Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squats injury

Last time i did squats i heard and felt a loud snap/pop in my anterior hips at the bottom of the squat (likely due to bouncing lower than my hips can handle. Hurts to move my leg laterally now or lift it, but it's bearable. I can squat to slightly anove paralell without pain. Should i keep squatting in the range that doesn't hurt, and should I lower the weight? I have always had issues with squatting at/below paralell due to likely FAI.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by neuralfusion011 View Post
    Last time i did squats i heard and felt a loud snap/pop in my anterior hips at the bottom of the squat (likely due to bouncing lower than my hips can handle. Hurts to move my leg laterally now or lift it, but it's bearable. I can squat to slightly anove paralell without pain. Should i keep squatting in the range that doesn't hurt, and should I lower the weight? I have always had issues with squatting at/below paralell due to likely FAI.
    I would squat "normally" onto a box setup for at or slightly above parallel, and put the full weight on the box each rep. This will carry over strength 15 degrees more (so you wont lose below parallel strength) and the dead stop at the bottom will make it more like a paused rep, so that will make up for the lack of range.

You are not to use "true box squat form". You are free to have knees travel forward etc. The only things to watch out for is to make sure your back angle doesnt change throughout the rep (other than full lockout at the top) and keep your arse from shooting up when you first get off the box (knees and arse should be in unison).

PirateCrow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I tried searching but I wasn't able to find an answer to this one. What should I do if my starting weight is the empty bar (20kg)? I am able to warmup with a 5kg bar that my gym has but I'm not sure how to handle the days where I'm supposed to drop 90% and 80%.

Should I just do fewer reps? Or stick to full 8 rep sets with the empty bar until I can move up in weight? Thanks!

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PirateCrow View Post
    I tried searching but I wasn't able to find an answer to this one. What should I do if my starting weight is the empty bar (20kg)? I am able to warmup with a 5kg bar that my gym has but I'm not sure how to handle the days where I'm supposed to drop 90% and 80%.

Should I just do fewer reps? Or stick to full 8 rep sets with the empty bar until I can move up in weight? Thanks!
    When its that low, i recommend 2 warmup sets using either that 5kg bar, or just unloaded with a broom stick or plastic pipe. Worksets can just be 2 sets of just the bare bar all week.

The only exception would be the OHP. You would have to switch to the seated db arnold press till you can get 10reps of 55lbs. Then you can start using the bar, with 55lbs on heavy, 50 on medium, and just the bare 20kg bar on light days.

Rimsmile96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello,

After a year off, I just found this program and I'm at my second week of the very first cycle. I just have some quick questions.

What does test day mean and how do I do it?
    do I keep the same weight for 1 cycle, just increase the reps week by week?
    As I understand I need 2 days rest after a heavy day. So is it best if I workout on Mon Thurs Sat and cardio on Sat night? Should I add more cardio somewhere? I go to the gym at around 10am-2pm.
    how do I know if I'm eating right for the workout plan?

thank you very much. Very sorry if the question repeats
    Last edited by Rimsmile96; 06-21-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Time2Sleep00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi! Im doing this again since we just had a long lockdown and want to get back in shape.

I am 183cm and 165lbs so that's about 22bmi, I have maybe between 20-25 body fat. Question about my diet. I only have maintenance of 2000 calories so I will be eating at 1500-1700 calories and the suggested diet is more than that. I can only do extra low-intensity cardio in between the workout days. Which macro can I lower and up to what?

Also what if I can push a bit more reps on medium and light days? Can I continue?
    Last edited by Time2Sleep00; 06-22-2021 at 03:27 AM.

Originally Posted by Time2Sleep00 View Post
    Hi! Im doing this again since we just had a long lockdown and want to get back in shape.

I am 183cm and 165lbs so that's about 22bmi, I have maybe between 20-25 body fat. Question about my diet. I only have maintenance of 2000 calories so I will be eating at 1500-1700 calories and the suggested diet is more than that. I can only do extra low-intensity cardio in between the workout days. Which macro can I lower and up to what?

Also what if I can push a bit more reps on medium and light days? Can I continue?
    No "coach" in their right mind is going to tell a 6ft tall 165lb male to cut at 1500 calories...

Allpro and the recommended cardio should increase your TDEE to the point you are losing around a pound a week, vs siting on the coach eating just enough to maintain weight.

No one likes the pudge, but at the end of the day, do you really want to be BMI 20 and just "skinny"?
    You are going to look much better in a shirt at 20%, and with a slight chest increase, the shirt will just drape and you will look even better, even if you are pudgey.

But honestly i would start a slow bulk for 3 cycles and gain a min average of 4kg. After that spend a cycle or two losing that 4kg, rinse repeat till you have abs and bmi 23-24.

As for lowering certain macros, if you cut carbs, performance and recovery suffers alot. Protein is pretty much fixed for bulking or cutting. So the wild card is fats. If you can feed your self correctly, you can lower the fats to 50-60g (or 27g if you had medical grade perfect ratio essential fatty acid blend). But if you are just eating plain chicken breasts, and coconut/olive oil, you are not going to be able to lower the fats. If you have a good selection of nuts, fish, butter, high fat veggies, then you can lower.

Originally Posted by Rimsmile96 View Post
    Hello,

After a year off, I just found this program and I'm at my second week of the very first cycle. I just have some quick questions.

What does test day mean and how do I do it?
    do I keep the same weight for 1 cycle, just increase the reps week by week?
    As I understand I need 2 days rest after a heavy day. So is it best if I workout on Mon Thurs Sat and cardio on Sat night? Should I add more cardio somewhere? I go to the gym at around 10am-2pm.
    how do I know if I'm eating right for the workout plan?

thank you very much. Very sorry if the question repeats
    Test day is week 5 heavy day. Feel free to stop a set short, or fail a rep, any day but test day. If you get in both sets of 12 on test day, you "pass" and get to bump the weights by at least 10% for next cycle.

Yes you should have 3 sets of weight. heavy medium light, and each week you just add 1 rep to every set.

The rule is no lifting 72 hours before ANY heavy day. You can still play sports, do cardio, etc during that 72 hours. "cardio" does not tax the energy system used on heavy day. In fact cardio is not for weight loss, its to help increase recovery between sets etc. For max recover, you should do cardio directly after the workout, or at least 8 hours before the workout.

As stated in the FAQ, you are eating right if you are going up or down at least 1kg per cycle. If you continue to stay the same weight, your diet is off.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    No "coach" in their right mind is going to tell a 6ft tall 165lb male to cut at 1500 calories...

Allpro and the recommended cardio should increase your TDEE to the point you are losing around a pound a week, vs siting on the coach eating just enough to maintain weight.

No one likes the pudge, but at the end of the day, do you really want to be BMI 20 and just "skinny"?
    You are going to look much better in a shirt at 20%, and with a slight chest increase, the shirt will just drape and you will look even better, even if you are pudgey.

But honestly i would start a slow bulk for 3 cycles and gain a min average of 4kg. After that spend a cycle or two losing that 4kg, rinse repeat till you have abs and bmi 23-24.

As for lowering certain macros, if you cut carbs, performance and recovery suffers alot. Protein is pretty much fixed for bulking or cutting. So the wild card is fats. If you can feed your self correctly, you can lower the fats to 50-60g (or 27g if you had medical grade perfect ratio essential fatty acid blend). But if you are just eating plain chicken breasts, and coconut/olive oil, you are not going to be able to lower the fats. If you have a good selection of nuts, fish, butter, high fat veggies, then you can lower.
    I will be doing my liss cardio on t th. How about the reps? Can I push more if I can at medium and light days?

Originally Posted by Time2Sleep00 View Post
    I will be doing my liss cardio on t th. How about the reps? Can I push more if I can at medium and light days?
    If you want to push reps, you need to run the "auto regulated version" in the faq, and all days will be "heavy". Just as you go on during the week, the reps per session will naturally go down as the fatigue builds up.

Test day is week 5 heavy day. Feel free to stop a set short, or fail a rep, any day but test day. If you get in both sets of 12 on test day, you "pass" and get to bump the weights by at least 10% for next cycle.

Yes you should have 3 sets of weight. heavy medium light, and each week you just add 1 rep to every set.

The rule is no lifting 72 hours before ANY heavy day. You can still play sports, do cardio, etc during that 72 hours. "cardio" does not tax the energy system used on heavy day. In fact cardio is not for weight loss, its to help increase recovery between sets etc. For max recover, you should do cardio directly after the workout, or at least 8 hours before the workout.

As stated in the FAQ, you are eating right if you are going up or down at least 1kg per cycle. If you continue to stay the same weight, your diet is off.
    Thank you!
    So I’m fine with working out after about 48 hours of heavy day, correct?

I’ve also read some comment saying that allpro program is slower in building strength and muscle compare to others (like 5x5 or upper/lower split) because it only has 1 heavy day and I need to repeat 5 weeks cycle if I fail an exercise. Is it true? I tried those plans before and allpro gives me less pain and much lighter. What’s the advantage of the allpro compare to the others and how do I know which is the right plan for me to build muscle mass the fastest?

Thank you!
    So I’m fine with working out after about 48 hours of heavy day, correct?

I’ve also read some comment saying that allpro program is slower in building strength and muscle compare to others (like 5x5 or upper/lower split) because it only has 1 heavy day and I need to repeat 5 weeks cycle if I fail an exercise. Is it true? I tried those plans before and allpro gives me less pain and much lighter. What’s the advantage of the allpro compare to the others and how do I know which is the right plan for me to build muscle mass the fastest?
    Monday heavy
    weds medium
    friday light

Or some:
    friday heavy
    sunday medium
    tuesday light

etc

Allpro is only "slow" if you dont read. If you start off with just the bare 45lb bar (like the 5x5 recommended starting weight) and "add 10%" every 5 weeks, that is pretty dam slow

However you should be starting with your 10-12 rep MAX, and adding "at least 10%" every 5 weeks.

Now lets go a bit further. Once you are "in the groove" of 5x5, you are adding 30lbs to the bar every month, but also should be removing 10% every 5-6 weeks. So now what is the progression when you are adding 35-40lbs when the working weight is around 150-200lbs? Its still only going to be around 20lbs "a cycle".

Now lets look at the end goals of both programs:

On allpro you should be a BMI of 24 and 13% bf in 9-12 months and squat 1.25x-1.5x bw for 10 reps

On 5x5 you should be 5.10 and around 200lbs, and deadlift 405 for a rep or 2, and will be at 18-22% bf

5x5 is to "make weight for foot ball/ rugby tryouts"
    allpro is a "body building / hypertrophy routine"

You are not going to make weight for tryouts on allpro, your gonna get steam rolled :P
    You are not going to look good for spring break / wedding on 5x5, at best you will have a flatish stomach in a suite :P

Monday heavy
    weds medium
    friday light

Or some:
    friday heavy
    sunday medium
    tuesday light

etc

Allpro is only "slow" if you dont read. If you start off with just the bare 45lb bar (like the 5x5 recommended starting weight) and "add 10%" every 5 weeks, that is pretty dam slow

However you should be starting with your 10-12 rep MAX, and adding "at least 10%" every 5 weeks.

Now lets go a bit further. Once you are "in the groove" of 5x5, you are adding 30lbs to the bar every month, but also should be removing 10% every 5-6 weeks. So now what is the progression when you are adding 35-40lbs when the working weight is around 150-200lbs? Its still only going to be around 20lbs "a cycle".

Now lets look at the end goals of both programs:

On allpro you should be a BMI of 24 and 13% bf in 9-12 months and squat 1.25x-1.5x bw for 10 reps

On 5x5 you should be 5.10 and around 200lbs, and deadlift 405 for a rep or 2, and will be at 18-22% bf

5x5 is to "make weight for foot ball/ rugby tryouts"
    allpro is a "body building / hypertrophy routine"

You are not going to make weight for tryouts on allpro, your gonna get steam rolled :P
    You are not going to look good for spring break / wedding on 5x5, at best you will have a flatish stomach in a suite :P
    Thank you!
    I just wanted to make sure that I will make progress from the program. I just have some more questions:

I didn’t do the 10 reps max to find my lifting weight but I just picked up whatever I felt like heavy enough. The stiff leg deadlift and bent over row is a bit light for me(I could do more than 9 reps on heavy day of week 2) should I increase the weight? Maybe next week or next cycle?

if I fail to do 12 reps for my exercise on test day, do I repeat the cycle for the exercises that I fail only or repeat all of them?

I also read about why stiff leg deadlift is good for this program but I didn’t fully understand what it meant(it talked about bone structure). Can I do regular deadlift instead if I’m good at it?

Thanks again

And is it ok if I proceed my medium workout day if my leg is still sore? My schedule is mon wed fri so I’ve rested about 48 hours

Thank you!
    I just wanted to make sure that I will make progress from the program. I just have some more questions:

I didn’t do the 10 reps max to find my lifting weight but I just picked up whatever I felt like heavy enough. The stiff leg deadlift and bent over row is a bit light for me(I could do more than 9 reps on heavy day of week 2) should I increase the weight? Maybe next week or next cycle?

if I fail to do 12 reps for my exercise on test day, do I repeat the cycle for the exercises that I fail only or repeat all of them?

I also read about why stiff leg deadlift is good for this program but I didn’t fully understand what it meant(it talked about bone structure). Can I do regular deadlift instead if I’m good at it?

Thanks again
    You should feel like superman the first week or 2 of the cycle. 10 rep week is when it starts to get hard, you should have plenty of reps in the tank on week 1 & 2.
    If you fail to get your 2 sets of 12 heavy, you repeat next cycle with that weight, but only for the exercises you fail at. Its not uncommon to pass bench and fail OHP, and then the following cycle fail bench and pass OHP.

regular deadlifts do not have an eccentric phase and do not fully extend the hamstrings. They are also very taxing on the cns. You can add regular deadlifts to 1 session per week as an accessory, after you have passed 2 test days.

And yes working out sore on medium day, will make you less sore on light day. I dont know why it happens, but it does

Plus this is a fatigue based training program, so you should never feel "fresh".

dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sldl

So having watched this video (site won't let me link as I don't have 50 posts...sigh) it seems I've been doing Romanian Deadlifts instead of SLDL. Seems the only real difference is that the weight touches the floor with SLDL whereas RDL they don't. Should I change over to RDL or stick with RDL? Seems they are exercising the same muscle groups but perhaps RDL will be easier in future when the weight is increased?

I'm only in my first cycle but Monday is test day. Would it make sense to keep to RDL for test day then look at changing over once i drop down to 8 reps on week 6?

Originally Posted by dcanham001 View Post
    So having watched this video (site won't let me link as I don't have 50 posts...sigh) it seems I've been doing Romanian Deadlifts instead of SLDL. Seems the only real difference is that the weight touches the floor with SLDL whereas RDL they don't. Should I change over to RDL or stick with RDL? Seems they are exercising the same muscle groups but perhaps RDL will be easier in future when the weight is increased?

I'm only in my first cycle but Monday is test day. Would it make sense to keep to RDL for test day then look at changing over once i drop down to 8 reps on week 6?
    Ive posted how to do the correct SLDL in the faq.

As for splitting hairs...

"My" definition of a RDL is just a standard form top down deadlift. If we take a picture of you, we shouldnt be able to tell if you are RDL'ing or standard deadlifting. The RDL creates an eccentric phase deadlift.

You could continue to use the RDL if you wanted to.

The benefits of switching to the SLDL:
    full extension of the hamstrings
    Increased range of motion and improved form at the bottom of the squat
    Less lower back fatigue due to using a lower weight farther from the body
    Training and using the "stretch reflex" at the bottom of the rep

However the SLDL will not improve your DL, but a RDL will. People RDL because you cant high rep DL, and you cant physically Deadlift 3 times a week without burnout if you use the correct weight.

I would run test day as is, if you pass your RDL, would then switch to SLDL next cycle with the same weight (no weight bumps). The SLDL will be harder because the weight is over toes, not riding up the shins.

dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dcanham001 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ive posted how to do the correct SLDL in the faq.

As for splitting hairs...

"My" definition of a RDL is just a standard form top down deadlift. If we take a picture of you, we shouldnt be able to tell if you are RDL'ing or standard deadlifting. The RDL creates an eccentric phase deadlift.

You could continue to use the RDL if you wanted to.

The benefits of switching to the SLDL:
    full extension of the hamstrings
    Increased range of motion and improved form at the bottom of the squat
    Less lower back fatigue due to using a lower weight farther from the body
    Training and using the "stretch reflex" at the bottom of the rep

However the SLDL will not improve your DL, but a RDL will. People RDL because you cant high rep DL, and you cant physically Deadlift 3 times a week without burnout if you use the correct weight.

I would run test day as is, if you pass your RDL, would then switch to SLDL next cycle with the same weight (no weight bumps). The SLDL will be harder because the weight is over toes, not riding up the shins.
    Thank you! I read the FAQ and all the comments for the last 15 pages about 3-4 weeks ago. Think I'll refresh and go back through the FAQ.

What I might do after test week is concentrate on proper form. I did this when I first started out but feel that a couple of lifts may have strayed slightly.

Registered User neuralfusion011's Avatar
    neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) neuralfusion011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would squat "normally" onto a box setup for at or slightly above parallel, and put the full weight on the box each rep. This will carry over strength 15 degrees more (so you wont lose below parallel strength) and the dead stop at the bottom will make it more like a paused rep, so that will make up for the lack of range.

You are not to use "true box squat form". You are free to have knees travel forward etc. The only things to watch out for is to make sure your back angle doesnt change throughout the rep (other than full lockout at the top) and keep your arse from shooting up when you first get off the box (knees and arse should be in unison).
    I tried and even putting a box so that it is above paralell makes my hips feel like they are about to give out. I even tried front squatting and not good feeling at all in the hip. Im gonna get them checked out may be labral tear. Trap bar deadlifts however with the high handle don't hurt my hip (since less acute hip angle). What do you think of replacing squats for now with trap bar deadlift? Shall i still keep SLDL in in that case or would that be too much hamstring work?
    Last edited by neuralfusion011; 06-23-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Originally Posted by neuralfusion011 View Post
    I tried and even putting a box so that it is above paralell makes my hips feel like they are about to give out. I even tried front squatting and not good feeling at all in the hip. Im gonna get them checked out may be labral tear. Trap bar deadlifts however with the high handle don't hurt my hip (since less acute hip angle). What do you think of replacing squats for now with trap bar deadlift? Shall i still keep SLDL in in that case or would that be too much hamstring work?
    You need an eccentric quad exercise to replace the squat. You could make a trap bar into that, by turning it into a RDL, and not having the weights touch the floor between reps.

You should feel like superman the first week or 2 of the cycle. 10 rep week is when it starts to get hard, you should have plenty of reps in the tank on week 1 & 2.
    If you fail to get your 2 sets of 12 heavy, you repeat next cycle with that weight, but only for the exercises you fail at. Its not uncommon to pass bench and fail OHP, and then the following cycle fail bench and pass OHP.

regular deadlifts do not have an eccentric phase and do not fully extend the hamstrings. They are also very taxing on the cns. You can add regular deadlifts to 1 session per week as an accessory, after you have passed 2 test days.

And yes working out sore on medium day, will make you less sore on light day. I dont know why it happens, but it does

Plus this is a fatigue based training program, so you should never feel "fresh".
    Thank you!
    I just read some more and I found out that the first week or even second week of a cycle has like a built-in deload. No wonder it felt light to me. Do you think it is too much deload for a 25 years old beginner or because I just started? Will changing the reps helps me make more progress (6 to 10 instead of 8 to 12)?

I also read in the FAQ that the upright row is better than Curls because it's a half full-body exercise but I also found a YouTube video talking about the injuries it can easily do to the shoulders if not done correctly. I don't want to risk it, is there any other exercise I can consider replacing the upright row? I'll just stick with the curls if there isn't.

Thank you!
    I just read some more and I found out that the first week or even second week of a cycle has like a built-in deload. No wonder it felt light to me. Do you think it is too much deload for a 25 years old beginner or because I just started? Will changing the reps helps me make more progress (6 to 10 instead of 8 to 12)?

I also read in the FAQ that the upright row is better than Curls because it's a half full-body exercise but I also found a YouTube video talking about the injuries it can easily do to the shoulders if not done correctly. I don't want to risk it, is there any other exercise I can consider replacing the upright row? I'll just stick with the curls if there isn't.
    switching from 8-12 to 6-10 is going to change the working weight about 2.5% LOLLOLOLO

only week 1 is a deload. week 2 is just as hard as "test day" the cycle before, if you increased the weight at least 10%

If you dont want to upright row correctly (bar bell, with grip tuned so the rep naturally ends at elbows to shoulder Height, not the bad elbows to ears) then an other good one is just the standard chinup. Basically you just want a pull that is a different angle and grip vs the row.

switching from 8-12 to 6-10 is going to change the working weight about 2.5% LOLLOLOLO

only week 1 is a deload. week 2 is just as hard as "test day" the cycle before, if you increased the weight at least 10%

If you dont want to upright row correctly (bar bell, with grip tuned so the rep naturally ends at elbows to shoulder Height, not the bad elbows to ears) then an other good one is just the standard chinup. Basically you just want a pull that is a different angle and grip vs the row.
    I'll just stick with the reps and schedule. I just finished my second week of the first cycle. I feel exactly what you described, not feeling fresh at times, but a bit of tiredness and sleepy. I still feel like I'm not lifting enough but I like the fact that it makes me want to lift more every time I go back home from the gym like it has this motivational effect on me. but like it's been said, building muscle has nothing to do with how I feel. My old schedule more than a year ago was way heavier than this, I overtrained sometimes because all I knew was "lift heavy no pain no gain". that's probably why. Can't wait to see some result after 5 cycles.

I'll start doing the standard chin-up for next week as I'm familiar with this one. Thank you very much!

nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) nezaboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’m stuck with what to do. I bulked October to March and gained 8 kilos. I’ve been cuttinf since mid April, so about 3 months now. In that time I’ve lost 4 kg, so it’s not been aggressive at all. But I’m at a stage where I am losing strength and feeling gassed much quicker. Today I didn’t even squat because my thighs are so sore. Despite having the weekend to recover. Recovery is really poor.

I still feel like I need to cut more tbough. I can see faint abs when flexed.

What would you do here? Should I consider eating at maintanance for 2-4 weeks and then cutting again?

One issue I have is I carry a lot of fat in my chest, so even with almost visible abs, I still have fat titties! This makes me so self conscious

180cm 80kg

Registered User userVWELUHKPMHE's Avatar
    userVWELUHKPMHE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Night, thanks for your hard work.

What method would you recommend to measure BF%? I have an electronic weight scale that shows BF% but I am unsure how accurate it is. Appreciate your input to better reach the initial 13% goal. Thank you!
    Last edited by userVWELUHKPMHE; 06-28-2021 at 03:09 AM.

Originally Posted by nezaboy View Post
    I’m stuck with what to do. I bulked October to March and gained 8 kilos. I’ve been cuttinf since mid April, so about 3 months now. In that time I’ve lost 4 kg, so it’s not been aggressive at all. But I’m at a stage where I am losing strength and feeling gassed much quicker. Today I didn’t even squat because my thighs are so sore. Despite having the weekend to recover. Recovery is really poor.

I still feel like I need to cut more tbough. I can see faint abs when flexed.

What would you do here? Should I consider eating at maintanance for 2-4 weeks and then cutting again?

One issue I have is I carry a lot of fat in my chest, so even with almost visible abs, I still have fat titties! This makes me so self conscious

180cm 80kg
    Typically recovery issues are due to a lack of cardio and carbs. You go too low on those, and you wont have enough caloric turn over to get enough nutrition in your pie hole to perform.

The only way around that is to reduce volume. So the only way to do that is to do heavy heavy pattern(heavies 72 hours apart or more) for the entire cycle with just 2 sets.

Originally Posted by userVWELUHKPMHE View Post
    Hi Night, thanks for your hard work.

What method would you recommend to measure BF%? I have an electronic weight scale that shows BF% but I am unsure how accurate it is. Appreciate your input to better reach the initial 13% goal. Thank you!
    I use "the army method" for a simple calc.

https://www.calculator.net/army-body...alculator.html

There are also some really complicated measuring methods with tape if you are an odd ball (huge amount of back fat and have abs at 18%) that measure chest and leg.

I do not recommend the electrical scale method, it varies too much with water weight and salt.

McIntoshFM is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Graduate"

Hello,

I started this routine this week. I am a novice and was at first debating between Ice Cream and Fierce 5, however I am cutting hard right now and will be for another 8 weeks or so, and so decided to do AllPro for 3 cycles while I cut and then move to another program upon completion of the cut at 3 cycles. I started on Monday and have done two workouts.

I just read in the FAQ that you know you are "graduated" from AllPro when you can bench press 10 reps of your bodyweight. I am per the program scheduled to be there in two weeks. This is before any high rep weeks let alone increasing 10%. Does this program still apply to me or if I can bench 10 reps of BW is it recommended I find another program?

Regards,

Originally Posted by McIntoshFM View Post
    Hello,

I started this routine this week. I am a novice and was at first debating between Ice Cream and Fierce 5, however I am cutting hard right now and will be for another 8 weeks or so, and so decided to do AllPro for 3 cycles while I cut and then move to another program upon completion of the cut at 3 cycles. I started on Monday and have done two workouts.

I just read in the FAQ that you know you are "graduated" from AllPro when you can bench press 10 reps of your bodyweight. I am per the program scheduled to be there in two weeks. This is before any high rep weeks let alone increasing 10%. Does this program still apply to me or if I can bench 10 reps of BW is it recommended I find another program?

Regards,
    You are cutting so you can still use the program to maintain your bench. Now if you are bulking i would stay find an intermediate pattern for the bench since i dont recommend starting a program you wont run for at least 6 months.

But ICF and F5 graduation numbers are not that farther out, for some farm hands those are just 90 day programs (even jason says 1/3 of gen pop cant even run ICF for longer than 90 days just due to genetics).

For bench(or any other lift you are "good" at) there are 2 alternate patterns. If you check the faq there is the "autoregulated" pattern that has around 1/3 more volume vs "core". Then there is the "10 sets of 3" pattern that can have double the volume.

So am in my 3rd week of my first cycle. Gained maybe 2kg from where I started at 165lbs, now at 170-171lbs. Based on the body scanner, not much body fat was gained, from 22.2-22.5. Not completely relying on that but at least I know if I increase too much or not. Weight gain is probably from carbs as I was on low carbs before. Will stay at 2400 calories, 90 fats and 120 protein. Rest are carbs.

Started to have trouble on my 2nd set of OHP, starting to fail at 9th and 10th rep. Trying to finish that even if I wait a bit. Only doing cardio at T Th with abs