Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Beeking85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Yes. On test day, any lift you get all 12 reps on both sets, you bump at least 10% next cycle. If you fail to get in 12 reps, you repeat next cycle with the same working weight.
    Alright then, thank you for the quick responses.

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aite here’s a question. How should week one feel after completing a cycle? I know I’ve upped my weights, but today felt HARD. I must admit my head wasn’t straight today, I had a stressful day with work, but man every lift was just really rough today. Maybe just a mental thing? Or this is normal on week 1 while adapting to new weights?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Aite here’s a question. How should week one feel after completing a cycle? I know I’ve upped my weights, but today felt HARD. I must admit my head wasn’t straight today, I had a stressful day with work, but man every lift was just really rough today. Maybe just a mental thing? Or this is normal on week 1 while adapting to new weights?
    There is a reason we give you a week to get used to the new weight. Technically 2 sets of 12 is the same as 2 sets of 9 at 110%. But your cns really doesnt like a heavier weight at first, even if its only for 1 rep.

If you want you can up the carbs 50-100g to get over the hump.

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so it’s normal that today felt horrid? I think I was expecting an easy pass. I’m eating now at 2400’cals. I was maintaining weight at 2200. My protein has been 100-120, fats usually 100 and the rest carbs
    There is a reason we give you a week to get used to the new weight. Technically 2 sets of 12 is the same as 2 sets of 9 at 110%. But your cns really doesnt like a heavier weight at first, even if its only for 1 rep.

If you want you can up the carbs 50-100g to get over the hump.

So it’s almost been a week since I asked a question!

When performing the sldl I can feel a pull in what I think is the bottom of my Lat, or possibly my QL muscle.

My spine is not bent, I know that much. What else could it be?

It’s only while performing the move, not after. And it’s not very painful, just conscious of it in case it could lead to an injury?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So it’s almost been a week since I asked a question!

When performing the sldl I can feel a pull in what I think is the bottom of my Lat, or possibly my QL muscle.

My spine is not bent, I know that much. What else could it be?

It’s only while performing the move, not after. And it’s not very painful, just conscious of it in case it could lead to an injury?
    You should be engaging your lats anyway(try to put your lats in your pockets is a popular cue). But it might be from the Row, and revealed in the SLDL. Or your just a bit sore, a minor tear will heal in 24 hours.

Try doing a close grip chinup, and see if the left feels funnier than the right. But at the end of the day it doesnt matter as long as you are not favoring one side. If it is a tear, you want it to "heal in motion" not rest it.

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But it might be from the Row, and revealed in the SLDL. Or your just a bit sore, a minor tear will heal in 24 hours.
    Heh, I noticed this. Sometimes I feel some discomfort in my right lat during the row, which is exacerbated after finishing the SLDL.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    Heh, I noticed this. Sometimes I feel some discomfort in my right lat during the row, which is exacerbated after finishing the SLDL.
    Then the only bad thing happens if you are shifting the center of the weight towards the good lat to favor the tweaked one. Then you start muscle imbalances.

eemuman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On medium day squat is at X6kg, if that is not possible, would you rather go for X7,5kg or X5kg?

Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    On medium day squat is at X6kg, if that is not possible, would you rather go for X7,5kg or X5kg?
    medium at least 10% lower than heavy
    light at least 20% lower than heavy

You can always make some micro plate from lengths of chain and a carabiner (or zip tie)

Plus rest times are not fixed. So if you have to go down more than 10%, you can just rest less. light day week one some only rest 30 seconds.

UrLocalMilkman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm completely new to this and will be starting this routine sometime in a week.
    To make sure I understand the diet correctly: My BMI is currently sitting around 28.5 and I am in the 5.8 - 6.2 range.
    With that in mind I can use the 100g fat/protein and 2-300g carb setup and adjust the diet until my weight drops roughly 1kg every cycle (3 weeks) starting with either carbs or fat until I reach the target 22-23 BMI range and increase from there.
    Do you have any recommended posts/articles I can look into for proper dieting?

I also don't have access to the gym at the moment so I'm using the dumbbell routine with adjustable dumbbells (Up to 22.5 Kg) for a few months.
    Will I be able to transition to a gym setting without issues once I get to that point?

Originally Posted by UrLocalMilkman View Post
    I'm completely new to this and will be starting this routine sometime in a week.
    To make sure I understand the diet correctly: My BMI is currently sitting around 28.5 and I am in the 5.8 - 6.2 range.
    With that in mind I can use the 100g fat/protein and 2-300g carb setup and adjust the diet until my weight drops roughly 1kg every cycle (3 weeks) starting with either carbs or fat until I reach the target 22-23 BMI range and increase from there.
    Do you have any recommended posts/articles I can look into for proper dieting?

I also don't have access to the gym at the moment so I'm using the dumbbell routine with adjustable dumbbells (Up to 22.5 Kg) for a few months.
    Will I be able to transition to a gym setting without issues once I get to that point?
    HOLLY CRAP SOMEONE READ THE FAQ

Anyways the min diet can be adjusted "up" not down. So if you are not losing weight with 100g f/p and 200g carbs, you need to up the cardio. You cant "perform" while eating like a bird. But if you do the workout and the recommended 2-3 hours of cardio a week should should easily be losing 1-2kg per cycle.

Lets pull some numbers out of my arse and say you need to lose 40lbs, thats about right for going from 28 down to 23, and im going to assume you will gain 5lbs of muscle. And im going to assume this will take 5 cycles (six months)
    So lets make an arse out of u and me...

Lets just say you need to lose 20kg of fat in 6 months.
    that is 3.33kg per month, or about 7.5 lbs a month
    or about 2 pounds a week

This ant gonna happen...

Lets try again with a 9 cycle (1 year) and assume 10lbs of muscle gain
    Now we are talking a more manageable 1.5-1.75kg per cycle
    But wait there's more. For each pound of muscle you gain, your TDEE goes up 60 ish calories. So if you can gain 5lbs of muscle, your daily calorie needs goes up 300 calories. If you gain 10lbs, your daily calories goes up 600 calories. This how those who have "made it" can cut at 3500-4000 cals, because they are walking around with an extra 20-30lbs of muscle.

You can gain muscle and lose fat till you get in the teens of body fat percentage. So some time between 13% and 18%, its going to get really hard to put weight on the bar, and take weight off your arse. But on the other hand 18% is what a lot of football/mma folk run at for peak performance, some even have light abs if they are built like a tank.

Finally you can transition to the gym just fine, if you use the same weights. Its alot easier to use a bar bell vs a dumb bell, you just have to practice the movement for a few sessions before you can barbell more than you can dumbbell.

And for nutrition, i believe i linked to the nutrition section of the forum in the second post, else head there on your own and read some of the stickies.

What I’m finding difficult with diet at the moment is judging the tiny weight gain. I’m looking to gain at 1kg a month roughly. But 1kg is so small that my weight easily fluctuates that much day to day. I’m 74.5kg one day, the next I’m 76.

I maintained weight pretty much on 2200 kcal last cycle and I’ve upped to 2400. But just can’t seem to nail if the weight is going up or not.

I’m weighing myself when I wake up after I take a piss. Is this right?

What I’m finding difficult with diet at the moment is judging the tiny weight gain. I’m looking to gain at 1kg a month roughly. But 1kg is so small that my weight easily fluctuates that much day to day. I’m 74.5kg one day, the next I’m 76.

I maintained weight pretty much on 2200 kcal last cycle and I’ve upped to 2400. But just can’t seem to nail if the weight is going up or not.

I’m weighing myself when I wake up after I take a piss. Is this right?
    This is why i said the min is 1kg up or down. Some folks only want to bulk 12 pounds per year

But generally you just weigh yourself the same day and time each week, and you will see a pattern. I fluctuate 7 pounds a week, but im always the same weight every monday ,every tues, etc, unless its super salty party night. I find weighing at the end of the work week is best, since its more routine vs measuring after every weekend.

Ok that’s really good to hear! I must say I’m loving the extra calories, although it’s hard to get out of the mindset of cutting calories when that’s all I’ve ever done before!

When increasing calories is it best to keep protein at 100 and increase carbs or fats?
    This is why i said the min is 1kg up or down. Some folks only want to bulk 12 pounds per year

But generally you just weigh yourself the same day and time each week, and you will see a pattern. I fluctuate 7 pounds a week, but im always the same weight every monday ,every tues, etc, unless its super salty party night. I find weighing at the end of the work week is best, since its more routine vs measuring after every weekend.

Ok that’s really good to hear! I must say I’m loving the extra calories, although it’s hard to get out of the mindset of cutting calories when that’s all I’ve ever done before!

When increasing calories is it best to keep protein at 100 and increase carbs or fats?
    It really just depends on you. Generally if people are having recovery issues i say up the carbs. But you are perfectly fine doing a double serving of meat or good fats, but some get indigestion. We had a few folks that just got an extra subway double meat foot long, or extra chipotle burrito with sour cream +guac, once a week for the 1200-1500 calorie surplus.

I’m going to get to the 30th of this month and check my weight. Then if it’s not moving enough I’ll up it again. That’s then 2 weeks since starting a new cycle.

Is there any benefits to eating more of your calories on a training day? Or does it make no difference? I’m fairly consistent 2400 each day
    It really just depends on you. Generally if people are having recovery issues i say up the carbs. But you are perfectly fine doing a double serving of meat or good fats, but some get indigestion. We had a few folks that just got an extra subway double meat foot long, or extra chipotle burrito with sour cream +guac, once a week for the 1200-1500 calorie surplus.

I’m going to get to the 30th of this month and check my weight. Then if it’s not moving enough I’ll up it again. That’s then 2 weeks since starting a new cycle.

Is there any benefits to eating more of your calories on a training day? Or does it make no difference? I’m fairly consistent 2400 each day
    Your body will average out your macros over at least 7 days. The only "timing" that would work is carbs, since you will be lifting using the glycogen stores that were filled from the carbs you ate 8-12 hours before hand. So no point in "carbing up" 1-2 hours before a workout, that only boosts blood glucose which is aerobic, and lifting is anaerobic. And after a arse kicker workout your muscles are in semi shock, and its very hard to get nutrients into them because of the pump/shock, so that 30 minute anabolic window is horse apples.

Finally stopped being a tight bastard and went to a physio about my bicep and shoulder pain. Turns out it’s a median nerve issue. So have stretches to help fix it. I was sure it was a bicep tendon issue. And that why you need to go to the physio and stop googling **** 😂

GACheesehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been running my own modified version of The Routine using kettlebells and dumbbells as a stopgap since the lockdown began.
    The exercises are:
    -Goblet Squats
    -Floor Press
    -Bent-Over Row
    -Military Press
    -Kettlebell Swings
    -Dumbbell Curls
    -Calf Raise
    -Russian Twist / Ab Wheel
    I'm using the Novice Variant with the standard progression. Basically, 3 sets of 8-12 reps increasing each week.
    The weights increase by 5 lbs each cycle until I run out of weight. I figure that will be about 4 cycles, then add additional sets until it's safe to return to the gym.
    Any suggestions or critiques are welcome.

Originally Posted by GACheesehead View Post
    I've been running my own modified version of The Routine using kettlebells and dumbbells as a stopgap since the lockdown began.
    The exercises are:
    -Goblet Squats
    -Floor Press
    -Bent-Over Row
    -Military Press
    -Kettlebell Swings
    -Dumbbell Curls
    -Calf Raise
    -Russian Twist / Ab Wheel
    I'm using the Novice Variant with the standard progression. Basically, 3 sets of 8-12 reps increasing each week.
    The weights increase by 5 lbs each cycle until I run out of weight. I figure that will be about 4 cycles, then add additional sets until it's safe to return to the gym.
    Any suggestions or critiques are welcome.
    Everything ok other than your progression. You may be better off running the auto regulated or 10 sets of 3 variants due to your 5lb increases. And if you are going to replace the SLDL with the kettlebell swing, make sure those things are dam heavy

I missed my session today due to work being crazy. I’m slightly concerned I won’t make it at all this week. Working every hour god sends this week. How does this affect the program is I miss this week? I’m meant to be on 10 rep week. If I have to pick up next Monday what should I do?

I missed my session today due to work being crazy. I’m slightly concerned I won’t make it at all this week. Working every hour god sends this week. How does this affect the program is I miss this week? I’m meant to be on 10 rep week. If I have to pick up next Monday what should I do?
    Next week do 9 rep week. Then the week after do 10 rep week etc.

Whenever there is a large interruption just reset to 9 rep week.

Ok great.

I will also try and get a heavy in tomorrow and Friday. But if not I’ll go back to 9

Got to move my 3rd weeks starting day due to a possible COVID exposure. Is that bad?

Originally Posted by eemuman View Post
    Got to move my 3rd weeks starting day due to a possible COVID exposure. Is that bad?
    Your choice:
    get in 2 heavies before normal week 4 start day
    reset to week 2 (9 rep week) when you come back to normal schedule.

Your choice:
    get in 2 heavies before normal week 4 start day
    reset to week 2 (9 rep week) when you come back to normal schedule.
    Thanks for the help! If all goes as they should, I should be able to do two heavies this week. That is if all the tests come back as negatives lol

Maltex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi night, great program and nice to see you giving us novice lifters some assistans in the thread.

I just finished my 4th cycle and have gone from 85kg (obese) to 70kg @ 170cm. I still have a few kgs to lose but atm i have been stable for a few weeks.

week 4 i failed my bench for the first time and my press for the second time. What would you recommend for me? uping calories or adding some exercises? If so what exercises? im thinking off skipping curls and adding chins and maybe some pushpress or something.

Week 5 start:

weight in kgs
    Squat 75x8
    Bench 60x8
    Row 55x8
    press 32,5x8
    SLDL 70x8

Thanks again for all you hard work!

Originally Posted by Maltex View Post
    Hi night, great program and nice to see you giving us novice lifters some assistans in the thread.

I just finished my 4th cycle and have gone from 85kg (obese) to 70kg @ 170cm. I still have a few kgs to lose but atm i have been stable for a few weeks.

week 4 i failed my bench for the first time and my press for the second time. What would you recommend for me? uping calories or adding some exercises? If so what exercises? im thinking off skipping curls and adding chins and maybe some pushpress or something.

Week 5 start:

weight in kgs
    Squat 75x8
    Bench 60x8
    Row 55x8
    press 32,5x8
    SLDL 70x8

Thanks again for all you hard work!
    Bench isnt low. OHP and squat are low.

So let go for the good ole "deep push press". So Grab your light day bench working weight, and do a set of push presses, going down as much as you comfortably can. Your goal is less than 4 reps before things get shaky. So if you can hit 4 reps, switch to your medium day bench working weight. Once you master the lift you can do 2 or even 3 sets at the end of each workout, but for the first cycle just do 1 set to get in an extra 5-10 reps of volume throughtout the week. Give that 2 weeks, once your core is adapted you can try replacing the curl with either 2 RPE 7.5- 8 sets of chinups, or just do grease the groove chinups on "on" days. Once you are no longer sore from the grease the groove style, you can do them daily if you want, but at first your squat and row will be compromised till your core/lats adapt to the new volume.

WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100) WyRobe is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hey guys! Please tell me which workout app is best for you?