Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1060
    jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thank you for such awesome generous support. Rep'd!

I'm adding the push press set to the end. Do I add the 3 rep bench as well or just one of these for now?

This is awesome. I missed chins so this is great news and makes sense

Thank you
    “For new tricks you have to disconnect your brain, to forget that you can fall, and that is the hardest work. Just do it! Don’t care what people think. If you want, you can!” - Sarah Lezito

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jasonp360 View Post
    Thank you for such awesome generous support. Rep'd!

I'm adding the push press set to the end. Do I add the 3 rep bench as well or just one of these for now?

This is awesome. I missed chins so this is great news and makes sense

Thank you
    I would start off with just doing the push press. I dont know why, but monkeying with the OHP in any form seems to cause a stall. Hell in allpro V1.0, even doing warmup sets for the OHP was causing stalls.

Fresh401 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workout template

can someone tell me or show me how i can set up my own workout template . i dont want to pick any ones i have a mixed and matched what will work great for my current goals and want to make my own . the app on my phone it doesnt appear to allow me to create one and the website unless i dont know where it is i am lost

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Fresh401 View Post
    can someone tell me or show me how i can set up my own workout template . i dont want to pick any ones i have a mixed and matched what will work great for my current goals and want to make my own . the app on my phone it doesnt appear to allow me to create one and the website unless i dont know where it is i am lost
    I highly recommend following AllPro or another novice or beginner program as written and only modifying in ways approved by the author. These programs are designed to help inexperienced lifters achieve the best results in the shortest amount of time. Unless you already have years of experience and have developed a solid understanding of programming principles, mixing and matching to achieve what you believe to be optimal based on your own preferences and research almost always leads to less than stellar results.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jasonp360 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fresh401 View Post
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I highly recommend following AllPro or another novice or beginner program as written and only modifying in ways approved by the author. These programs are designed to help inexperienced lifters achieve the best results in the shortest amount of time. Unless you already have years of experience and have developed a solid understanding of programming principles, mixing and matching to achieve what you believe to be optimal based on your own preferences and research almost always leads to less than stellar results.

Here is an excel file attached to this post that I used for All Pro called All-Pro-Beginner-Routine.xlsx. I don't remember where I downloaded the original. NOTE: instead of Curls I've been doing the upright rows per the FAQ Q13 "Curl Bros" located on the first page of this thread. So in my case I just plug in my upright row numbers into the curls area.

@radrd speaks the truth. I messed around for decades before finally giving in and consistently following a program that was good enough for everyone else and chose one that was at my actual level - not at the level of the special person I was in my head.

The excel file:
    Attached Files
    “For new tricks you have to disconnect your brain, to forget that you can fall, and that is the hardest work. Just do it! Don’t care what people think. If you want, you can!” - Sarah Lezito

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    I would start off with just doing the push press. I dont know why, but monkeying with the OHP in any form seems to cause a stall. Hell in allpro V1.0, even doing warmup sets for the OHP was causing stalls.

Welp found my weakness I guess! Push Press has been no joke. No way I could do light bench weight (130) the first time. I dropped down 120 110 etc. until I could do 95 safely 3 reps. Next workout I did 105, today's workout I could do 115 - mostly because I'm learning form and getting there. I know 130 is around the corner. Thank you I love this exercise.

So last week heavy day cycle 4/5 I even failed bench 160 by the 2nd heavy set; and also failed 80 on OHP set 2. I was pissed. I cranked out a couple extra sets for no reason, because, pissed. I also decided for cycle 5/5 to check my ego and drop another 5lbs. F me I'm impatient.

Today was test day and I thought about keeping it at 160 but mentally did not want another fail. So I did only 155 and I "passed" everything. Set 3 of bench the 8th rep was slowwwwww motion but I got it up with good form. Last time I worked out in my 40s I was repping 205. ARGH I'm so impatient. I've never hit 225, that is my goal now. MUST REP 225. If you are in your 30/40s reading this my advice is NEVER STOP get at it and stick with it before you cross the magical "**** I'm not young" line.

6'2" 50yrs old 175lbs

Squat 205 3 x 8 pass! Next up 225!
    Bench 155 3 x 8 pass! Next up 170 (again)!
    Bent Over Row 135 3 x 8 pass! Next up 145!
    OHP 75 2 x 12 pass! Next up 80 (again)!
    SLDL 185 2 x 12 pass! Next up 200!
    Upright Rows 80 2 x 12 pass! Next up 85!
    Calf Raises 225 2 x 12 pass! Next up 245!

I'm leaving for Peru tomorrow and most likely won't be able to workout. I will do lots of walking and hiking, eat right and sleep as much as possible. Can't wait to start the next cycle when I'm back.
    Attached Images

BartAllen2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nightanole, hey there ~

I started the exercises last month, though currently I've had to rely on 2 sessions at the gym per week (that'll change to 3) ~ I went from two 5kg plates on my Squats last week to two 10kg plates this week, but for the Bench and OHP I've gone down the route of an empty Olympic barbell in an attempt to work on my form, so I'm viewing all of this currently as a trial and error display until I fully get into the program ~ But the OHP is one that I can't see myself adding weight because it's awful even with the empty barbell haha! Any tips on that?

I've noticed that Bent-Over Row and the SLD are similar in terms of how you start them: position yourself with the knees straight and the back straight, too. I used two 10kg weights for the SLD but the Barbell Row I had to use 2.5k plates to perfect my form as I felt it heavy when using two 5kg, I'm ashamed to admit. With the Bent Over Rows I'm trying to control the eccentric. I noticed with BORs that instead of bringing the barbell down to the ground, I'm using the slanted path of my thighs so it's not going straight down but diagonally almost outward with arms almost Zombie-like -- I have to fix that.

Thanks again :3
    Last edited by BartAllen2; 04-14-2024 at 09:51 AM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BartAllen2 View Post
    Nightanole, hey there ~

I started the exercises last month, though currently I've had to rely on 2 sessions at the gym per week (that'll change to 3) ~ I went from two 5kg plates on my Squats last week to two 10kg plates this week, but for the Bench and OHP I've gone down the route of an empty Olympic barbell in an attempt to work on my form, so I'm viewing all of this currently as a trial and error display until I fully get into the program ~ But the OHP is one that I can't see myself adding weight because it's awful even with the empty barbell haha! Any tips on that?

I've noticed that Bent-Over Row and the SLD are similar in terms of how you start them: position yourself with the knees straight and the back straight, too. I used two 10kg weights for the SLD but the Barbell Row I had to use 2.5k plates to perfect my form as I felt it heavy when using two 5kg, I'm ashamed to admit. With the Bent Over Rows I'm trying to control the eccentric. I noticed with BORs that instead of bringing the barbell down to the ground, I'm using the slanted path of my thighs so it's not going straight down but diagonally almost outward with arms almost Zombie-like -- I have to fix that.

Thanks again :3
    OHP is very hard to start with if all you have is an Olympic bar thats 20kg. You may want to start with the seated arnold press with dumbells till you can do 55lbs on heavy day. Then medium day would be 50 and light day would just be the bar.

As for your bent over row issue, if its riding your thighs, that normally means you are not bent over enough. Some of us are rowing with back parallel to the floor. If you are at a 45/60 degree angle, its going to be riding your thighs. There is nothing wrong with either. More bent over means more lat, more upright means more upper back. But its all getting worked out. Once you graduate Allpro you typically start doing the penlay row so you can do more frequent traditional deadlifts. But sticking with the allpro row is fine too as it really reenforces the lower back.

BartAllen2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    OHP is very hard to start with if all you have is an Olympic bar thats 20kg. You may want to start with the seated arnold press with dumbells till you can do 55lbs on heavy day. Then medium day would be 50 and light day would just be the bar.

As for your bent over row issue, if its riding your thighs, that normally means you are not bent over enough. Some of us are rowing with back parallel to the floor. If you are at a 45/60 degree angle, its going to be riding your thighs. There is nothing wrong with either. More bent over means more lat, more upright means more upper back. But its all getting worked out. Once you graduate Allpro you typically start doing the penlay row so you can do more frequent traditional deadlifts. But sticking with the allpro row is fine too as it really reenforces the lower back.
    Hey, thanks!

Yeah, I've been able to do 4x8 with an Olympic bar that's 20kg, but I just felt like I wouldn't be able to add weight to it, but I may attempt it when I go to the gym, even if it's 2.5k on each side (as it's my 2nd week at the gym, thus far) ~ But will the seated Arnold press with dumbbells assist with my OHP if I attempt to go back to it on a later date? Also, the heavy and medium would be with dumbbells and the light day would be with the Olympic bar?

Then again I'm just thinking I may have to acquire a calorie surplus, whilst thinking I've just been doing these exercises for just 2 weeks so, perhaps it'll get better?
    Last edited by BartAllen2; 04-15-2024 at 11:30 AM.

Originally Posted by BartAllen2 View Post
    Hey, thanks!

Yeah, I've been able to do 4x8 with an Olympic bar that's 20kg, but I just felt like I wouldn't be able to add weight to it, but I may attempt it when I go to the gym, even if it's 2.5k on each side (as it's my 2nd week at the gym, thus far) ~ But will the seated Arnold press with dumbbells assist with my OHP if I attempt to go back to it on a later date? Also, the heavy and medium would be with dumbbells and the light day would be with the Olympic bar?

Then again I'm just thinking I may have to acquire a calorie surplus, whilst thinking I've just been doing these exercises for just 2 weeks so, perhaps it'll get better?
    You must maintain the same style for the entire cycle. So either all bar OHP or db arnold press.