Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Registered User ijustbluemyself's Avatar
    ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ijustbluemyself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    OP has the correct version for this program. There are at least 3 versions i know of. You could say we want the hamstring version.

Scottherman on youtube has the correct version. If it matches OPs description, its the video to use.

But there is also the "spinal erectors" version that you see pictures of Arnold doing. And there is another version that is basically a slow eccentric rep traditional deadlift. It pretty much is (or totally is) a RDL.

If you still cant nail down the form in your mind, its basically an AmericanDeadlift...

The only difference is you should (over time) be going much lower, and have the bar more over toes ( you notice the model has the bar so close to his shins at the bottom that he has to lift his toes to keep balance). Due to these slight differences, the American is a bit more butt, and a bit less ham.
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Working from my home office for the past year, sitting in an office chair with terrible posture for 11h/day, most exercise I get is going from my office down the stairs to my kitchen and back has my hip flexors tight as ****, my spinal erectors practically atrophied, and my hamstrings crispy as potato chips. Really looking to nail all form to the very best of my ability and this helps me so much as I start this program.

Thanks again so much.

Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Maybe a stupid question but I feel the need to ask lol. So I have been working on non consecutive days: Mon, Wed and Fri. I will not have time to go tomorrow but I will be able to on saturday. Obviously this would still count as non consecutive day, but I just need reassuring that skipping a day one time is fine? Or will me doing the last day on saturday this week as opposed to friday make any sort of difference?

Bogladon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In the almost 10 years ive helped this thread, this is the most confused person yet...

Ok baby steps

First week is 8 reps of heavy /medium/light
    second week is 9 reps
    3rd week is 10 reps
    4th is 11 reps
    " it is in your best interest NOT to try and force all reps in and go to failure for the above weeks, if you dont think you can make it due to lack of sleep etc, stop the set early. missed reps will bury you in fatigue"

5th week heavy day is "test day". Its the only session where all reps count. If you get all reps comfortably, you bump heavy day by "at least" 10% and next week go back down to 8 reps. If you do the effort math, 2 sets of 12 @100% is the same as 2 sets of 9 @ 110%, we just give you 1 8 rep week to get used to the new weight.

5th week medium and light day working weights are still the same as 4th week, just 12 reps

Now if you just bump 10%, the new math is easy, last cycles heavy day is now this cycles medium day. Last cycles medium day is now this cycles light day.

So n00bs can double the squat weight in 3 cycles just by learning the lift and fixing imbalances, if they start off with 55lbs or even a bare 45lb bar. Obviously if they have some lifting time under their belt and start with body weight, they are not doubling in 3 cycles, odds are they will fail every other cycle even with 10% bumps.
    bahaha ok thanks. So funny story. I actually completed my Week 1 5th session yesterday and did 12 reps on my medium day, hitting them all except for OHP. I thought I almost beat my test day haha.

I seem to struggle with OHP after bent over rows, it feels like bent over rows really target my shoulders so that they are burned out for the OHP. Is this normal?

And just to be clear, if I fail even ONE lift on my 5th week heavy test day, I must keep EVERY lift the same weight, right? It's not like I can just keep the lift I failed the same, while increasing the others by 10% right?

Thanks again! This should be my last question for you sorry they are dumb

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Streetjudas View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but I feel the need to ask lol. So I have been working on non consecutive days: Mon, Wed and Fri. I will not have time to go tomorrow but I will be able to on saturday. Obviously this would still count as non consecutive day, but I just need reassuring that skipping a day one time is fine? Or will me doing the last day on saturday this week as opposed to friday make any sort of difference?
    the only "rule" is 72 hours rest before any heavy day. On rough weeks you can also just do 2 heavy sessions, again at least 72 hours apart. And you can skip a light day or two if you have to.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bogladon View Post
    bahaha ok thanks. So funny story. I actually completed my Week 1 5th session yesterday and did 12 reps on my medium day, hitting them all except for OHP. I thought I almost beat my test day haha.

I seem to struggle with OHP after bent over rows, it feels like bent over rows really target my shoulders so that they are burned out for the OHP. Is this normal?

And just to be clear, if I fail even ONE lift on my 5th week heavy test day, I must keep EVERY lift the same weight, right? It's not like I can just keep the lift I failed the same, while increasing the others by 10% right?

Thanks again! This should be my last question for you sorry they are dumb
    You are free to rearrange the session as needed to work in at the gym. Its just organized so you dont hit the same muscle group back to back, so you can get in and out in about 45 minutes if you are good.

The bench/row/squat need to be done first in no particular order, followed by the rest in no particular order.

allpro V1 had warmups for every lift, this caused stalls in the OHP, so thats why only the first 3 lifts have warmups.

As for test day, LIFTS you get 2 sets of 12 on, you pass, and can bump next cycle. LIFTS you miss reps on, you repeat next cycle with the same working weight. So it might be a case were you pass bench and fail OHP, and then next cycle pass OHP and fail bench. But test day is not all or nothing.

Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000) Streetjudas is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I am curious. Theoretically what would happen if you did heavy days 3 days per week if you could manage to do the new rep on the week after? Is there a downside to do it rather than lighter workout every day durnig the week?

I am curious. Theoretically what would happen if you did heavy days 3 days per week if you could manage to do the new rep on the week after? Is there a downside to do it rather than lighter workout every day durnig the week?
    The joke is "if you can do 3 heavies a week, you are not going heavy enough".

Think about 3x5 and 5x5 training, they go UP in working weight as the week goes on. So does that mean monday was too light, and they should have used a weight so heavy they would fail if they added another 5-10lbs?

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First one is allpro "auto regulated". 2 AMRAP sets with 90 seconds or less rest, and i would add a 3rd set since you are at least an advanced novice, the 3rd set is just for volume, you dont have to track it. Once the combined rep total of the first 2 sets gets to at least 24 reps, you bump the weight 5-10% to knock you down to 12-16 reps again.
    Two questions on this one.
    1) is the weight of the 3rd (for volume) set the same as the working weight?
    2) Am I still using a progression of working weight on this three times a week heavy, med and light?

I was thinking about doing a 5x5 heavy, 2x(8/9/10/11/12) medium and then a 4x10 EMOM light for the progression. Changing it up somehow after this progression.

The second pattern is the "10 sets of 3". You do sets of 3 using your current working weight, with 30 seconds of rest. you stop when you get a sloooooow rep with good form. Once you can get in all 10 sets (takes 7-10 minutes depending on the lift) you bump 5-10%, to knock the set total down to 5-6 sets again.
    I assume again I am doing this three times a week Heavy, Med and Light using the standard working weight as before?
    The TEST is getting 10x3 of the HEAVY right? Seems obvious.

Thank you for all your input! Awesome of you to do this for the community.
    Last edited by gokite; 02-06-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Originally Posted by gokite View Post
    Two questions on this one.
    1) is the weight of the 3rd (for volume) set the same as the working weight?
    2) Am I still using a progression of working weight on this three times a week heavy, med and light?

I was thinking about doing a 5x5 heavy, 2x(8/9/10/11/12) medium and then a 4x10 EMOM light for the progression. Changing it up somehow after this progression.

I assume again I am doing this three times a week Heavy, Med and Light using the standard working weight as before?
    The TEST is getting 10x3 of the HEAVY right? Seems obvious.

Thank you for all your input! Awesome of you to do this for the community.
    Both variants are all heavies, same weight all sets. Your rep total will naturally drop during the week as the fatigue builds up, and then after a restful weekend, its hopeful that the next mondays total will be more than the previous.

I do not recommend changing up the pattern THAT much. 5x5 as an advanced novice is not recommended, thats why they burn out after 90 days most of the time. Its better to do the same pattern at least twice a week. If you wanted to mix it up and change the pattern every 5-6 weeks that is fine.

the TEST is getting 24 combined over 2 sets. Normally thats something like 14 reps and 10 reps, its not going to end up 2x12.

Or with the 10x3 pattern, its getting in all 30 reps over 10 sets.

gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10) gokite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Both variants are all heavies, same weight all sets. the TEST is getting 24 combined over 2 sets. Normally thats something like 14 reps and 10 reps, its not going to end up 2x12.

Ok, I just did my lightx8 so I will switch to 10x3 in a couple days report back after a bit. Thanks again.

Dadbod1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay. If My 1RM on my lifts are

Squat 315
    Deadlifts 275
    Bench 205

am I still considered a novice? and if not what type of program should I be doing if anyone has one to recommend?

Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    Okay. If My 1RM on my lifts are

Squat 315
    Deadlifts 275
    Bench 205

am I still considered a novice? and if not what type of program should I be doing if anyone has one to recommend?
    are you 4.7 and 85lbs, or 6.7 and 275?

https://muscleandbrawn.com/bodybuild...tural-lifters/

You are novice till you are "strong"

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright maybe a stupid question, but can you get weaker with this?

Monday 9 rep week start and my bench (which I failed last cycle) and squat (which I passed last cycle) both felt so heavy.

My calories are fine I’m gaining weight. I was maybe a little tired, could that be it?

I missed medium day today because work was too busy, so I think I’ll end up just doing a heavy on Friday, to have two heavies this week?

I already feel like I’ll fail bench again this cycle, unless this is just an off week.

Any suggestions?

BasilFronsac is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has somewhere), but what would be the best possible way to adapt this routine for a home workout using dumbbells? Obviously gyms are closed right now in a lot of places. Thanks!

I feel like I am all over the place on this program so far. I started the 20th last month now. So I am on week four. I am however on 10 reps this week because I couldn't handle 10 reps last week so I did 9 with same weights and this week 10 which I have been able to handle so far on this mon and wed. The problem is that even though I know I am not supposed to increased the weights until the fifth week I have been doing it because the weights that I used now compared to first week, even on "heavy" lift days it barely affects me at all. I don't know if I am just at too high level of a gym where they literally do not have the beginner weights I need.

Every session I have used the empty olympic barbell which weights 45 lbs. This should be what I should only be using on heavy days because I can only use the olympic barbell for bench press. They have a 25 lbs, but for that the weights are either 5.5 lbs (which I use) or 22 lbs. So basically rather than going down from heavy, to medium to light. I have done the 45 lbs barbell for bench press and then the 25 lbs barbell with the two plates that weight 5.5 lbs attached.

I don't know if this basically ruins everything in terms of the program but I definitely have to struggle through it, but I feel like I am seeing a lot of results, especially in the sense that the first week I was able to bench press this empty barbell only 3 sets and 8 reps, and now I am able to do 4 sets and 10 reps like I am supposed to be able to do.

I have literally looked everywhere at the gym for different weights so that I am able to do a medium and a light. the problem is at this stage I feel like there is basically no inbetween. If I would have to use the 25 lbs barbell without any weights on it for either medium or light day, then it feels like it would be a waste of time because I feel like it does absolutely nothing to me. It just feels way too light to make any sort of effect, even for a light day.

Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Alright maybe a stupid question, but can you get weaker with this?

Monday 9 rep week start and my bench (which I failed last cycle) and squat (which I passed last cycle) both felt so heavy.

My calories are fine I’m gaining weight. I was maybe a little tired, could that be it?

I missed medium day today because work was too busy, so I think I’ll end up just doing a heavy on Friday, to have two heavies this week?

I already feel like I’ll fail bench again this cycle, unless this is just an off week.

Any suggestions?
    2 heavies at least 72 hours apart is fine. I call that the holiday schedule.

For a "i think im gona fail bench" accessory i normally recommend a few VERY heavy reps at the end of each workout. Something thats is 115-125% of your heavy day. It could be as simple as 3 sets of 1 with 30 seconds of rest. This seems to true up form on the main bench since it reveals weaknesses. This can be every workout, or just medium/light day if you are gassed on heavy day.

Originally Posted by BasilFronsac View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this has been asked before (I'm sure it has somewhere), but what would be the best possible way to adapt this routine for a home workout using dumbbells? Obviously gyms are closed right now in a lot of places. Thanks!
    Q8: Can I use dumbbells instead of a barbell to perform the exercises in this routine?
    A:db floor press
    goblet squat
    hammer grip rows
    hammer grip SLDL
    seated arnold press

I try to make stickies and faq's...

I feel like I am all over the place on this program so far. I started the 20th last month now. So I am on week four. I am however on 10 reps this week because I couldn't handle 10 reps last week so I did 9 with same weights and this week 10 which I have been able to handle so far on this mon and wed. The problem is that even though I know I am not supposed to increased the weights until the fifth week I have been doing it because the weights that I used now compared to first week, even on "heavy" lift days it barely affects me at all. I don't know if I am just at too high level of a gym where they literally do not have the beginner weights I need.

Every session I have used the empty olympic barbell which weights 45 lbs. This should be what I should only be using on heavy days because I can only use the olympic barbell for bench press. They have a 25 lbs, but for that the weights are either 5.5 lbs (which I use) or 22 lbs. So basically rather than going down from heavy, to medium to light. I have done the 45 lbs barbell for bench press and then the 25 lbs barbell with the two plates that weight 5.5 lbs attached.

I don't know if this basically ruins everything in terms of the program but I definitely have to struggle through it, but I feel like I am seeing a lot of results, especially in the sense that the first week I was able to bench press this empty barbell only 3 sets and 8 reps, and now I am able to do 4 sets and 10 reps like I am supposed to be able to do.

I have literally looked everywhere at the gym for different weights so that I am able to do a medium and a light. the problem is at this stage I feel like there is basically no inbetween. If I would have to use the 25 lbs barbell without any weights on it for either medium or light day, then it feels like it would be a waste of time because I feel like it does absolutely nothing to me. It just feels way too light to make any sort of effect, even for a light day.
    The rules are medium needs to be "at least" 10% lighter than heavy, and light day needs to be "at least" 20% lighter than heavy. I tell people with odd weights to just reduce rest time between sets. So heavy day might be 90 seconds with 45lbs, but 25lb day might only be 15-30 seconds.

Both variants are all heavies, same weight all sets. Your rep total will naturally drop during the week as the fatigue builds up, and then after a restful weekend, its hopeful that the next mondays total will be more than the previous.

I do not recommend changing up the pattern THAT much. 5x5 as an advanced novice is not recommended, thats why they burn out after 90 days most of the time. Its better to do the same pattern at least twice a week. If you wanted to mix it up and change the pattern every 5-6 weeks that is fine.

the TEST is getting 24 combined over 2 sets. Normally thats something like 14 reps and 10 reps, its not going to end up 2x12.

Ok. Heavy x 9 I got 5x3 and the last was a slowww rep so I stopped. Man I thought I'd get more but I will say I feel my chest got worked better. Maybe it's the changeup...? So to confirm, I continue with the same heavy weight for all three days for chest? I do NOT drop the weight 10% for next two.sessions.

Originally Posted by gokite View Post
    Ok. Heavy x 9 I got 5x3 and the last was a slowww rep so I stopped. Man I thought I'd get more but I will say I feel my chest got worked better. Maybe it's the changeup...? So to confirm, I continue with the same heavy weight for all three days for chest? I do NOT drop the weight 10% for next two.sessions.
    No weight drops for any variants, ever. Weight drops are only for vanilla H/M/L. Autoregulated, 10x3, H/H do not get weight drops

letskissbro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it okay to do isolation workouts on rest days or should I be following the program strictly without any added volume? On off days I've been aiming for around 100 pushup, doing lateral raises, curls, and band pull ups. I'm not really following it super strictly or tracking my sets or anything, it's just some added work throughout the day when I'm at home. My legs aren't bad but my upper body is super weak and I'm trying to beat skinny fat at 6'1 165 pounds.

Originally Posted by letskissbro View Post
    Is it okay to do isolation workouts on rest days or should I be following the program strictly without any added volume? On off days I've been aiming for around 100 pushup, doing lateral raises, curls, and band pull ups. I'm not really following it super strictly or tracking my sets or anything, it's just some added work throughout the day when I'm at home. My legs aren't bad but my upper body is super weak and I'm trying to beat skinny fat at 6'1 165 pounds.
    Ideally they should be done directly after the workout so you have max recovery time. You can try it on off days, but if it starts robbing recovery, then what you are doing is "junk volume". But lat raises and high rep hammer curls for shoulder/elbow prehab should be fine. Pushups/pullups are hit or miss. I certainly dont want you squatting with a fatigued core.

Sorry for posting so much in here! So I managed to figure out a way around the issue in regards to weights. I just got through the last day of 10 reps and no problems at all! I was wondering, since I would like to add a 4th day, is it possible for the 4th day to include cardio + ab work? I know you mention to do cardio as well as ab work on off days, but since I am still kind of in the beginning I would like to gradually work myself up to a 5th day, as opposed to instantly taking 5 days a week with 1 day for cardio and 1 day for ab work. If so, do you also have any suggestions as for what should be mixed into this 4th day in order to get the most optimal workout out of both?

Sorry for posting so much in here! So I managed to figure out a way around the issue in regards to weights. I just got through the last day of 10 reps and no problems at all! I was wondering, since I would like to add a 4th day, is it possible for the 4th day to include cardio + ab work? I know you mention to do cardio as well as ab work on off days, but since I am still kind of in the beginning I would like to gradually work myself up to a 5th day, as opposed to instantly taking 5 days a week with 1 day for cardio and 1 day for ab work. If so, do you also have any suggestions as for what should be mixed into this 4th day in order to get the most optimal workout out of both?
    Not real good at programming in extra days. But EVERYTHING should be done before cardio. And cardio should be low intensity steady state, not HIIT.

Not real good at programming in extra days. But EVERYTHING should be done before cardio. And cardio should be low intensity steady state, not HIIT.
    What do you mean with everything should be done before cardio? So the day basically could be 30 min ab work / 20 min low intensity cardio?

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Knee pain update - fixed!

Ive never found a study that says stretching does anything of value. As rippetoe put it "you cant length a muscle without surgery". And to the opposite, we have known for 30 years that static stretching temporarily reduces strength for 10s of minutes.

Im a "heal in motion" kinda guy. Light weight(or no weight) for high reps.

There is 2 things that come to mind you can do.

"bicycles" (where you lay on the floor and prop your butt up with your hands and pretend to ride a bicycle". I think they are also called air bikes etc. You dont want the slow extend leg "crunch" style. You want the fast motion "riding a bicycle" version. a few sets for 2-3 min. Aka a completely unloaded full knee flexion exercise.

The other is to do "band traction" on your ankles for a min or so on each ankle, and then immediately do 10-20 body weight squats. This will teach your CNS that it can lengthen the muscles without worry of damage. This will cause your knees to travel more forward in the squat and have less torque on them. This over time will make your weighted squat easier on your knees.
    Hey night, wanted to update you quick. Turns out all my SLDL knee problems were due to my flat foot. Focusing on screwing my feet into the floor (external hip rotation) fixed all my knee problems! Guess i was subconsciously slightly caving my knees in.

What do you mean with everything should be done before cardio? So the day basically could be 30 min ab work / 20 min low intensity cardio?
    Yes. The day just cant be a 20k bike ride and then 20min of ab work. you can do low intensity for hours, but doing ab work in a fatigued state after cardio (even if cardio was finished a few hours ago) is going to rob recovery.

Yes. The day just cant be a 20k bike ride and then 20min of ab work. you can do low intensity for hours, but doing ab work in a fatigued state after cardio (even if cardio was finished a few hours ago) is going to rob recovery.
    Got it! Thanks yet again, and sorry once again for 1 million questions

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so last week I ended up doing two heavies as suggested. On Friday I was fine with bench 9 and 9 reps.

Today I managed 10 and 6! I really feel like all of a sudden my bench is suffering. My row is also feeling week.

Weirdly my OHP feels strong as does my sldl. My squat has also improved.

I’m pretty sure my bench technique is good, my rack is a little dodgy as it’s home made for while the gym is closed, and I wonder if it’s a bit phycological? I’m sleeping 8-9 hours, calories are good.

It’s just odd as on the last cycle I failed bench on 12 and 11 reps. So I’ve managed this weight before, but suddenly something isn’t right.

I’m not feeling any pain or injury, it just feels heavy

2 heavies at least 72 hours apart is fine. I call that the holiday schedule.

For a "i think im gona fail bench" accessory i normally recommend a few VERY heavy reps at the end of each workout. Something thats is 115-125% of your heavy day. It could be as simple as 3 sets of 1 with 30 seconds of rest. This seems to true up form on the main bench since it reveals weaknesses. This can be every workout, or just medium/light day if you are gassed on heavy day.

Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Ok so last week I ended up doing two heavies as suggested. On Friday I was fine with bench 9 and 9 reps.

Today I managed 10 and 6! I really feel like all of a sudden my bench is suffering. My row is also feeling week.

Weirdly my OHP feels strong as does my sldl. My squat has also improved.

I’m pretty sure my bench technique is good, my rack is a little dodgy as it’s home made for while the gym is closed, and I wonder if it’s a bit phycological? I’m sleeping 8-9 hours, calories are good.

It’s just odd as on the last cycle I failed bench on 12 and 11 reps. So I’ve managed this weight before, but suddenly something isn’t right.

I’m not feeling any pain or injury, it just feels heavy
    Im running out of "tricks". One of the last few things i can think of is after warmups, do 1 rep of 110% of heavy day weight, to prime the cns. It should make the working weight feel lighter and increase bar speed.