Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    Narrow or wide grip?
    Use a bar bell and "tune" the grip width so the rep naturally ends at elbows to shoulder line. Go too narrow and you end up with elbows to ears

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome
    Thanks! I’ll watch some videos. As I think I’m doing it right, but then all this time I’ve been doing shoulder press wrong so who knows!
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Use a bar bell and "tune" the grip width so the rep naturally ends at elbows to shoulder line. Go too narrow and you end up with elbows to ears

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Night, I have one more question on the SLDL. I know that slightly pointing out the toes allows for further glute activation, but I wanted your input on how necessary this is/beneficial. For some reason, I can't get it to not hurt my right knee when my toes are slightly pointed out, however, when toes are straight forward it seems to not bother my knee. Is this modification of toes straight forward fine?
    Last edited by neuralfusion011; 11-14-2020 at 10:14 AM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by neuralfusion011 View Post
    Hey Night, I have one more question on the SLDL. I know that slightly pointing out the toes allows for further glute activation, but I wanted your input on how necessary this is/beneficial. For some reason, I can't get it to not hurt my right knee when my toes are slightly pointed out, however, when toes are straight forward it seems to not bother my knee. Is this modification of toes straight forward fine?
    The point of the SLDL on this program is to work out the hams and reenforce the lower back. So toes forward is fine. Hell toes forward is fine in the squat too, if you have the mobility to get below parallel. Some professional lifters compete with toes forward narrow stance, because they naturally run out of ROM just below parallel.

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The point of the SLDL on this program is to work out the hams and reenforce the lower back. So toes forward is fine. Hell toes forward is fine in the squat too, if you have the mobility to get below parallel. Some professional lifters compete with toes forward narrow stance, because they naturally run out of ROM just below parallel.
    Awesome, thanks. Thanks for all your work on this program man, it's been great for me. I was able to use it to take my bench from 75 lbs for 10 reps all the way to 175 for 11 reps (at BW 145). I love the lower volume type stuff like this. Keep up the good work.

osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2021 goal 1,000 lb club

Hi I love this program. I'm on my 10th cycle. Doing the 3x8 program. I've achieved my strength goals for 2020, and next year's gosh I think will be to get into 1,000 pound club (squat + deadlift + bench total)

My question is do you have suggestions for how to modify program if needed at all to prep for that?

Week 4 heavy was yesterday, completed all reps. 3x7 for all except 2x14 calf raises. * Next to ones I think I'll pass next week.
    Squat 205
    Bench 190
    Row 187.5
    *Press 107.5
    *SLD 210
    *Upright row 95
    *Calf raise 225

6'1" 190lbs,39.5
    Best guess for my target weights would be
    Squat 335
    DL 390
    Bench 275

Thanks
    Dan

Originally Posted by osmonix View Post
    Hi I love this program. I'm on my 10th cycle. Doing the 3x8 program. I've achieved my strength goals for 2020, and next year's gosh I think will be to get into 1,000 pound club (squat + deadlift + bench total)

My question is do you have suggestions for how to modify program if needed at all to prep for that?

Week 4 heavy was yesterday, completed all reps. 3x7 for all except 2x14 calf raises. * Next to ones I think I'll pass next week.
    Squat 205
    Bench 190
    Row 187.5
    *Press 107.5
    *SLD 210
    *Upright row 95
    *Calf raise 225

6'1" 190lbs,39.5
    Best guess for my target weights would be
    Squat 335
    DL 390
    Bench 275

Thanks
    Dan
    https://muscleandbrawn.com/bodybuild...tural-lifters/

You are shooting for "very strong".

In order for allpro to get you there, you would have to run auto regulated 4 times a week (or at least every 48 hours so 7 times every 2 weeks).

3 sessions a week will be dedicated to ed coan's 12 week peaking program, once for each lift.

So monday would be auto regulated for everything but bench
    tues would be auto regulated for everything but squat
    weds off
    thursday would be auto regulated for everything
    friday would be auto regulated for everything but traditional deadlift.

Other than that, a correctly programmed/volumed greyskull LP can get a college lifter to a 5 plate deadlift by the end of is college sophomore year if he was in the 4/3/2/1 plate club when he graduated.

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you have any advice on creatine for this program? I’ve always taken it daily in about 4g doses. Never loaded as it gives me stomach issues. Should I cycle off creatine to have a break on the deload week? Or can you continue taking it if you haven’t gone through a loading stage. Info seems conflicting

Do you have any advice on creatine for this program? I’ve always taken it daily in about 4g doses. Never loaded as it gives me stomach issues. Should I cycle off creatine to have a break on the deload week? Or can you continue taking it if you haven’t gone through a loading stage. Info seems conflicting
    "If a substance did anything, it would either be mandatory, or banned, in college sports".

It doesnt do anything once your muscles are properly trained. It does boost reps a bit for the first few weeks/months, but after that you can stop taking it. Modern folk just take a fixed amount per day. There is no "blast and cruise" or "loading and deloading". Whoever is trying to sell you the stuff is just taking pages off of real enhancements and applying it to creatine.

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    From the previous thread:

Q16: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A: You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

So I failed test day for bench today (end of cycle 3). Do I repeat cycle 3 in cycle 4 basically - for bench only of course?

Thanks
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Originally Posted by xuerebx View Post
    From the previous thread:

Q16: So I have managed to complete all reps for all exercises on all workouts, except for the overhead press... I only managed to get 11 reps on the second work-set of week 5 heavy day for those... can I bump the weight up anyway for the next cycle? I mean come on, I only missed one rep... pretty please?
    A: You can already see by the sarcastic way the question above was phrased that the answer is going to be "no" you can only increase the weight for the next cycle by 10% if you manage to complete 12 reps for each work-set on heavy day of week 5. Not a single rep more, and not a single rep less. If you failed even a single rep, you will need to repeat the weight for that failed exercise for the duration of the entire next cycle (5 week period). This is a safe-guard designed to make sure you do not keep infinitely stalling on the same exercise and to give the involved muscles enough time to rest and recover for some more banging.

So I failed test day for bench today (end of cycle 3). Do I repeat cycle 3 in cycle 4 basically - for bench only of course?

Thanks
    Bump the weight 10%, and try for 1 set of ten on light day of test week. If you get in all 10 reps you are gold for next cycle. Else yes repeat the next cycle with the same working weight.

We already had 1 person with a false negative on test day, and passed the 10 rep test on the new thread

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bump the weight 10%, and try for 1 set of ten on light day of test week. If you get in all 10 reps you are gold for next cycle. Else yes repeat the next cycle with the same working weight.

We already had 1 person with a false negative on test day, and passed the 10 rep test on the new thread
    Thanks man, let's see if I manage to get the 10 reps x2 sets (I got 12 and 10 reps today on test day).

For this 10 rep test on light day, is it +10% of today's weight, or do I take into account it's light day and thus multiply by 80%?

If anyone is interested this is a comparison photo from begining of cycle 1 to today the end of cycle one. My weight maintained at 75kg, so I’ll bump my calories up 200

https://pasteboard.co/JAtUGS8.jpg

Thanks man, let's see if I manage to get the 10 reps x2 sets (I got 12 and 10 reps today on test day).

For this 10 rep test on light day, is it +10% of today's weight, or do I take into account it's light day and thus multiply by 80%?
    You are trying to get in 1 set of 10 reps of "next" cycles heavy day working weight.

If anyone is interested this is a comparison photo from begining of cycle 1 to today the end of cycle one. My weight maintained at 75kg, so I’ll bump my calories up 200

https://pasteboard.co/JAtUGS8.jpg
    Pro tip, you will see the most change from side shots. Fronts dont change much other than with body fat changes. You will get thumbs up from front shots where you lost 10lbs of muscle but now have abs and can not even lift the starting weights...

Good tip. I’ll be posted if I find out one day hour some fat dude In a chair and I take everything you say as gospel 😂. Here’s a side view. I need better photos

https://pasteboard.co/JAu0FNZ.jpg

Pro tip, you will see the most change from side shots. Fronts dont change much other than with body fat changes. You will get thumbs up from front shots where you lost 10lbs of muscle but now have abs and can not even lift the starting weights...

You are trying to get in 1 set of 10 reps of "next" cycles heavy day working weight.

Understood. Cheers man. Today I got two sets of 12 reps bodyweight load squats, finally. Hope I get to 1.5x bw in a few months.

How much are you bumping your squats each cycle? Just 10% or more?
    Understood. Cheers man. Today I got two sets of 12 reps bodyweight load squats, finally. Hope I get to 1.5x bw in a few months.

How much are you bumping your squats each cycle? Just 10% or more?
    10%. I don't think I'd manage to complete the required reps with 20%, especially since I'm on a cut and have been since starting the first cycle.

Yeah same. I don’t know if I’m just **** ah squats but I’m dreading going up this cycle!
    10%. I don't think I'd manage to complete the required reps with 20%, especially since I'm on a cut and have been since starting the first cycle.

Yeah same. I don’t know if I’m just **** ah squats but I’m dreading going up this cycle!
    Ah yez the scary bumps, those are the best. "Now i did do 2 sets of 12 fatigued, but doing 1 set of 10 at 110% seems impossible, even though the math says i can do 2 sets of 9 at 110% right now". "What do you mean i have to add 20 pounds, are you trying to kill me?"

😂 I’m definately a beta
    Ah yez the scary bumps, those are the best. "Now i did do 2 sets of 12 fatigued, but doing 1 set of 10 at 110% seems impossible, even though the math says i can do 2 sets of 9 at 110% right now". "What do you mean i have to add 20 pounds, are you trying to kill me?"

The mind is such a powerful thing. Lifting weights is as much a mental effort as it is physical effort.

Good tip. I’ll be posted if I find out one day hour some fat dude In a chair and I take everything you say as gospel 😂. Here’s a side view. I need better photos

https://pasteboard.co/JAu0FNZ.jpg
    vitals.jpg

Still doing 155 for 10 squats

It’s crazy in my head that I’m 75kg and squats are still at 63kg. I guess I’ll
    Get there one day! I’m sure my technique is right, but who knows
    Attachment 9281871

Still doing 155 for 10 squats

osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10) osmonix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

You are shooting for "very strong".

In order for allpro to get you there, you would have to run auto regulated 4 times a week (or at least every 48 hours so 7 times every 2 weeks).

3 sessions a week will be dedicated to ed coan's 12 week peaking program, once for each lift.

So monday would be auto regulated for everything but bench
    tues would be auto regulated for everything but squat
    weds off
    thursday would be auto regulated for everything
    friday would be auto regulated for everything but traditional deadlift.

Other than that, a correctly programmed/volumed greyskull LP can get a college lifter to a 5 plate deadlift by the end of is college sophomore year if he was in the 4/3/2/1 plate club when he graduated.
    Thank you for sharing! I'll look into this and come back if I have any questions

Beeking85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I keep seeing in the FAQ mentions of a "Test Day". Am I missing something? I don't see any thing in the Routine that mentions a Test Day and what it entails.

Originally Posted by Beeking85 View Post
    I keep seeing in the FAQ mentions of a "Test Day". Am I missing something? I don't see any thing in the Routine that mentions a Test Day and what it entails.
    "test day" (heavy day of week 5)

Beeking85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "test day" (heavy day of week 5)
    OH, ok that makes sense. So first workout of 5th week you test to see if you move up in weight or not, got it. If I pass the test on say squats, but fail on bench press, Do i then bump up the weight for the next cycle on squats but keep the bench the same.

Originally Posted by Beeking85 View Post
    OH, ok that makes sense. So first workout of 5th week you test to see if you move up in weight or not, got it. If I pass the test on say squats, but fail on bench press, Do i then bump up the weight for the next cycle on squats but keep the bench the same.
    Yes. On test day, any lift you get all 12 reps on both sets, you bump at least 10% next cycle. If you fail to get in 12 reps, you repeat next cycle with the same working weight.