x5 145lbs @ 175lbs and that was a struggle so i think im way further out then 6 month of doing 10 reps of BW ( if ever) I barely ever progressed my bench as a novice? which I kinda dont know why...
    you can assess my B% if you wish on this
    https://ibb.co/0CGhDpY
    https://ibb.co/7tf3pCL
    Last edited by Blitzilla; 03-16-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Originally Posted by Blitzilla View Post
    im no expert in Bf% or Bmi
    When I stopped, I could do 3x5 285lbs @ 175lbs ( probably slightly less fat back then vs now) ,
    Bench I struggled, My max was 3x5 145lbs @ 175lbs and that was a struggle so i think im way further out then 6 month of doing 10 reps of BW ( if ever) I barely ever progressed my bench as a novice? which I kinda dont know why...
    you can assess my B% if you wish on this
    https://ibb.co/0CGhDpY
    https://ibb.co/7tf3pCL
    You look 22-24%. So lets crunch some numbers.

175lbs 23%
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

134.8 LBS lean mass

You want to be 165lbs with about 10lbs more muscle. Thats going to be a lot of work...

Personally i like to have people drop the weight up front as fast as possible. This allows them to "see" the muscle growth later on, vs just watching your meat tubes get thicker.

So that would be losing about 5kg over 2 cycles (10 weeks) while running allpro with a goal of always getting the reps in on 10 rep week and before. And odds are failing 11 and 12 rep week, but giving it your best shot.

At the end of it, you would have increased your power to weight ratio, which is still progress.

After the 2 cycles you can reevaluate if you want to lose an other cycle or 2 at a slower pace to get flexed abs, or start a lean bulk.

But the rule on allpro is you must be going up or down at least 1kg per cycle. You can not "recomp" on allpro.

You look 22-24%. So lets crunch some numbers.

175lbs 23%
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lbm_calculator.htm

134.8 LBS lean mass

You want to be 165lbs with about 10lbs more muscle. Thats going to be a lot of work...

Personally i like to have people drop the weight up front as fast as possible. This allows them to "see" the muscle growth later on, vs just watching your meat tubes get thicker.

So that would be losing about 5kg over 2 cycles (10 weeks) while running allpro with a goal of always getting the reps in on 10 rep week and before. And odds are failing 11 and 12 rep week, but giving it your best shot.

At the end of it, you would have increased your power to weight ratio, which is still progress.

After the 2 cycles you can reevaluate if you want to lose an other cycle or 2 at a slower pace to get flexed abs, or start a lean bulk.

But the rule on allpro is you must be going up or down at least 1kg per cycle. You can not "recomp" on allpro.
    Why is that recomp not working? So allnin all allpro should be good for me id assume.

As for reference this is me ~9 years ago , age 25 id assume thats close to 13% ? Wonder how far removed i am feom this
    https://ibb.co/qDk8p6w