Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so today I completed cycle 2. Really happy to say that I passed on all lifts! I’ve been on a slow bulk and found this cycle much easier. Although today was very hard. I have added 1.5kg in weight so scales are going up which is good. Should I keep calories the same? Or do I need to increase slightly again? Should I add an accessory into my 3rd cycle? Below are my new lifting weights. I’ve also linked below progress photos from beginning of cycle 1 to end of cycle 2

Bench 66kg
    Squat 68kg
    Row 60kg
    OHP 35kg
    Sldl 68
    Ezbar 25kg
    Calf machine 120kg

https://ibb.co/16pdJDQ
    https://ibb.co/dGKSrXm

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Ok so today I completed cycle 2. Really happy to say that I passed on all lifts! I’ve been on a slow bulk and found this cycle much easier. Although today was very hard. I have added 1.5kg in weight so scales are going up which is good. Should I keep calories the same? Or do I need to increase slightly again? Should I add an accessory into my 3rd cycle? Below are my new lifting weights. I’ve also linked below progress photos from beginning of cycle 1 to end of cycle 2

Bench 66kg
    Squat 68kg
    Row 60kg
    OHP 35kg
    Sldl 68
    Ezbar 25kg
    Calf machine 120kg

https://ibb.co/16pdJDQ
    https://ibb.co/dGKSrXm
    Squat is a bit low. At the end of the workout you could do 1 set of 110% heavy day working weight, to get in around 4-5 reps. Or you could high bar box squat your heavy day working weight for 1 set. Or you could pause squat your heavy day working weight for 4-5 seconds for one set. Aka im only looking for a bout 15 extra reps of volume per week.

But i would no change diet etc, you seem to be doing good. You would only need to up the calories if the cycle gets very difficult, or you want to try for 15-20% bumps etc. Human muscle is only 900 cals per pound, and less than 150g of protein. So it takes very little extra cals to grow. The extra cals are to help performance and recovery.

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok that’s great. And OHP Is ok? Thought that may be low too. If doing the 100% of heavy, am I also adding this on medium and light day at 110%?

What’s the purpose of doing this? Is it the hope I can bump it more than 10% next cycle?

With squat my form looks fine, but my mind while squatting is all over the place. Like where am I pushing from. I’ve watched so many videos but still question if it’s right. Any good cues?

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Squat is a bit low. At the end of the workout you could do 1 set of 110% heavy day working weight, to get in around 4-5 reps. Or you could high bar box squat your heavy day working weight for 1 set. Or you could pause squat your heavy day working weight for 4-5 seconds for one set. Aka im only looking for a bout 15 extra reps of volume per week.

But i would no change diet etc, you seem to be doing good. You would only need to up the calories if the cycle gets very difficult, or you want to try for 15-20% bumps etc. Human muscle is only 900 cals per pound, and less than 150g of protein. So it takes very little extra cals to grow. The extra cals are to help performance and recovery.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ok that’s great. And OHP Is ok? Thought that may be low too. If doing the 100% of heavy, am I also adding this on medium and light day at 110%?

What’s the purpose of doing this? Is it the hope I can bump it more than 10% next cycle?

With squat my form looks fine, but my mind while squatting is all over the place. Like where am I pushing from. I’ve watched so many videos but still question if it’s right. Any good cues?
    squat should be 25-50% higher than bench. OHP will be out of spec if you pass bench but fail OHP.

Yes this accessory should be done for the same weight, all 3 days of the week. You dont have to up the reps each week.

The point of the accessory is to increase power and prepare you for next cycle so the bump doesnt seem so scary. I mean if you are squatting next cycles bump weight for 4-5 reps all cycle, then 8-10 reps next cycle should be cake. And since its heavy, you wont be able to dog the weight just to get the reps higher. You will either push your brains out, or wont have enough momentum to lock out.

As for cues. Most people want to get the bar "up" which makes them lose tension at the bottom. So try to keep the same back angle for 75-85% of the lift, if your back angle is changing, your losing efficiency. If you are lowbaring some can even keep the same angle almost 100% of the time. The other problem is most people stall right above parallel. Wiggling the knees inward a bit, and then outward once you are over the hump, is a legit practice. As for squatting tutorials, "the ultimate box squat tutorial" and powerliftingtowin, but it appears izzy went off the radar and took his site with him

But any high bar squat or acceleration squat tutorial should have some good cues, vs "powerlifting" that is just going to have cues for 1 very slow rep.

Watching an Alan thrall video just now and I think I’m actually doing low bar squats. He suggests that these are more ham Dominant and that might explain why I’m Not progressing with my quads? I’ll have to film it Wednesday and see
    squat should be 25-50% higher than bench. OHP will be out of spec if you pass bench but fail OHP.

Yes this accessory should be done for the same weight, all 3 days of the week. You dont have to up the reps each week.

The point of the accessory is to increase power and prepare you for next cycle so the bump doesnt seem so scary. I mean if you are squatting next cycles bump weight for 4-5 reps all cycle, then 8-10 reps next cycle should be cake. And since its heavy, you wont be able to dog the weight just to get the reps higher. You will either push your brains out, or wont have enough momentum to lock out.

As for cues. Most people want to get the bar "up" which makes them lose tension at the bottom. So try to keep the same back angle for 75-85% of the lift, if your back angle is changing, your losing efficiency. If you are lowbaring some can even keep the same angle almost 100% of the time. The other problem is most people stall right above parallel. Wiggling the knees inward a bit, and then outward once you are over the hump, is a legit practice. As for squatting tutorials, "the ultimate box squat tutorial" and powerliftingtowin, but it appears izzy went off the radar and took his site with him

But any high bar squat or acceleration squat tutorial should have some good cues, vs "powerlifting" that is just going to have cues for 1 very slow rep.

Watching an Alan thrall video just now and I think I’m actually doing low bar squats. He suggests that these are more ham Dominant and that might explain why I’m Not progressing with my quads? I’ll have to film it Wednesday and see
    Low bar is incredibly hip dominant. Low bar is not recommended since we already have SLDL. You can still do it since we are splitting hairs at this point, but you may want to do some leg presses if you are a natural low bar lifter, and are not getting full quads.

I’m learning so much on this program. Is there any harm in switching over to high bar? I’ll film tomorrow and see what I’m doing
    Low bar is incredibly hip dominant. Low bar is not recommended since we already have SLDL. You can still do it since we are splitting hairs at this point, but you may want to do some leg presses if you are a natural low bar lifter, and are not getting full quads.

I’m learning so much on this program. Is there any harm in switching over to high bar? I’ll film tomorrow and see what I’m doing
    High bar will be a bit tougher for most people. There are some people that compete with high bar because its easier for them vs low bar. But most can lift at least 5% more going low bar. So id just do a 10 rep test and use that for the new working weight. You dont have to restart the cycle or anything since you have some fatigue built up already.

Well I just completed a cycle anyway, so it’s a good time to change it up now. Just had a look and I have been low bar squatting. I can’t believe how different it is with the bar just a few inches higher. Just did a test. Switching from low bar to high bar will put me down to 62kf for the new cycle.
    High bar will be a bit tougher for most people. There are some people that compete with high bar because its easier for them vs low bar. But most can lift at least 5% more going low bar. So id just do a 10 rep test and use that for the new working weight. You dont have to restart the cycle or anything since you have some fatigue built up already.

Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello! Im a beginner looking to start this program in a bulk but theres some things I dont get about it.

1. Allpro routine call for H/M/L days. Why not H/L/M that seems the normal?
    2. Why auto regulated and butchered versions call it for Heavy all days? Isn't it going against that purpose?
    3. For last, what your thoughs doing Heavy Light and Heavy again to shorten progression but not get too taxing?

Originally Posted by Matusalem View Post
    Hello! Im a beginner looking to start this program in a bulk but theres some things I dont get about it.

1. Allpro routine call for H/M/L days. Why not H/L/M that seems the normal?
    2. Why auto regulated and butchered versions call it for Heavy all days? Isn't it going against that purpose?
    3. For last, what your thoughs doing Heavy Light and Heavy again to shorten progression but not get too taxing?
    1) The joke is "if you can go heavy 3 times a week, you are not going heavy enough". Heavy fatigues you for medium. medium is the hardest day of the week because you are not recovered from heavy. Light day is a mini deload for your connective tissue because allpro does not have a deload protocol

2) In auto regulated the reps will drop as the week goes on and fatigue builds up. It should be impossible to get the same amount of reps friday as monday. I dont support butchered, just linked to it for reference.

3) "heavy day light day" is an intermediate pattern, and requires different rep ranges and exercises each day.

If you want to run at "max progression" bulk and run auto regulated. You may find you pass/bump the weight once a week or every 2 weeks for a while.

Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matusalem is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1) The joke is "if you can go heavy 3 times a week, you are not going heavy enough". Heavy fatigues you for medium. medium is the hardest day of the week because you are not recovered from heavy. Light day is a mini deload for your connective tissue because allpro does not have a deload protocol

2) In auto regulated the reps will drop as the week goes on and fatigue builds up. It should be impossible to get the same amount of reps friday as monday. I dont support butchered, just linked to it for reference.

3) "heavy day light day" is an intermediate pattern, and requires different rep ranges and exercises each day.

If you want to run at "max progression" bulk and run auto regulated. You may find you pass/bump the weight once a week or every 2 weeks for a while.
    Ty for answer!

I'll actually continue with normal progression to get the feeling of it then autoregulate because i think my squat is not what it should be. (im scared cause of past injury lol)

But I wonder what you mean by this "intermediate pattern", what a program like this would look like?

So next week I should be starting 8 rep week for my new cycle.

I’m thinking of not going to the gym that week, just to reduce COVID exposure before Christmas and seeing family. I could do a few press ups and pull ups at home maybe, or should I think about a complete week off as a full deload?

And then where to start when I come back the week after Christmas?

So next week I should be starting 8 rep week for my new cycle.

I’m thinking of not going to the gym that week, just to reduce COVID exposure before Christmas and seeing family. I could do a few press ups and pull ups at home maybe, or should I think about a complete week off as a full deload?

And then where to start when I come back the week after Christmas?
    You dont need a deload, if you want to do some GPP or body weight stuff go for it. If you are off for more than 2 week, i recommend starting with a 7 rep week to extend the cycle to 6 weeks.

Ty for answer!

I'll actually continue with normal progression to get the feeling of it then autoregulate because i think my squat is not what it should be. (im scared cause of past injury lol)

But I wonder what you mean by this "intermediate pattern", what a program like this would look like?
    An intermediate pattern would have a heavy low rep day, followed by a light high rep day. This way your cns can be recovering while you do the high rep work, and your muscle fatigue(from volum) can recover while doing the low rep work.

I’ll only not being going for 1 week. If I did some body weight stuff, should I start back on 8 rep week?
    You dont need a deload, if you want to do some GPP or body weight stuff go for it. If you are off for more than 2 week, i recommend starting with a 7 rep week to extend the cycle to 6 weeks.

I’ll only not being going for 1 week. If I did some body weight stuff, should I start back on 8 rep week?
    If its 2 weeks or less of sitting around, you dont need to do the 7 rep week.

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also feeling slightly under the weather today.
    Yesterday I was on three days in a row of less than 5hrs sleep and had my heavy 12 rep day. I got to the OHP and ran outta gas. I passed the first three but only got 9 on my first set of 115lbs OHP and last week got 11 reps twice no problem. So what did I do? I ... STOPPED! I decided to wait one day and do the next half of the workout after getting some sleep. I got 7 hours last night and nailed both sets of 12 for OHP this AM, and all the rest of the sets, while fasted. Then had some oatmeal with banana and three eggs on top.

I had to do the lifts out of sequence and squat was last. I’m guessing that was a bad idea, but I waiting 30 minutes already at that point.
    Gym started new policy last month you have to wear the mask WHILE working out. I bought a rack (had a bar already) and some weights. Now I am 100% self sufficient at home. I have some bands already and a 0-52.5 lbs bowflex adjustable DB set (as well as a set of gymastics rings). I suggest looking into getting self-sufficient without the gym. No waiting, no hassle and NO MASK! I can barely catch my breath after a set of 12 heavy I can't imaging being forced to wear a muzzle and lift weights. Retarded. We all need to take the mask off. I don't wear it anywhere and when I workout I don't need to feel the pressure from constant arguing and bickering with the constant revolving door of temp gym employees bc the owner is too chicken**** to show up.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In...I was wondering wth happened to AllPro thread.

Hey night, if you remember, I was doing Allpro and moved to greyskull cuz allpro was burying me - why do weights feel heavy even if I reset the weights?

Like I deadlifted 195x4 last week. And reset it down to 175x5 this week. A month ago on amrap set I did 175x8 but even 175x5 was hard this week. Why would that be?

This was true for deadlifts and squat both...

Am I atrophying or recovery is shot?
    **^^ gone ^^**

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    why do weights feel heavy even if I reset the weights?

Well the weight should increase, but, maybe you aren't eating enough or getting enough rest?

In...I was wondering wth happened to AllPro thread.

Hey night, if you remember, I was doing Allpro and moved to greyskull cuz allpro was burying me - why do weights feel heavy even if I reset the weights?

Like I deadlifted 195x4 last week. And reset it down to 175x5 this week. A month ago on amrap set I did 175x8 but even 175x5 was hard this week. Why would that be?

This was true for deadlifts and squat both...

Math is math, if you adjust 10%, your reps should have gone up or down 4 reps. So if you failed 195x4, the 175 should have been around 8 or even 9.

Id do a true deload week. Do same amount of sets, for half the normal weight, for 5 reps. Then next week try for 195 again.

But on greyskull the "volume" should never go down. You are always hitting a PR on the reps per weight. So that 175 should have had way more reps than the first time you did 175. And when you work up to 195 again, it should be way more than 4.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Math is math, if you adjust 10%, your reps should have gone up or down 4 reps. So if you failed 195x4, the 175 should have been around 8 or even 9.

Id do a true deload week. Do same amount of sets, for half the normal weight, for 5 reps. Then next week try for 195 again.

But on greyskull the "volume" should never go down. You are always hitting a PR on the reps per weight. So that 175 should have had way more reps than the first time you did 175. And when you work up to 195 again, it should be way more than 4.
    Such a deload historically does not work very well for me.

If I take a week off for vacation (no lifting whatsoever), when I come back I loose like 15% of my strength.

If I reduce weight 50% and do same sets and reps next workout the weights feel very heavy.

How should my deload look if I want to keep the same weight on the bar?

I’m starting to feel I’m not cut out for body Builduing. Gaining strength has been a challenge and keep going backwards after making progress (e.g. I’d go from 165x5 deadlift to 195x4. And then reset to 175 but even 175x5 feels heavy (REP 10 @ 5th rep) when I could do 175x8 at RPE 9 last time I passed 175lbs. What is this? Need deload eh?

Thank you sir!

Why am I not finding this to work for me? This is exactly what I was expecting when I pulled 175lbs but the 5th rep even on 1st set felt hard. Maybe it was RPE 9. But 3rd set definitely was RPE 10 at 175lbs.

Why would this be? Did I loose muscle somehow when i pulled 195x4 (that was RPE 9.5)
    **^^ gone ^^**

Hey, I need some consideration about what to do. I actually changed my mind after seeim a nutritionist and started cutting mid first cycle to get that 13% bf. I'm at 73kg and close to 21% bf. ;-;

My lifts are not great but I calculated my 10RM based on my 3x5 record.
    (this is my skinnyfat curse)
    Squats - 45kg
    Bench Presses - 40kg
    Bent-Over Rows - 40kg
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 20kg (actually should be 26, but doing it after bench was kinda hard)
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 40kg (never did it, but weight seems ok)
    Barbell Curls - 17,5kg
    Calf Raises - 80kg (horizontal leg press machine)

So today, at 10 rep week, my lifts felt like ****. Bench I really struggled to get last rep. Row just stalled hard, did 10 than 8. And SLDL, my boy, my grip failed mid 6 rep on last set (probably sore after rows).

Questions:
    1. Is this routine really right for me? Or should I go back to strenght ones?
    2. If right, should I start agains and lower my weights? Or just continue grinding this to cycle 2?
    3. Random question about nightanole diet considerations: Is only 100g protein enough to maintain mass while cutting? Everywhere I look it calls for at least 1,8g per bodyweight.

Gyms closed again!

Why does 60kg at home feel way heavier than at the gym?

Last week bench 60kg on test and easy 12 reps. At home hard after 8. This must be physiological?

Only difference is I’m training outside at home, and the bar is thinner

Oboy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Equivalent dumbell weight and adjusting reps

Hi,

So I've been following the allpro programs for a bit more than a year now. I found the help here very good and liking my progress so far.

My gym will close for one month or two and I'm trying to continue building muscles with the bench (can incline but not decline) and dumbells I have (I've very limited... I only have 2 dumbells of 14kg)

Would you guys have any recommendations on a workout program I could make during one or two months, based on my current workout program bellow?

This is my result at cycle 5:

Squats 60kg
    Bench 55kg
    Rows 50kg
    OHP 30kg
    SLDL 50kg
    Preacher Curls 33kg
    DB Calf raises 2x 16kg
    Accessories: Ab machine, Planks, Assisted pull ups

I'm particularly a big fans of the big first three, if I can at least maintain progress on those it would be great... due to the limited DB weight I have, should I just higher the reps (maybe double them)? and should I still use the Heavy / medium (-10%) / light (-20%) patern or use different percentages?
    Any other recommendations or remark are welcome

Thank you

Such a deload historically does not work very well for me.

If I take a week off for vacation (no lifting whatsoever), when I come back I loose like 15% of my strength.

If I reduce weight 50% and do same sets and reps next workout the weights feel very heavy.

How should my deload look if I want to keep the same weight on the bar?

I’m starting to feel I’m not cut out for body Builduing. Gaining strength has been a challenge and keep going backwards after making progress (e.g. I’d go from 165x5 deadlift to 195x4. And then reset to 175 but even 175x5 feels heavy (REP 10 @ 5th rep) when I could do 175x8 at RPE 9 last time I passed 175lbs. What is this? Need deload eh?

Thank you sir!

Why am I not finding this to work for me? This is exactly what I was expecting when I pulled 175lbs but the 5th rep even on 1st set felt hard. Maybe it was RPE 9. But 3rd set definitely was RPE 10 at 175lbs.

Why would this be? Did I loose muscle somehow when i pulled 195x4 (that was RPE 9.5)
    I think you have too much fatigue build up. If doing half weight doesnt work for you, then just do the opposite. 85-90% of 1 rep max for 2 sets. It should end up 2 or 3 reps. If that feels good, just do it all week without progression.

If that doesnt work for you, then you might have to try out 5/3/1 with the BBB lift on opposite days.

Hey, I need some consideration about what to do. I actually changed my mind after seeim a nutritionist and started cutting mid first cycle to get that 13% bf. I'm at 73kg and close to 21% bf. ;-;

My lifts are not great but I calculated my 10RM based on my 3x5 record.
    (this is my skinnyfat curse)
    Squats - 45kg
    Bench Presses - 40kg
    Bent-Over Rows - 40kg
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 20kg (actually should be 26, but doing it after bench was kinda hard)
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 40kg (never did it, but weight seems ok)
    Barbell Curls - 17,5kg
    Calf Raises - 80kg (horizontal leg press machine)

So today, at 10 rep week, my lifts felt like ****. Bench I really struggled to get last rep. Row just stalled hard, did 10 than 8. And SLDL, my boy, my grip failed mid 6 rep on last set (probably sore after rows).

Questions:
    1. Is this routine really right for me? Or should I go back to strenght ones?
    2. If right, should I start agains and lower my weights? Or just continue grinding this to cycle 2?
    3. Random question about nightanole diet considerations: Is only 100g protein enough to maintain mass while cutting? Everywhere I look it calls for at least 1,8g per bodyweight.
    Odds are you started a bit too high, using your 5 rep to recalculate will do that.

My advice is to drop everything 5% since its your first cycle.

Then you have a decision to make. Do a deep cut and just try to under eat to the point you are only missing reps on 11-12 rep weeks. or do a shallow cut and undereat to the point you pass every other cycle, and are at least getting in all the reps on 11 rep heavy day.

Gyms closed again!

Why does 60kg at home feel way heavier than at the gym?

Last week bench 60kg on test and easy 12 reps. At home hard after 8. This must be physiological?

Only difference is I’m training outside at home, and the bar is thinner
    Are you really sure the bar and weights are correct? Ive seen bar weights all over the place, my olympic ones vary 10kg from lightest to heaviest. And weights are not calibrated, so a "45" is +- 2kg.

Originally Posted by Oboy5 View Post
    Hi,

So I've been following the allpro programs for a bit more than a year now. I found the help here very good and liking my progress so far.

My gym will close for one month or two and I'm trying to continue building muscles with the bench (can incline but not decline) and dumbells I have (I've very limited... I only have 2 dumbells of 14kg)

Would you guys have any recommendations on a workout program I could make during one or two months, based on my current workout program bellow?

This is my result at cycle 5:

Squats 60kg
    Bench 55kg
    Rows 50kg
    OHP 30kg
    SLDL 50kg
    Preacher Curls 33kg
    DB Calf raises 2x 16kg
    Accessories: Ab machine, Planks, Assisted pull ups

I'm particularly a big fans of the big first three, if I can at least maintain progress on those it would be great... due to the limited DB weight I have, should I just higher the reps (maybe double them)? and should I still use the Heavy / medium (-10%) / light (-20%) patern or use different percentages?
    Any other recommendations or remark are welcome

Thank you
    so you only have 28kg of weight, and are trying to use that on lifts that are 50-60kg

Honestly i would just switch to chinups and dips. even weighted. You could even use my 10 sets of 3 pattern for progression.

But with that little of weight, you would have to do something like 2 or 3 AMRAP RPE 9 sets if you want to use them. AKA you need to goto form failure every set with the high rep stuff.

I think you have too much fatigue build up. If doing half weight doesnt work for you, then just do the opposite. 85-90% of 1 rep max for 2 sets. It should end up 2 or 3 reps. If that feels good, just do it all week without progression.

If that doesnt work for you, then you might have to try out 5/3/1 with the BBB lift on opposite days.
    I’m gonna do it for a week 3 workouts and next week if I’m able to pull 175x8 or more or 195x5 I’ll have to come find you and give you a kiss no homo

I’ve been so frustrated going back and forth with progress. This is the fourth or so time I’ll be passing 175lbs in the last 1.5 years. Max I done is 205x5 or 215x4 many months ago. Same story with bench. I get stuck or injured at 135lbsx5 and reset back and stuff.

I hope this does the trick.

Thank you sir
    **^^ gone ^^**